Gay to debut for Raptors on Sunday [Post #727]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    It just means we're trying to get something of value (Gay....or car) in exchange for something with no value (Bargnani....or hugs). lol
    Bargs may not be valuable to us but he could really help another team. The dude is pretty fucking shit, but he's no kwame brown thats for sure.

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
      Plus he's a key part of a great team in the west..
      I sub-disagree. The team went further in the playoffs and seemed to play better basketball together on both ends of the court when he didn't play with the team during the 2011 playoffs. Look at last playoffs, that could be a huge example.

The team plays better running their offense mainly through their bigs, and playing inside out, rather than vice versa, and running their O through Gay.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Bargs may not be valuable to us but he could really help another team. The dude is pretty fucking shit, but he's no kwame brown thats for sure.
        Lol hahaha +1 "Pretty fucking shit" Way to be subtle and colourful.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I don't think it solves the issues Memphis is looking to address with a Gay trade. They lack wing depth, shooting, and financial flexibility. Ed and Marion - assuming he picks up his $9M - also count for a little over $12M for next season while addressing none of the needs management has identified as issues.

I do like the trade, fwiw. Just don't think it addresses Memphis' reasons for trading Gay.
          Fair enough. I should clarify a few things though. I made this trade based on Woj's info (which we all know is almost never erroneous) naming Ed davis and Calderon as the central pieces coming out of Toronto.

If Memphis is trying to address wing depth and shooting, why are they trading Rudy Gay away in the first place? And why don't they want one of the leagues best shooter (Calderon) on an expiring deal?

Point is: I agree with you Matt. But if the stumbling block really is a team to take Calderon, I think this is the most realistic way for it to be done. Not a 100 player 10 team deal which lots of people seem to be proposing.

Not to mention, I'm pretty much indifferent on trading for Rudy Gay since Jose and Boss Davis are like my two favorite players on the Raptors. So it's not like I'm pining for it to get done or anything -- I'll be happy either way really.

Comment

• Woj:

Memphis and Toronto pushing closer on deal to send Rudy Gay to the Raptors, sources tell Y! Sports. Raps would part with Calderon and Davis.

GET IT DONE!!
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Woj:

Memphis and Toronto pushing closer on deal to send Rudy Gay to the Raptors, sources tell Y! Sports. Raps would part with Calderon and Davis.

GET IT DONE!!
              oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god!

I'm screaming like a fat, white ratchet at the top of my lungs like I haven't seen my girlfriends for years. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                Lol hahaha +1 "Pretty fucking shit" Way to be subtle and colourful.
                i try

Comment

• The impatience could mean straight up deal still plenty of time Memphis may have something up their sleeve to get this done sooner rather than later.

Comment

• No not Eddy noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

• “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Woj:

GET IT DONE!!
                          Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
                          Raptors and Grizzlies are discussing framework of trade with respective ownership groups now, sources tell Y! Deal could be done tonight.

Looks like things really are heating up.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post

FUCKIN A save the season Gay bring us a leader lol sorry im excited #Gay2013

Comment

That's really serious! I think it's time to start following @rudygay22 on twitter?
                              Last edited by japetas; Wed Jan 30, 2013, 05:41 PM.
                              (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

One way or another, lets just get some resolution to this drama!

IF a trade does get done, I much prefer it to be now, rather than right at the deadline. Getting it done sooner gives BC more time to pursue subsequent moves... I'm looking at you Bargnani, and possibly you too DeRozan!

Comment

Working...
                                X