No announcement yet.

Gay to debut for Raptors on Sunday [Post #727]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just think if we get gay, we could have (possibly) 3 starters from the infamously shitty 2006 draft. lowry,bargnani,gay.

Comment

Not part of the trade forum (and I'm sorry) but because some trades are posted here, let me add another one:

Trade 1:
      http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=blx9o2g

Toronto gets Gay, Selby
      Toronto sends Jose, Amir

Memphis gets DWilliams, Jose
      Memphis sends Gay, Selby

Minnesota gets Amir
      Minnesota sends DWilliams

Simple 3 way trade.. Minny wants a big (don't blame them with KLove's injuries). Memphis/Hollinger gets DWilliams and an expiring PG. Toronto gets Gay and a backup PG.

Trade 2:
      http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a3bh38v

Toronto gets Millsap, Dalembert
      Toronto sends Bargnani, DeRozan

Utah gets Ellis
      Utah sends Millsap

Milwaukee gets Bargnani, DeRozan
      Milwaukee sends Ellis, Dalembert

I love Millsap. He's an expiring but I believe Toronto will have his Bird Rights so could resign even if they went above the cap. Dalembert would be a great backup for JV and is an expiring contract. Utah wants a dynamic guard that can score (fits Ellis to a tee). DeMar can play with his buddy in Milwaukee.

After the two trades, Toronto's roster would look like this:

JV/Dalembert/Gray
      Millsap/Davis
      Gay/AA/Pietrus/Kleiza
      Ross/Fields
      Lowry/JL3/Selby

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I read somewhere today that the Grizz may actually be interested in Calderon as a suitable backup to Conley. I know there is quite a bit of Bayless love around here but if you check his games thus far this season, he is not performing.

The key for Toronto to get Gay will be multiple teams entering the mix.

What a sweet wet dream it would be to have the Lakers and Minnesota enter the mix with Memphis and Toronto. Adding more stimulus to this wet dream, I did read somewhere today that the Wolves/Grizz were speaking about Gay but the Wolves are looking for a big man more than another wing and they have also made it clear Derrick Williams is not a part of the future (or present).

Well, looky here. What did Hollinger have to say about Williams this past summer:

So what about this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=by7vhlr

Lakers get stretch 4 and back up PG. By shedding $2M they actually save about $6M in salary and tax.

Memphis get under cap and shed salary with a SF (Williams), PF (Davis), backup PG (Ridnour), and versatile wing (Anderson) in return. Toronto, Minnesota can send picks to Memphis (Raps 2nd round picks, Wolves have Memphis 1st as it is so send it back).

Raptors get the infamous missing wing in Gay. Pekovic becomes starting C as JV is brought back after injury (he could be traded again, resigned this summer). Raps are thin at PF but Amir becomes new starter with a platoon of Fields, Kleiza, Acy doing back up (after January 15th Arthur and Speights can be traded too). Duhon gives a PG but his contract is only guaranteed for $1.5M next season (ie. cut him this summer).

Wolves want Gasol and get Jamison as the big 3 or stretch 4 for their efforts.
        this trade works a little TOO well and thus will never happen

would be awesome if it did though, and im a huge Davis fan.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          this trade works a little TOO well and thus will never happen

would be awesome if it did though, and im a huge Davis fan.
          It is also 15 players and would be the biggest trade EVER...... so no, not likely.

Comment

Not by me. I agree.
            From the biggest Derozan homer on this forum. I also agree.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I read somewhere today that the Grizz may actually be interested in Calderon as a suitable backup to Conley. I know there is quite a bit of Bayless love around here but if you check his games thus far this season, he is not performing.

The key for Toronto to get Gay will be multiple teams entering the mix.

What a sweet wet dream it would be to have the Lakers and Minnesota enter the mix with Memphis and Toronto. Adding more stimulus to this wet dream, I did read somewhere today that the Wolves/Grizz were speaking about Gay but the Wolves are looking for a big man more than another wing and they have also made it clear Derrick Williams is not a part of the future (or present).

Well, looky here. What did Hollinger have to say about Williams this past summer:

So what about this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=by7vhlr

Lakers get stretch 4 and back up PG. By shedding $2M they actually save about $6M in salary and tax.

Memphis get under cap and shed salary with a SF (Williams), PF (Davis), backup PG (Ridnour), and versatile wing (Anderson) in return. Toronto, Minnesota can send picks to Memphis (Raps 2nd round picks, Wolves have Memphis 1st as it is so send it back).

