Kris Joseph.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kris Joseph.

Was just waived by Boston he was on the draft watch for Toronto. I think he'd be a good cheap puck up to add depth at the 3/2 position his game is very much like Wilson Chandler.

He was averaging 19.5 ppg and 5 rebounds in D League 13 ppg in 23 minutes while in college.

Thoughts?

I'd take him, waive Pietrus.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
      I'd take him, waive Pietrus.
      +1. I like his game.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Pass, we'll have too many rookies. Unless we let him develop elsewere this season.

Comment

We need to stop favouring Canadian players
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

When are we going to stop taking other teams trash? I mean, every time someone gets cut or waived from another team, someone here ask why don't we take them. If they are not good enough to stay on that team, why should we take them? Don't get it!

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
              ...If they are not good enough to stay on that team, why should we take them? Don't get it!
              If the other team is better at every position than the Raptors, then there is a reasonable chance that the guy they are releasing is better than the 15th guy on the Raps. If you can upgrade for a few 100K then do it. We saw last year that, yes, circumstances sometimes come around where you have to play the 15th guy. Even if all he does is provide better competition in practice, that is reason enough.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                We need to stop favouring Canadian players
                +1000

Same deal with Tristan Thompson in 2011 Draft
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Pass on Kris Joseph. Waiving an end of roster player to make place for another "DNP - Inactive" type player is not useful.

I don't understand isaacthompson's TT comment as the Raptors had not shown much interest at all in TT before the draft. Tristan is averaging 12.9 ppg, 12.5 rpg in his last ten games (excluding tonight's game). 49 out of 96 from the field, and 31 for 44 from the free throw line, a remarkable improvement from last year.

Comment

Kris wasn't needed by Celts they have the position covered and cheap players have motors and things to prove look how Anderson turned out? Solid bench guy I think Kris would be solid and more useful than say Acy. Hope he ends up on the roster him being a native is just a trivial fact he can play.

Comment

It would definitely be nice to see the Montrealer in Toronto. I mean in Boston he was 6th or even 7th in the wing rotation after Pierce, Green, Lee, Terry, Barbosa and Bradley. We could give him a shot but we would have to waive someone... Or do a trade. The guy can play. He's already 24, he made his 4 years at Syracuse an he was, for the most part, their leader.

Comment

I hope he catches on somewhere, but I don't see it being a sensible move for the Raptors. He'd be lost in our wing-rotation right now. But if we get a couple injuries later in the season, sure, sign him to a 10-day contract if he's still available. If he's unsigned over the summer, sure, send him a summer league invite.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                          When are we going to stop taking other teams trash? I mean, every time someone gets cut or waived from another team, someone here ask why don't we take them. If they are not good enough to stay on that team, why should we take them? Don't get it!
                          This situation is a little different. Kris Joseph will probably have a career in the NBA, the Celtics waived him to make room for an upcoming deal. They would have kept him otherwise.

Comment

Pietrus and Anderson are pretty much on the decline pick this kid up.

Comment

Working...
                            X