Can Ross jump as high as prime VC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Ross jump as high as prime VC?

Don't get me wrong, Carter will always be a better dunker. His hands and coordination WHILE in the air are unparalleled. But my god can Ross get up. The kid is 6'7 and his head looked HIGHER than Blake Griffin's to the rim last night.

I've been saying since pre season this kid has a ton of potential. He wasn't even on anybody's radar in high school, in fact I don't think he played school ball until high school. He improved dramatically in his 2nd year at Washington, which leads me to believe he's developing late and rapidly. He will be better than Derozan, and really I believe his ceiling is future all star.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

He is great defensively, has a smooth looking shot and is a mega athlete, he reminds me a bit of Aaron Aflalo with better athleticism. But he has the tools to become much better if he works hard

Comment

its rare these days to have a young player like T.Ross who is sooo young but already does many things well.. usually these rookies do 1 or 2 things really well like shoot & drive but cant defend there grandma in her slippers & nighty, (O ya thats just usually OUR rooks LOL) Ross seems to do a bit of everything well so far. should be interesting how he plays the rest of the season
      Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Sun Dec 23, 2012, 12:15 PM.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Don't get me wrong, Carter will always be a better dunker. His hands and coordination WHILE in the air are unparalleled. But my god can Ross get up. The kid is 6'7 and his head looked HIGHER than Blake Griffin's to the rim last night.

I've been saying since pre season this kid has a ton of potential. He wasn't even on anybody's radar in high school, in fact I don't think he played school ball until high school. He improved dramatically in his 2nd year at Washington, which leads me to believe he's developing late and rapidly. He will be better than Derozan, and really I believe his ceiling is future all star.
        Thing was with Vince you knew it was coming. Everyone in the arena knew what was going to happen when Vince had the ball, if you were Weis, you stood there and watched as it happened over your 7 foot frame.

Comment

I'm just damn happy we got a great, great pick. This guy is going to be something special.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

VC was unreal. VC cleared a fucking 7 footer in a game.

While Ross is fantastic (and just an amazing athlete) I do not think Ross has that kind of legendary hop.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
              VC was unreal. VC cleared a fucking 7 footer in a game.

While Ross is fantastic (and just an amazing athlete) I do not think Ross has that kind of legendary hop.
              This I agree with. But, Ross is a wonderful athlete.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I played the Raptors online vs the Spurs on 2k13 last night and i made Ross as the starting small forward. This was his stat line:

17 pts, 9 rebs, 10 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk. We won too !

Also TRoss' dunks had more flair than Derozan's. This kid's future shines bright like a diamond

Comment

Ross' predraft max vet: 37.5"
                  VC's predraft max vert: 43"

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...ss-5747/links/
                  http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...er-1951/links/

So it's not really that close in terms of a max vertical. He's very close to Derozan though and has a better no step.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/demar-derozan-1319/
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                    Ross' predraft max vet: 37.5"
                    VC's predraft max vert: 43"

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...ss-5747/links/
                    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...er-1951/links/

So it's not really that close in terms of a max vertical. He's very close to Derozan though and has a better no step.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/demar-derozan-1319/
                    Thanks for this .. confirms what I thought to be the case, that T Ross gets up for sure .. but not quite Vince-like. However, in terms of ability to dunk in games, hes more like Vince (the best) than DD (still struggling).

One thing I will say for T Ross is he isnt afraid to take off far away from the rim .. one of his dunks in the early games he took off inside the dotted line below the foul line and dunked it pretty easy. No easy feat for an in game dunk ... !

Comment

Can Ross jump as high as prime VC? NO.

VC's leaping ability and dunking ability is in a different level. I don't think anyone can compare to VC when it comes to dunking. There's a reason why people call him the greatest dunker of ALL TIME.

Ross is fantastic though. And i've been saying this in this forum for weeks now. Ross reminds me a lot of a young Jason Richardson. Difference is, Ross as a rookie is a much better shooter/defender than J-Rich in his rookie year.

J-Rich in his 1st year with the NBA was nothing but a dunker/slasher. Couldn't shoot, couldn't defend. Then he developed a 3pt shot later in hsi career and became primarily a 3pt shooter.

Ross i think has a chance to be a MUCH better player than J-Rich.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Simple answer, NO. Doesn't need much elaborating.
                        Deadallus

Comment

Vince was a freak, pure and simple. I mean...Vince jumped over a 7 footer DURING a game people. That said, Ross is about as close as you get to that without obviously being that kind of freak.

Comment

Gerald Green is a scrub

Comment

honestly I feel like ross's game is a waste of his athletic ability, he needs to learn to put the ball on the floor. But w.e. can't turn somebody into something he's not.

Comment

Working...
                              X