Raptors get the infamous missing wing in Gay. Pekovic becomes starting C as JV is brought back after injury (he could be traded again, resigned this summer). Raps are thin at PF but Amir becomes new starter with a platoon of Fields, Kleiza, Acy doing back up (after January 15th Arthur and Speights can be traded too). Duhon gives a PG but his contract is only guaranteed for $1.5M next season (ie. cut him this summer).

Wolves want Gasol and get Jamison as the big 3 or stretch 4 for their efforts.

I more or less like the trade which gives us a strong-assed center (which would help against Cousin type situations) a second DD-like player in Gay, which is a bit more of a leader than DD, but has plateued. We keep our key young gunz except
              ED who I like but is a bit under-sized and weak against tougher players. We loose our best play-maker but hopefully Wroten+Duhon=Calderon. We get the win of trade by getting rid AB and his pasta.

It really is a tough call, main factor in me not liking it is that I don't think that the Timbits would be content with what they get for their 4 players.
              They really would get 2 talented old guys who where one of them is limited with knee problems. Otherwise its a good trade I'd my account.

Comment

I know you have to give up talent for talent but I never wanted to see (Ed,Demar,Jv or Ross go... I'm a huge Rudy Gay fan wanted him reaching North a long time. Good bigs are hard to come by too we won't just pick up another Ed Davis fellas

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                  I know you have to give up talent for talent but I never wanted to see (Ed,Demar,Jv or Ross go... I'm a huge Rudy Gay fan wanted him reaching North a long time. Good bigs are hard to come by too we won't just pick up another Ed Davis fellas
                  Davis isn't even that good. Besides, there are plenty of PFs to chase in free agency this summer who could easily step in and make us forget Davis ever existed. E.g.

- Josh Smith
                  - Taj Gibson
                  - Elton Brand
                  - Jason Maxiell
                  - Carl Landry
                  - David West
                  - Paul Millsap
                  - J.J. Hickson
                  - etc.

Comment

I want NO part of Rudy Gay. A PER of only 14.9 this season (career, only 16.2) with a salary escalating to $19M+ in 3 years. Don't even get started on his pathetic defense. Are you f**ing kidding me? This is a classic BCo "overpay-and-go-for-the-name-to-distract-the-fan-base" type of desperation move. What the hell does the advanced stats guy, Alex Rucker, do anyway?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Davis isn't even that good. Besides, there are plenty of PFs to chase in free agency this summer who could easily step in and make us forget Davis ever existed. E.g.

- Josh Smith
                      - Taj Gibson
                      - Elton Brand
                      - Jason Maxiell
                      - Carl Landry
                      - David West
                      - Paul Millsap
                      - J.J. Hickson
                      - etc.
                      Elton Brand, Jason Maxiell? Wow ED Davis is really not appreciated here.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Elton Brand, Jason Maxiell? Wow ED Davis is really not appreciated here.
                        Davis hasn't impressed me. I admit he's played relatively well since Bargnani went down, but I don't see a star-in-the-making the way some see him. Like Amir, I see Davis as a role player who's easily replaced....not a franchise core.

Comment

Ed Davis is second on the team in PER and his 5th youngest. It's hard to fine a big with his motor and nose for the ball. Out off those bigs you name only one of them that averaging a double double(JJ Hickson). We saw Ed our play him last week.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Rudy Gay struggling at the moment is of little concern he is a very competitive guy he will get his stride back. The team does need a leader and I think Rudy could be that guy for the Raps, Im just dreading the buyers remorse in what we move for him Ross imo is a must keep, moving Davis would upset me but I would get over it.

If the deal Calderon+Ed is made who fills the spot with Bargs out and Ed now shipped? I dread going to Amir/Acy/Gray getting regular minutes to fill the now depleted 4 spot... and I really don't want Lucas to start playing 10 or so a game with Calderon gone we need a guy ahead of him.

Comment

Anyone who would be upset about anything we send out for rudy gay is hiliarious cuz i bet the same ppl salivated over getting him a year or so ago.. it's not like dudes 30 he's only 26 still in his prime and the wing/closer we've desperately needed for years..

But hey that's just my opinion.

Comment

I know people think Demar is just a shorter Gay, but I honestly don't think Demar would put up these kinda numbers if he were playing for the 22-10 Grizzlies. Just a thought

Comment

Working...
                                X