No announcement yet.

#start lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Pietrus was signed, Anderson was hurt, Fields was hurt, Ross had zero confidence, Kleiza was far too inconsistent, and McGuire was crap. Bringing in Pietrus (on a nothing contract) made a lot of sense at the time.

But things have changed. Anderon, Fields and Ross are all playing much better basketball now. Yet Casey inexplicably sticks to his rotation from a month ago.

Comment

The wing rotation is meh so I don't really care that Pietrus starts - I just don't like his minute distribution. 16 mins is just way too much for my liking. He should be getting maybe 5 mins in the 1st and 5 mins in the 3rd, unless he goes off on offense.

Comment

I don't get why Pietrus starting is such a big deal. The Raptors need better players coming off of the bench, and Pietrus is a solid defender with an outside shot. His minutes are probably going to continue to go down with Fields improving (which I like), but Pietrus isn't going to lose us games

Comment

Pietrus has had one good game, and a lot of bad ones. I am hopping its just the cobwebs.

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
            I don't get why Pietrus starting is such a big deal. The Raptors need better players coming off of the bench, and Pietrus is a solid defender with an outside shot. His minutes are probably going to continue to go down with Fields improving (which I like), but Pietrus isn't going to lose us games
            Pietrus may not lose us games directly, but when there are better options available, you've to go use them. With 48 minutes available at SF, none should be going to Pietrus when we've got Anderson, Fields and Ross ready and healthy.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Pietrus may not lose us games directly, but when there are better options available, you've to go use them. With 48 minutes available at SF, none should be going to Pietrus when we've got Anderson, Fields and Ross ready and healthy.
              I think it has a lot to do with Fields not being able to knock down an open jumper yet. I hope he finds his shot soon so he can start playing major minutes again

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                I think it has a lot to do with Fields not being able to knock down an open jumper yet. I hope he finds his shot soon so he can start playing major minutes again
                Good point. But why not start Anderson then?

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                  I sort of agree with this. Calderon (not just tonight though), was man-handled on the penetration. Anyone notice we made our run when Lowry was out there?
                  Come on RaptorReuben, usually you pay better attention than this. We had a little run (6-0) near the end of the first quarter with Calderon in the game (and right after Ibaka and Durant went out of the game). In the second quarter, when Lowry was in the game we indeed had a run of 12-1, but after that OKC immediately had a run of 8-0, nihilizing our run. This was all with Lowry still in the game (and with Calderon out). When OKC had their run of 8-0, Casey brought back Calderon for Lowry, and the run stopped. I'm not saying that the run stopped because Calderon was brought back in the game btw, just stating the facts.

Comment

It seems to me that Casey isn't very opportunistic with his line-ups. We had some good games with Pietrus, and apparantely he thinks Pietrus does a reasonable job doing what's asked of him. He isn't changing his line-up because of some hot or bad shooting. I think he will do this if there are a couple of losses and/or if Pietrus doesn't perform his tasks to his satisfaction or if Anderson starts playing really well. But he's not going to do it because a player hits all his shots in one (or two) games which isn't going to last anyway when you look at this guy's averages. I'm pretty much ok with that, you don't want to have guys looking over their shoulders all the time (when their shot isn't falling); going with the hot hand should be left to the forumcoach (as research doesn't indicate that it even exists).

Sometimes this lack of opportunism borders on lack in ability to make in game chances, but he has a couple of years to get better at that before this will really matter (hoping that time will come).

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                      It seems to me that Casey isn't very opportunistic with his line-ups. We had some good games with Pietrus, and apparantely he thinks Pietrus does a reasonable job doing what's asked of him. He isn't changing his line-up because of some hot or bad shooting. I think he will do this if there are a couple of losses and/or if Pietrus doesn't perform his tasks to his satisfaction or if Anderson starts playing really well. But he's not going to do it because a player hits all his shots in one (or two) games which isn't going to last anyway when you look at this guy's averages. I'm pretty much ok with that, you don't want to have guys looking over their shoulders all the time (when their shot isn't falling); going with the hot hand should be left to the forumcoach (as research doesn't indicate that it even exists).

Sometimes this lack of opportunism borders on lack in ability to make in game chances, but he has a couple of years to get better at that before this will really matter (hoping that time will come).
                      I guess my underlying point was that we don't need a small forward rotation consisting of 4 players. Between Pietrus, Anderson, Ross and Fields, Pietrus seems to be the odd man out (or at least, he should be).

Comment

Gotta have a go-to scorer off the bench! and i wouldn't want that to be fields, pietrus or ross(who IMO will eventually be a fantastic 6th man)

Comment

Without a doubt Lowry should start again, he's made the point that he can play at a slower tempo run the breaks and take on some scoring slack. He should be back starting soon pretty sure Calderon will be moving come Feb.

Comment

I just want to point out that the consensus seems to be that there is really no discussion here...and we are instead talking about who should start at 3

which by the way is truly where the indecisiveness is today. Even if Lowry starts and plays 35 minutes a game and jose plays 20 it doesn't matter...it is pretty clear who is going to play at that position. At 3 though? we have a million guys and no consistency

Comment

This team needs to do the right thing and trade Jose.

Lowry needs to start but Jose did win the starting job (evne though he's been mediocore since LOwry came back).

Do Lowry and Jose the favour of avoiding a drama about the starting PG job. But you traded for Lowry to give him that job. Trading Jose is mutually beneficially for all.

Comment

Working...
                              X