Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I just read the tweet myself. Wolstat could've been attempting humour:

In other words, don't believe anything Wolstat says, lol.
    lol this is true, didn't look at it like that.. but the number of tweets after that make me think he may actually believe it is likely to happen

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Is it bad that I want to see this happen just so I can hear the rationale for it?

"Well, Doug, whenever you have the chance to get a guy who is making $16.5, $18 and $19 million dollars over the next three years who shoots 40% from the field, is a mediocre small forward, who has never made an all-star game, and whose current championship calibre team is prepared to trade him, you have to take it. We really needed another volume shooter who plays in isolation. It's the missing piece that gets us over the hump. You know, teams are already calling us up congratulating us on this deal."

I can't wait for this press conference....
      Or, maybe not do the trade, and Colangelo does his end of season press conference....

Well, Eric, i would like to commend Jose Calderon for playing the best basketball of his 8 year career with the Raptors, and Ed Davis for showing significant improvement from the past season, and yet, we're here again, for the Nth time doing a presscon while the playoffs are about to start. Since we are pinning our hopes again on Calderon, Lowry, who is our best player talent wise, has not agreed to a contract extension like what Bosh did when he was here. So no playoffs, possibly no Lowry and we are back to being a lottery team again. Oh but hey, we have $10 mil additional cap space to work with! Lets see who we can get out there to play for Toronto! Like every year, we keep looking and looking for the big FA to sign but for some reason, they never come. So lets pin our hopes on a very thin draft this year and hopefully we get our franchise player since we've been hoping for the exact same thing for the past N number of years, who knows, i already lost count!

I cant wait for that press conference.....

Comment

• Is it me, or has Colangelo's pressers been dripping with sarcasm lately?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          Is it bad that I want to see this happen just so I can hear the rationale for it?

"Well, Doug, whenever you have the chance to get a guy who is making $16.5, $18 and $19 million dollars over the next three years who shoots 40% from the field, is a mediocre small forward, who has never made an all-star game, and whose current championship calibre team is prepared to trade him, you have to take it. We really needed another volume shooter who plays in isolation. It's the missing piece that gets us over the hump. You know, teams are already calling us up congratulating us on this deal."

I can't wait for this press conference....
          TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
          Or, maybe not do the trade, and Colangelo does his end of season press conference....

Well, Eric, i would like to commend Jose Calderon for playing the best basketball of his 8 year career with the Raptors, and Ed Davis for showing significant improvement from the past season, and yet, we're here again, for the Nth time doing a presscon while the playoffs are about to start. Since we are pinning our hopes again on Calderon, Lowry, who is our best player talent wise, has not agreed to a contract extension like what Bosh did when he was here. So no playoffs, possibly no Lowry and we are back to being a lottery team again. Oh but hey, we have $10 mil additional cap space to work with! Lets see who we can get out there to play for Toronto! Like every year, we keep looking and looking for the big FA to sign but for some reason, they never come. So lets pin our hopes on a very thin draft this year and hopefully we get our franchise player since we've been hoping for the exact same thing for the past N number of years, who knows, i already lost count!

I cant wait for that press conference.....

lol this feels like a rap battle

Comment

• The only press conference I want to see is with Bryan being asked to resign his position as GM and President of the Raptors.

They can create a reality show around it.. have cameras following both Bryan and MLSE around. Would be highly entertaining.

Comment

• Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

In engagement of 3rd teams for possible Rudy Gay-to-Toronto deal, Raptors struggling to find landing spot for Jose Calderon, sources tell Y!
              This is how much value Calderon has.

Comment

• Rudy Gay recently posted this on Twitter

"Gotta be kidding me Im DUE"
                In reference to not being in the Allstar game yet again, If he comes to Raptorland he should be a candidate here in the East, in Toronto he will obviously start and take the team as his own right away so it could be his shot come 2014.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  The only press conference I want to see is with Bryan being asked to resign his position as GM and President of the Raptors.

They can create a reality show around it.. have cameras following both Bryan and MLSE around. Would be highly entertaining.
                  hahaha winner!!!

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Is it me, or has Colangelo's pressers been dripping with sarcasm lately?
                    Overflowing!!!

Comment

• Alright, so if a trade of Calderon and Davis for Gay and Arthur happens, where do we get a back up point guard from? Is the best option to expand the deal a bit, try to get Wroten from Memphis, or is a third team where we are going to get the backup pg from?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I'm a bit surprised that Memphis wouldn't want him considering he's an expiring. It's a quick way of freeing up a lot of cap space. He would also have an instant connection with M Gasol. Curious as to what Memphis would want from Toronto if they don't want Jose. I hope its Bargnani

Comment

But he has the highest assist:turnover ratio of all time!!!! [sarcasm]

Comment

I'm a bit surprised that Memphis wouldn't want him considering he's an expiring. It's a quick way of freeing up a lot of cap space. He would also have an instant connection with M Gasol. Curious as to what Memphis would want from Toronto if they don't want Jose. I hope its Bargnani
                            They don't want anything from toronto other than ED, TR, or JV. Of those only ED better be available.

Calderon is a good player but his contract is so large on the books that they are then really limited in addressing the hole at starting SF. Backup wings continue to be an issue as well as a lack of 3pt shooting.

This was always going to have to be a 3 or 4 team trade. Calderon and ED was never and will never cut it for Gay.

Comment

They don't want anything from toronto other than ED, TR, or JV. Of those only ED better be available.

Calderon is a good player but his contract is so large on the books that they are then really limited in addressing the hole at starting SF. Backup wings continue to be an issue as well as a lack of 3pt shooting.

This was always going to have to be a 3 or 4 team trade. Calderon and ED was never and will never cut it for Gay.
                              What about something like this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bk32ux9

Boston
                              - Calderon becomes 1-year rental starting PG
                              - Anderson replaces Green as backup SF and provides 3pt shooting
                              - Acy provides PF depth on a depleted roster
                              - huge financial savings beyond this year, to help them rebuild when they decide to move on from Pierce & Garnett

Memphis
                              - Davis & Sullinger provide good, young, cheap insurance behind Gasol & Randolph
                              - Arthur (or maybe even Randolph) becomes expendable to be used in a subsequent trade
                              - Green replaces Gay to compete with Pondexter for starting SF
                              - save approx. $4.5M this year

Toronto
                              - Gay becomes legit starting SF and #1 scorer
                              - still have Bargnani/Amir at PF, Gay/DeRozan/Ross/Fields on the wings and Lowry/Lucas at PG
                              - could even trade 1 or 2 2nd round picks to Boston and/or Memphis, if need be, to further sweeten the pot

Comment

Memphis wants to contend this season and they already have a solid PG. They need someone who could replace outgoing Gay, so this is a option:
                                http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bdh6jkl (picks could be included)

And this is more realistic trade scenario:
                                http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bj7poqr (picks could be included)

EDIT:
                                In scenario #1 Davis could land to Boston and Arthur may go nowhere
                                Last edited by japetas; Tue Jan 29, 2013, 04:00 PM.
                                (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

Working...
                                X