Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #start lowry

the matador aint bout that life.

Lets see what February 21st brings first.

Comment

I think a more appropriate thread might be #benchPietrus

Comment

Definetly must agree Matt52. Pietrus' play just plain old sucks when in the starting 5. Great guy, but this is basketball he's a great 3rd option player nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

As a fan, I don't want to be losing until february 21st. Also, calderon needs to be playing with ross and fields, who benefit from getting the ball at their spots.

lowry can create space for slashers like derozan. It's not a coincidence he plays better when lowry is out there.

Comment

mike, prague wrote: View Post
            Definetly must agree Matt52. Pietrus' play just plain old sucks when in the starting 5. Great guy, but this is basketball he's a great 3rd option player nothing more, nothing less.
            Sweet baby jeeezus.....

Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

I asked Casey about swapping Pietrus out as starter, he said he isn't considering it. Likes his defence

Comment

I don't think there should be a set starter for the pgs all season.
              It should be based on matchups.
              When we're playing scoring first pgs like Westbrook, Irving, rose, wall, Lowry should be starting because of his quickness on defense.
              But if we're going against play making pgs Calderon should get the start.

Comment

TdotTrizzy wrote: View Post
                I don't think there should be a set starter for the pgs all season.
                It should be based on matchups.
                When we're playing scoring first pgs like Westbrook, Irving, rose, wall, Lowry should be starting because of his quickness on defense.
                But if we're going against play making pgs Calderon should get the start.
                That just doesn't make sense at all if that's some sort of conclusion based on this game. Westbrook wasn't hurting us big time with his scoring in the first quarter; he went something like 2/5. His playmaking (Ibaka being the finisher) hurt us more.

Comment

If you guys want to trade Jose for value, its better that he starts for now.

Comment

As for Pietrus his D is good but he ain't no Metta World Peace. In rotation, yes, starting probably not.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                      That just doesn't make sense at all if that's some sort of conclusion based on this game. Westbrook wasn't hurting us big time with his scoring in the first quarter; he went something like 2/5. His playmaking (Ibaka being the finisher) hurt us more.
                      No I wasn't going off this game alone, or I wouldve said start Lowry every time we play OKC.
                      But if you noticed every single player I mentioned have the ability to beat Calderon off the dribble.
                      It's called drive and kick.
                      Hence the reason ibaka made those buckets in the paint.
                      If your pg can get beat and needs help defenders every play then you're going to get burned. Plain and simple.

Comment

No I wasn't going off this game alone, or I wouldve said start Lowry every time we play OKC.
                        But if you noticed every single player I mentioned have the ability to beat Calderon off the dribble.
                        It's called drive and kick.
                        If your pg can get beat and needs help defenders every play then you're going to get burned. Plain and simple.
                        I sort of agree with this. Calderon (not just tonight though), was man-handled on the penetration. Anyone notice we made our run when Lowry was out there?

Anyways, when Calderon gets beat, usually Amir, or Ed would have to help. Thus, leaving the help man's check open. You can blame all on the players in the help/recovery, or help-the-helper situations, but, the initial defense is where you can decide it's a stop, or a basket. Calderon, just can't guard these faster/stronger/aggressive players, and quite frankly, against a talented, athletic team like OKC, you're pretty much asking to get beat. This is a perimeter team we played, but they killed us in the paint... That definitely says something.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

But if you noticed every single player I mentioned have the ability to beat Calderon off the dribble. It's called drive and kick.
                          Every player you mention has the ability to beat Lowry off the dribble to. Not to mention every single other PG in the league.

A guy who averages 22-9 on 18 shots ended up with 23-7 on 17 shots. Wouldn't have mattered if Lowry or Jose or John Lucas started last night.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Sweet baby jeeezus.....

Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

I asked Casey about swapping Pietrus out as starter, he said he isn't considering it. Likes his defence
                            IMO, Anderson has been a noticeably better defender than Pietrus. Fields too.

Comment

What I don't understand is that when Jose is playing well, there's a giant movement of fans who talk about how he should start and he 's so great and look at his Assist to TO ratio!

then when we get a reality check and these people are no where to be found.

I continue to try to understand what the discussion is even about here. Jose as a player is Fine, but he's not great and he's also terrible defensively. Of course lowry has to start.

Peitrus is also bad, he shouldn't play either. Sometimes I think we're either missing something, or we are the ones who actually deserve the paycheck for coaching this team.

Comment

Working...
                              X