ESPN PLAYOFF ODDS RAPTORS 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Boston without Rondo is complete garbage as we saw in the loss to Sac town. 76ers have hit the wall, they won't get higher than 8th without bynum. So the raptors odd's are high for the 8th seed
    Don't forget it is an 82 games season and a lot can change in 10 games as we have witnessed with Toronto..... let alone the 50 games remaining.

Comment

I hope the Raptors win every game, but if it unfolds that the Raptors finish 9th or 10th, this year's pick goes to OKC, BC goes on his merry way, the roster is tweeked by the new GM, then the Raptors will be hopefully headed in the right direction. Happy New Year!

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
        I hope the Raptors win every game, but if it unfolds that the Raptors finish 9th or 10th, this year's pick goes to OKC, BC goes on his merry way, the roster is tweeked by the new GM, then the Raptors will be hopefully headed in the right direction. Happy New Year!
        This would make for a Happy New Year, indeed!

Comment

As well, Hollinger's Power Rankings have us at 16th overall, and 7th in the East, ahead of Brooklyn, Philly, Detroit, Boston, as well as the usual bottom feeders. His power rankings are used as a starting point for his playoff predictor. Since they do weight a team's recent 10 heavily, it makes sense that the projection shows us gaining a lot of ground over recent strugglers like Philly and Boston. I think 37 wins is halfway between realistic and optimistic, but sort of doubt that it'll be enough for the playoffs, even in the East.

Comment

I don't know if we're making the playoffs or not. But 37-45 sounds about right. And hopefully I'm wrong, but there's no way the Celts are finishing with 37-45 too.

Comment

I feel the core is one strong young prospect away from future success. This means if we do not get any lottery picks for Bargs or Calderon, Im hoping we drop to 9th on the last game of the season in order to free up our lottery picks in the future
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                I feel the core is one strong young prospect away from future success. This means if we do not get any lottery picks for Bargs or Calderon, Im hoping we drop to 9th on the last game of the season in order to free up our lottery picks in the future
                Assuming the Raptors continue to play like they have been next year, they will be a playoff team and likely in the low/mid-40 win range meaning no lottery picks anyways. I am still hoping they take on the absolute worst contracts for a pick or right to swap picks.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Assuming the Raptors continue to play like they have been next year, they will be a playoff team and likely in the low/mid-40 win range meaning no lottery picks anyways. I am still hoping they take on the absolute worst contracts for a pick or right to swap picks.
                  wouldn't best case scenario be, make the playoffs and buy a pick? if the draft is going to be as weak as everyone is thinking then there should be some picks for sale for either cash or non guaranteed 2nd rounders.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    wouldn't best case scenario be, make the playoffs and buy a pick? if the draft is going to be as weak as everyone is thinking then there should be some picks for sale for either cash or non guaranteed 2nd rounders.
                    You rarely get to buy a lottery pick. That was what I was talking about if I was not clear. I just want the obligation over with this season. Looking through the draft, there are very few players that interest me. The ones that do are all C's and none peak my interest more than JV. If we are talking about buying a pick or packaging cash and a 2nd round pick for a high teen pick, then Otto Porter is the only first round pick that interests me right now (a lot can change in the next 6 months). DraftExpress.com has Porter at 16.

*EDIT* Oh yeah, and Anthony Bennett but he is making himself a top 5 pick.
                    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Jan 1, 2013, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      You rarely get to buy a lottery pick. That was what I was talking about if I was not clear. I just want the obligation over with this season. Looking through the draft, there are very few players that interest me. The ones that do are all C's and none peak my interest more than JV. If we are talking about buying a pick or packaging cash and a 2nd round pick for a high teen pick, then Otto Porter is the only first round pick that interests me right now (a lot can change in the next 6 months). DraftExpress.com has Porter at 16.

*EDIT* Oh yeah, and Anthony Bennett but he is making himself a top 5 pick.
                      Michael Carter-Williams very interesting as an 6'6" PG who is leading a very good Syracuse. Who leads the country in assist. Who should be in that mid first round area.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Celtics next 4 games: vs. Memphis

vs. Indiana
                        @ Atlanta (b2b)

@NYK

Philadelphia's next 6 games: @LAL
                        @Phoenix (b2b)

@OKC
                        @San Antonio(b2b)

vs. Nets
                        @ Toronto (This will be the 76ers 6th game in 9 nights and another b2b)

Now is the time for the raps to be making a run up the standings.
                        Last edited by AJ360; Tue Jan 1, 2013, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Agreed.

If the Raps make a good push, and continue their winning ways into Jan/Feb, then honestly, I thikn it could be very interesting.

Only thing that'd make that even better, is if we traded Bargs to another team for a player + Pick.

Like Okafor + First Rounder.

I wonder if Okafor would do well in Toronto. And then maybe Caldy for somebody else? Another pick? Reap in some picks?

Comment

Good news Boston is about to lose to Memphis right now.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Psshhh you guys talking about the 8th seed? In the eastern conference, we are only 5.5 games out of 5th.

(how lucky are we that we are not in that western conference?)

Comment

Orlando lost. Raps sitting tied for 9th..... whoops, I mean 10th.

Comment

Working...
                                X