Bargnani to Celtics deal in the works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

c_bcm wrote: View Post
    To all of you who have been bitching and complaining about getting rid of Bargs for a sack of rocks, your wish will come true if this goes through. Just make sure you see it for what it is.
    I would trade Bargnani for a luke warm bag of dog shit. I would then eat the contents of this bag. I would not do this in order to play out some sick scatological fantasy but rather it would be a direct result of my dedication to this team. Should this occur I expect high fives and several rounds of beer at the next draft party. Nobody will be allowed to mention the shitcident again.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      I would trade Bargnani for a luke warm bag of dog shit. I would then eat the contents of this bag. I would not do this in order to play out some sick scatological fantasy but rather it would be a direct result of my dedication to this team. Should this occur I expect high fives and several rounds of beer at the next draft party. Nobody will be allowed to mention the shitcident again.
      That's fine. Just don't complain about how crappy Jeff Green is when he gets here. Also, please make sure you take pictures of this shitpacolypse for all to enjoy.
      Welp, that sucked.

Comment

It wouldn't be the worst trade they could make, but I don't really like it. At the very least, I'd want another asset back: 2014 first-rounder with little or no protection, or Sullinger. Green just seems like someone who's numbers were inflated during his time with OKC. He's at least statistically better than anyone we have at SF, but I don't believe he's the guy that's going to take you to the next level, and they eat up a lot of flexibility in acquiring him, possibly preventing us from making a move for an actual good SF.

To me, the fact that the Celts waived Joseph is a good indication that they're not discussing a trade with the Raptors: it would be a no-brainer for Colangelo to say, "Hey, let me have your Canadian d-leaguer too. The shlubs up here love that sort of story."

Comment

Would you mind elaborating on this a little more? I'm curious as to how paying him $20M to leave and join another team is better than getting a possible starting SF in the deal.

Its trading a bad contract for an equally bad but longer contract. All while giving up the ability to free up that cap space.

Comment

We should not be in a rush to trade Andrea, we have nothing to gain by it.... the only ones in a rush to get him off our hands are others who are smelling an opportunity.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
              That's fine. Just don't complain about how crappy Jeff Green is when he gets here. Also, please make sure you take pictures of this shitpacolypse for all to enjoy.
              Seriously? Maybe you should listen to yourself. Jeff Green is probably better than any other scrubs we're gonna get outside of maybe Granger. We play better without Bargnani already so why not get someone that is even remotely decent in return? Green is already an improvement on Green on defense compared to Bargs. If he can get 13PPG, 4-5RPG, and 1-2 APG, I would already consider this a win trade. If he can get more that would be even better...

Comment

I don't even think the Celtics would trade Jeff Green for Andrea. Sorry guys.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                  Its trading a bad contract for an equally bad but longer contract. All while giving up the ability to free up that cap space.
                  +1

... and on the earlier post too.

Comment

Come on guys you know Jeff Green came off a surgery and hasn't played for a year he's rusty the only thing I worry about is how it affects rotation.

Comment

Yikes.. I want Bargnani off this team but for Jeff Green? Ugh, no thank-you. I'd rather just amnesty Bargnani and then look for a SF in free agency. Jeff Green will be a very hard salary to move. He has 4 years left after this one and has a loooong way to go before he even becomes as close to the player he was in OKC, and even then he was slightly average. I liked Jeff Green for his potential but he's now 26. Even though he lost a year, most athletes plateau at around 26, and Green has always relied on his athleticism.

I do hope he bounces back, but I wouldn't want to take that gamble that he will.

Comment

It might be a case of buying low with Green. OKC traded him because they needed interior toughness in the playoffs, and Perkins had a relatively high asking price at the time. Green was the unfortunate odd man out when compared to Durant, Westbrook, and Harden. But I don't think that's a knock on Green at all. He's versatile/multi-skilled, and could simply need a larger role to take his game to the next level.

If we are certain that Green's medical issues are no longer a concern, I would seriously consider this trade. The only reason I hesitate is the length of his contract.

The other thing to consider is that if we acquire Green, you better believe more moves are coming. Green would be our 6th small forward (with Anderson, Pietrus, Ross, Fields and Kleiza)....i.e. an incredible waste of resources.

Comment

Nilanka wrote:
                          It might be a case of buying low with Green. OKC traded him because they needed interior toughness in the playoffs, and Perkins had a relatively high asking price at the time. Green was the unfortunate odd man out when compared to Durant, Westbrook, and Harden. But I don't think that's a knock on Green at all. He's versatile/multi-skilled, and could simply need a larger role to take his game to the next level.

If we are certain that Green's medical issues are no longer a concern, I would seriously consider this trade. The only reason I hesitate is the length of his contract.

The other thing to consider is that if we acquire Green, you better believe more moves are coming. Green would be our 6th small forward (with Anderson, Pietrus, Ross, Fields and Kleiza)....i.e. an incredible waste of resources.
                          This pretty much sums up my feelings exactly. While the contract does make me think twice, I think he's got a much better chance of flourishing in our situation, than what he's trying to fit himself into in Boston.
                          Playing behind Paul Peirce and KG, while trying to have any sort of impact, is not an easy thing to do.

And though I'd rather see Thad Young deal, I wouldn't be against trying this out.

Comment

"One interesting possibility might be Toronto’s Andrea Bargnani"

That's all he said ... then speculated about what a package might be.

Why I think it's a crap suggestion?

It's rare that you see players traded within the division that were once dubbed 'franchise' pieces. Happened with Vince, but that was a pretty 'special' situation. Not a deciding factor for me personally, but GM's like to send talent far away.

Jeff Green is a mild improvement over a SF group of Anderson, Fields, et al - and paid too much, having never proven a return to OKC form after serous injury.

... I dunno, Alex Kennedy is a smart dude - but he's not saying it's source info, just an idea.
                            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

a player like Jeff Green is exactly what we need

young
                              athletic
                              can score
                              can play stretch 4
                              not too full of himself that he needs to be the man every night
                              can defend multiple positions

thats better than AB's redeeming qualities:

.......little help?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

+1 but easy to clean up. waive pietrus, bench klieza and wait for his option to amnesty him. ross plays the 2 and your left with 3

Comment

Working...
                                X