Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it.

Gary Payton has always been known to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder ;P
    You need to address me as "The Glove" next time. hahahaha

Comment

• TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
      You need to address me as "The Glove" next time. hahahaha
      My apologies, Mr. The Glove.

Comment

• BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
        I'm sorry, I do not really have the time to read everything, but I took some time to think this through on my own, so I just posted all that I had on my mind. If it serves as a summary of everything that already has been told, then great! Feels still useful
        I didnt mean any disrespect BadDino.

Very useful post indeed.

Comment

I didnt mean any disrespect BadDino.

Very useful post indeed.
          No offense taken, don't worry

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bjfceu6 Outlaw could be changed by Brooks, Fredette or anyone from Sacramento except I.Thomas and Honeycutt to match the salaries
            (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              The crazy-ass trade that involves Gay and Toronto that I would consider doing. Assumption 1: Boston is blowing it up and therefore more willing to take Jose than Lowry, and also will look to trade Pierce if they have to deal someone. Assumption #2: Memphis doesn't want any big name player/contract back.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a2hjvq2

Why I would want it for Toronto? Instead of getting a guy who failed to live up to his potential, we get 2 guys who are clearly declining, but both champions who have been legit #1 options on playoff teams, and though maybe not cut out to carry that load, know what it takes and will easily give us a shot at the playoffs for a couple of years. We wouldn't give up any of our young key pieces, and would still get to see if Lowry can fit. All the big money comes off the books in 2014, so our long term flexibility is not compromised at all since we likely wouldn't be big players in free agency this year (trades are the most likely avenue for change I think).
              What about the other teams?
              LA gets younger, more athletic, and 2 guys who should both fit in well with D'Antoni. If Bargs can't thrive as the 4th or 5th option on a team like that, with Dwight Howard anchoring the D, well then he won't fit in anywhere. Money's probably the concern from LA's point of view, but I think they can manage to make trades if they need change. THey always seem to somehow.
              Memphis gets exactly what they want.....depth, outside shooting, and a reduction of their long-term salary commitments. They'd still have to commit some to Johnson and Lee, but I think both those guys can keep them competitive with their current core, and AA and Jamison would give them depth and shooting. Lee has length in his deal, but could provide good value as it's not too costly.
              Boston also gets what they want...again, assuming they give up on this season. Jose relieves some hefty money in the offseason. Gray and Hill give them a huge big, which they need, and an athletic big, which they also need. Fields is the tough pill to swallow, but the consolation is if they will suck with Rondo out(and he's out into next season), and they have no plan for PG next year, Fields won't hinder any tanking plans. I'm sure there might be other ways to make it work for them, but I think some cap relief and depth up front to ease KG's load might be priorities. The flip side of taking back Fields is they unload Lee (cheaper but longer), who may be unhappy playing with Rondo, apparently.

It may seem crazy or unrealistic, but in this deal we would give up none of our young pieces. Not Ed, or JV, or Ross. And we'd still get to see what Lowry has to offer.

Oh, and I forgot to add that next year, Pierce and Gasol could both easily be hugely attractive trade pieces again, with their championship experience and expiring contracts.
              I actually like this trade as well. I think it would be awesome to add these two vets who are still very capable of leading and putting the team on their shoulders.

I do have a couple of concerns. Lets say with these two guys the Raps do make a run, im not saying championship but a very high possibility past the first round. after the season, both go off the books. big cap space, but how would they be able to attract a big name FA when two big FAs just left the team? Im assuming both wont resign, actually im hoping both dont resign because Pierce is going to be 37 and Gasol 33. Unless JV, Ed, Ross, Lowry play spectacularly next season and show that they can handle the reigns, i still dont think a big name FA will be able to look at the remaining pieces and say, me and this group can be contenders.

If the Raptors do get Gay and Gasol, and the Raps make it past the 2nd round next season, there is a bigger possibility that Gay will resign and the Raptors can welcome this with open arms since gay is only 26 (i know not too young but at least younger than 37) and would have enough credibility in the league to pull other big name FAs in.

