Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell happened to DeMar's post up game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell happened to DeMar's post up game?

I don't think they post him up at all in last night's game. They're basically using him right now on offence as a catch and shoot guy. Not really sure if that's a good idea.

DeMar's shooting has improved this year no doubt but catch and shoot is not his game.
    Mamba Mentality

Thats just Calderon's play he sets up shooters with Lowry sucking in defenders you will see a lot more closer to the basket plays wit Demar, calderon doesn't fit Demar's game well he shot because the passes he got were for catch an shoots.

last nights game was quite the debacle.

Comment

I think part of it is that we are playing a lot of small ball with Ross playing the two, leading Demar to be guarded by the opposing teams biggest wing which forces him outside. Matchups might be part of it too, Demar's only going to be effective against smaller guys in the post.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Doh,,,, it was one game and the only analysis you need is two words.........Kawhi Leonard,,, in Pop's own words, his new Bruce Bowen

Comment

He needs Lowry back in the starting line-up. How many pick and rolls can this team run in a game (90%)? He needs a real floor spacer with the penchant for driving and kicking and getting to the line. Lowry is the answer folks!
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
            Doh,,,, it was one game and the only analysis you need is two words.........Kawhi Leonard,,, in Pop's own words, his new Bruce Bowen
            +1 one game. it didn't go anywhere.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              He needs Lowry back in the starting line-up. How many pick and rolls can this team run in a game (90%)? He needs a real floor spacer with the penchant for driving and kicking and getting to the line. Lowry is the answer folks!
              some ppl i swear ***
              "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                some ppl i swear ***
                Not a fan of Lowry? IDK.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I really believe it's the play-calling by Calderon. Wonderful floor general, but he constantly runs pick-&-rolls, and doesn't really do much without the ball. That's why we sometimes struggle with the 2-guard lineup, because he doesn't move/play-make off-ball.

Also, this isn't Demar's fault, although, it's probably his best option offensively other than his drive. There needs to be a willingness to run the low-post for Demar, and Demar needs to demand the ball, ESPECIALLY when there's a mismatch.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

What happened to DeMar's post up game? It has been replaced with jump shot after jump shot after jump shot.

This has been a common theme for years in Toronto. There is no problem when the shots are falling but when they are not - which happens during a or two stretch (like 5 minutes plus) of every game - the Raptors are inefficient and extremely easy to defend. When a team goes zone on Toronto, Toronto has no answer because the pick and roll with Amir/ED/JV is not possible nor is the post ups for DeMar.

It is too bad the Raps don't have a player who can penetrate off the dribble...... oh wait a minute!

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      I don't think they post him up at all in last night's game. They're basically using him right now on offence as a catch and shoot guy. Not really sure if that's a good idea.

DeMar's shooting has improved this year no doubt but catch and shoot is not his game.
                      Probably a combination of being a poor passer out of double teams, having bigger defenders switched onto him, and perhaps throwing it into the post slows down the pace of the game for Toronto. You know how they want to play uptempo these days.

I'm sure they will exploit DD's post game when the right match ups are there.

Comment

the problem is Calderon gives him the ball to take jumpers, Calderon doesnt draw any defenders to make him post up on a 1on1 or drive Calderon's play making ensures the guy is always looking at his man and someone ready to block his lane on the drive.

Calderon as PG turns us into a jump shooting team unless you are a Amir who rolls to the basket very well with Jose.

Comment

Working...
                        X