No announcement yet.

Gay to debut for Raptors on Sunday [Post #727]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn. Brandon Knight is going to be their 2 of the future after all. Drummond and Monroe finally gets their pick n' roll / Lob City PG in Jose.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

Raptor source had told me yesterday it was in Memphis' court, sounds like they made one last sweep of league and now are ready to sign off

Comment

• shit is getting reall

Comment

• Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

ESPN sources say Dallas is other prime landing spot for Calderon, but I'm told Mavs reluctant to part with SF that Grizz want: Vince Carter

Comment

• Who the hell is Hamed Haddiidi????someone fill me in!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Bruce Arthur ‏@bruce_arthur

Rudy Gay deal is indeed headed to the MLSE board.
              Retweeted by Eric Koreen
              Sigh... never have I wished more for an accountant. Silvestri come back!

Comment

• Finally going to get to see what Lowry can do with the keys to the team. That reason alone is enough to get me excited.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                  You don't seem to be very high on Rudy Gay. Why is that? He was playing at pure all-star level before the shoulder injury. Actually, last season he was playing very well too. Many thought he was an all-star snub.
                  Maybe, I am wrong. That is what I will be hoping for if this trade goes through.

I would rather see a much more realistic asset come back for Jose, and then aim to move up in next seasons draft with the players we currently have. Trade Andrea in the off season, if he comes back looking serviceable. Take the pile and trade for more talent in the next draft.

Gay is not a franchise savior in my eyes, and can see this ending very badly. Just because he is available doesn't mean we should do it.
                  Last edited by BasketballCrush; Wed Jan 30, 2013, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

ESPN sources say Dallas is other prime landing spot for Calderon, but I'm told Mavs reluctant to part with SF that Grizz want: Vince Carter
                    woww. I would take Jose for Carter any day of the week

Comment

• wow, suddenly im getting teary eyed at the thought of jose not being a raptor 4 life! his 3's and team ball were so clutch this season!! but go he must.. lets do this

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        Who the hell is Hamed Haddiidi????someone fill me in!
                        He's a big 27 y/o Iranian C, decent defense/rebounding for low minute guy. He's got 1 non-guaranteed year left on his contract after this season, at $1,397,500. They could either keep him for C depth, or look to trade either him or Gray.
                        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jan 30, 2013, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Wow, BC the tyrant!

Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

Raptors already taking on a ton of salary and Arthur isn't particularly great at anything (my opinion)
                          Ryan Wolstat Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

Hamed Haddadi has an unguaranteed deal for next season. Raptors balked at adding 2 years of Darrell Arthur

Steffi: No, we aren't taking Arthur's money. You have our final offer.

Bryan: but, but, but, c'mon now Eddie....

Steffi: Bryan, shut the fuck up. Two words: Jermaine O'Neal.

Bryan: fine *pout*

Steffi: Yeah, I'm still here. Sorry about that. Listen, we'll take Haddadi.

Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                            Maybe, I am wrong. That is what I will be hoping for if this trade goes through.

I would rather see a much more realistic asset come back for Jose, and then aim to move up in next seasons draft with the players we currently have. Trade Andrea in the off season, if he comes back looking serviceable. Take the pile and trade for more talent in the next draft.

Gay is not a franchise savior in my eyes, and can see this ending very badly. Just because he is available doesn't mean we should do it.
                            Who ever said he was? Or that he has to be?

Does this trade improve the talent level of the team, while addressing the most glaring positional weakness over the past decade? YES.

Comment

• Doug Smith confirming on twitter....that's a big sing...Woj for general rumours and Smith for Raps specific....definitely whatever is happening will be finalized tonight I would think....(fuck..damn you Rudy Gay...go to hell BC)

http://twitter.com/SmithRaps

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                                Who the hell is Hamed Haddiidi????someone fill me in!
                                a tall and ackward individual.

Comment

Working...
                                X