Colangelo: Bargnani misunderstood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colangelo: Bargnani misunderstood

Colangelo, who was a guest of Mike Farwell and Jim Lang on Sportsnet 590 The Fan Wednesday morning, was asked if the Raptors' recent run of success with Bargnani on the shelf had changed his opinion of the Italian forward and the Raptors general manager quickly leapt to his player's defence.

"I think Andrea's a big-time talent," Colangelo said. "I think he's often maligned and then misunderstood and I think he did show what he is capable of doing for this team last year in a pretty big sample size of games, fitting into the defensive system and doing what he needed to do on both ends of the floor."

Colangelo said he wouldn't discuss any trade possibilities surrounding Bargnani (or any other Raptor) but did seem amused by the steady stream of trade rumours that seem to surround his team.

"I'm not going to get into trade speculation on any one particular player," he explained. "I often find it entertaining to see how many people are willing to do that for us and put us into trades and draw foregone conclusions for us but at the end of the day, we need to do what's best for the team."
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...drea_bargnani/

Il Mago 4 life

Optimist: I hope he's doing that to increase his value.

Realist: Shit, he's not lyeing.

Pessimist: Im done with this crap.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

if we trade bargs, or lowry, or calderon or whoever, could we start ed davis?

Comment

"...but at the end of the day, we need to do what's best for the team."
        Does this mean he's planning to resign?

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
          does this mean he's planning to resign?
          burn

Comment

I'm really hoping this is all just covering up his trade options. But it still scares the crap out of me.

think he did show what he is capable of doing for this team last year in a pretty big sample size of games, fitting into the defensive system
            13 games. How is that considered a big sample? Especially with 400 or so other games available to compare against. And its not as if he didn't come back after those 13 games and throw together a long string of stinkers which continued into this season.

I pray this is Colangelo talking out of his ass....

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
              I'm really hoping this is all just covering up his trade options. But it still scares the crap out of me.

13 games. How is that considered a big sample? Especially with 400 or so other games available to compare against. And its not as if he didn't come back after those 13 games and throw together a long string of stinkers which continued into this season.

Yes, it is. We are in inflate trade value mode. With all the rumours out there that Bargnani is as good as gone I think he is spinning his own story so he can at least start a negotiation with another team saying, "Yeah, that is ridiculous. Not sure where those rumours are coming from. I've been straightforward with how i Feel about Andrea and the value he has to our club." Now the GM on the other line is rolling his eyes and doing a jerk off motion but BC is doing what he has to do.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post

I think what he meant, is that 13 consecutive games is a big enough sample to indicate that he has it wihin him to be that player when focused. The question of course is what will it take to keep him focused for 82 games?

I am pretty sure he will look good initially, when he comes back, just not so sure it will stay that way.

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                  if we trade bargs, or lowry, or calderon or whoever, could we start ed davis?
                  Start ed davis without any trades. Bargs comes off the bench. If he is going to be traded then he will be on the bench on another team, so may as well get him used to it.

Comment

(am i the only one having issues with the edit function on the forum today?)

Also lets not forget that the 13 games that he played like he was special, lead to an injury. Maybe he was pushing himself too hard.

Comment

Both of them can go
                      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

"I think Andrea's a big-time talent," Colangelo said. "I think he's often maligned and then misunderstood and I think he did show what he is capable of doing for this team last year in a pretty big sample size of games, fitting into the defensive system and doing what he needed to do on both ends of the floor."

probably took him weeks to come up with that gem, bargnani is becoming harder and harder to sell.

anyways colangelo can say whatever he pleases, I'll reserve my judgement for their actions when this bum returns from injury.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                          Optimist: I hope he's doing that to increase his value.

Realist: Shit, he's not lyeing.

Pessimist: Im done with this crap.

Depressionist: Bargs comes back. BC pressures Casey to run the bulk of offensive plays through him because he's "Big time talent".

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                            Does this mean he's planning to resign?
                            Come Hell or High Water. #No3rdYearOption
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post

probably took him weeks to come up with that gem, bargnani is becoming harder and harder to sell.

anyways colangelo can say whatever he pleases, I'll reserve my judgement for their actions when this bum returns from injury.
                              Even the best car salesman cannot sell a shiny, broken Ferrari.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                              X