Comment

• The Toronto Raptors continue to pursue a trade with the Memphis Grizzlies for Rudy Gay.

The Raptors held the first overall pick in the 2006 NBA Draft and selected Andrea Bargnani, passing over Rudy Gay, amongst others.

"Bryan Colangelo has loved Gay since his college days," writes Chad Ford. "He was seriously torn between Gay and Bargnani on draft night. I think he feels like if he unites them, the Raptors instantly get better."

Via Chad Ford/ESPN

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                  Fuck. Oopss, sorry. I was hoping he'd say, I was actually really thinking of drafting Gay and now that i have the chance to get him, im setting the wrong right by getting him and then get rid of Bargnani.

Comment

The Toronto Raptors continue to pursue a trade with the Memphis Grizzlies for Rudy Gay.

The Raptors held the first overall pick in the 2006 NBA Draft and selected Andrea Bargnani, passing over Rudy Gay, amongst others.

"Bryan Colangelo has loved Gay since his college days," writes Chad Ford. "He was seriously torn between Gay and Bargnani on draft night. I think he feels like if he unites them, the Raptors instantly get better."

Via Chad Ford/ESPN
                    ... shoot me now.

Comment

• .... Seriously? just cant give up that golden boy can we? might as well trade Ross for Brandon Roy and have a happy ol 06 draft reunion.

Comment

Just realized Chad Ford said "I think he (BC) feels"

So its just Chad Ford's opinion, nothing that BC said.

WHEW!!!!

Nobody panic!!!! At least not just yet.

Comment

Fuck. Oopss, sorry. I was hoping he'd say, I was actually really thinking of drafting Gay and now that i have the chance to get him, im setting the wrong right by getting him and then get rid of Bargnani.
                          lol I was thinking the same thing.

If the trade goes down with Calderon/Davis and Bargnani is kept, that would leave a starting unit of Valanciunas/Amir, Bargnani, Gay, DeRozan and Lowry.

I get the idea of needing a couple good 3pt shooters, to be prepared to spot-up when Lowry/Gay/DeRozan use their dribble to penetrate, but I don't get why it has to be Bargnani that is relied on to do that. If anything, I think it speaks volumes to the fact that DeRozan & Gay don't have skills that mesh well together. That lineup would also leave all the rebounding to the C (JV/AJ).

I would much rather trade both Bargnani and DeRozan, in an attempt to land a legit starting PF. As for SG, I think a combination of Fields and Ross will be a good fit with Gay. I still think a DeRozan for Millsap trade could work and would be preferable (long-term) to a Bargnani for Gasol trade.

Looking long-term...
                          C: Valanciunas
                          PF: ???, Amir
                          SF: Gay
                          SG: Ross, Fields (Fields could start for defense, letting Ross be the 6th man)
                          PG: Lowry

Once that starting PF is acquired and a decent backup PG is added, that would be a pretty talented 8-man rotation (5 starters, backup big, backup wing, backup PG).
                          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jan 30, 2013, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Might be that my prediction of Bargnani retiring a Raptor as the all time leader in rebounds will yet become reality. He's currently in fifth place on that list and needs only something like 9-10 more seasons as a Raptor.

Comment

• This is what Chad said in his weekly chad about the Gay to Toronto talk

1. I think the "rumors" are more than rumors at this point. The two sides have been talking and have basically a rough framework for a deal dependent on them finding another team to take on Calderon. 2. The Raptors have been stuck in neutral for a while, they aren't landing a better play than Gay in free agency and while you're right Davis has been good, the Grizzlies aren't just giving Gay away for free. Grizzlies fans will argue that Memphis isn't getting enough. 3. Finally Bryan Colangelo has loved Gay since his college days. He was seriously torn between Gay and Bargnani on draft night. I think he feels like if he unites them, the Raptors instantly get better.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Bargnani coming back later this week or early next week. Look, he isn't that bad. I have nothing against him staying at Toronto, he's above average PF in the league, just needs to shot less forced shots, maybe he could play off the bench...
                                Just try to forget his salary and his crappy plays this year, he had some great moments too

(Sorry for poor English )

Comment

Working...
                                X