No announcement yet.

Gay to debut for Raptors on Sunday [Post #727]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering when the "Everything Gay" thread is going to open?

Comment

• i still cannot get over his ridiculous salary just for him to hit buzzer beaters

how about getting the rest of the team to actually improve and not blow big-pt leads?

Comment

• Doh! Didn't notice somebody already beat me to the "everything gay" idea.....was too lazy to read the whole thread

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          I think this move was made because of Bells/Rogers.

From what I heard, a big reason why they fired Burke from the Leafs is that he wasn't willing to give up some of his assets for Luongo who I believe was a perennial all-star (I don't watch hockey like I used to growing up).

The Blue Jays made a huge splash netting them multiple perennial all-stars with their trade.

I think Gay is in line with what those other teams did. Grab a big named player (or players) to help market the team around. That is why I don't think Gay is the last move. I wouldn't be surprised if Gasol was traded for as well for example.

Not sure if it's the right strategy or if I'm off base.. but I like owners who think like a big market team and not a small market team.
          +1
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I liked this quote from Lowry about Rudy Gay:

"He’s excited, he’s looking forward to the opportunity," Lowry said. "He definitely knows the situation, he knows how people are going to be looking at him to becoming that player and I think he’s going to prove it. He’s going to be able to be the All-Star that he should always be."

Comment

• coastal wrote: View Post
              Just wondering when the "Everything Gay" thread is going to open?
              should have ended this with come instead of open

Comment

• LOL remember this guys? o man watch them be the best of friends soon.

Comment

• Rudy is gonna love Acy and his badass attitude

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                    Rudy is gonna love Acy and his badass attitude
                    Acy is going to turn into a KG/Tony Allen type you love playing with him great team mate high energy guy but hate playing against. Man that game in Memphis I was like wow Acy calm down Beast you gonna fight Rudy Gay?? LOL It will probably be awkward for like a second until they get some practise in together haha.

Comment

• Rudy Gay's flight was delayed so he will not be having his interview until 12:30 as opposed to the original 11:30 Gays wishes were to quickly get this done with physicals today meet the team and dress for tonight his debut is now more than ever likely to be against the Heat Sunday.

Comment

• Did anyone else see that stupid video on Raptors.com where they talk about his middle name? Seriously, what were these parents thinking....Rudy Carlton Gay....

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Did anyone else see that stupid video on Raptors.com where they talk about his middle name? Seriously, what were these parents thinking....Rudy Carlton Gay....
                          lol... i noticed that too.. but on basketball reference.. and more and more, i keep thinking he looks sorta like Carlton

yes, im aware he doesnt actually... but my brain keeps making slight connections to Carlton

Comment

• We Finally Did it !!!

If you would have told me we could aquire Rudy Gay for Jose Calderon and Ed Davis at the start of the season i would have told you to go f**k your self and quit doing drugs man. But here we are middle of the season and we finally have our man ! and we haven't unloaded our franchise player yet !

A lot of people are hating on this trade and cursing BC but you have to look at the record, with Jose and Ed the Raps are 16-30 !! They have been losing games by 5 pts or less and getting screwed by the league over and over now, it was time for a shake up and why not do it with adressing a need that we have had since VC left. An elite wing, he rebounds, creates his own and as we have seen can be very clutch.

We lost a very good young talent in Ed Davis but was he gonna be the next Jermaine Oneal ? no or else we would have seen that by now and he would be our guy to build around. Ed is gonna be a solid big (12/8)for years to come but we have Amir who is playing the best ball of his life and JV our stud C who will fill that role and could very well turn into Tyson Chandler type with an offence upside.

Yes we lost Jose Calderon the only player ever to want to be here, a lifelong Raptor, old reliable, a leader, put all that aside he had only two full seasons, defensive defficiencies and 31 yrs old. He was having a good year, but we have to realize this was a contract year and was playing for his last one.

Im excited to see what happens and im glad BC is going for it because its been too long since we have had an explosive and impact player like Gay and teamed up with DD who is emerging as a very good player himself it will be interesting to see. And since Casey likes to play small ball sometimes here is a line up to look for Lowry,Ross,DD,Gay and Amir ! Anyways im ranting now but i thought this would be the place to do it since Im a fan of this team.

Comment

• ^^^^

I agree. How soon we forget. This was a transforming trade. We needed to end the glut in the front court, especially with JV coming back. Raptors fans have long lamented that they have not used their "financial flexibility" to get a top player - now they have. Hoping to sign a free agent is a high risk strategy, especially for the Raptors. A couple of years ago, most would have traded Bosh for Gay straight up and been giddy about it.

I like this - swing for the fences. "Building around" Calderon and Davis and the rest of the current roster was destined for mediocrity. Give it a chance. It could be fun, and might even transform the franchise. If not, at least BC went down swinging.

Comment

• I look at this thread now and see all the love for Rudy gay ahahahahah some people even said trade DD and Calderon for him hahaha

Man one year can really make a difference
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X