young
    athletic
    can score
    can play stretch 4
    not too full of himself that he needs to be the man every night
    can defend multiple positions

thats better than AB's redeeming qualities:

.......little help?
    Jeff Green is ONE YEAR YOUNGER than Bargnani.
    Bargnani can score; he's a player who can actually create his own shot.
    Bargnani IS a stretch 4.

I don't mind Bargnani getting traded but I hope what the Raptors get in return is something better than a longer, even worse contract.

Comment

Seems to me this story is missing a whole bunch of "yada-yada". To go from not being able to land DeMarcus Cousins, then to fail at getting Rudy Gay and then oh, let's try getting Bargnani? LOL!

"I tried to buy a Ferrari, but I didn't have enough credit rating. So then I went the Lambourghini dealership, but they wouldn't even speak to me. Yadda, yadda, yadda, I bought a Segway."
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

1. If Boston trades Green and doesn't get a SF back, they're essentially throwing in the towel on their championship window. Jeff Green was acquired specifically to guard LeBron James in the playoffs, and without him they'll be relying on Paul Pierce (who's shouldering more of the offensive load than ever) and Sasha Pavlovic. OR, if KG plays the 5 and Bargs the 4, then Bargs would have to guard LeBron a lot of the time. Sound like a good idea to you?

2. Jeff Green has never cracked 15 (average) PER in his 4 seasons.

3. Aside from his second year in OKC, he shoots about 30-33% from 3. He would not fit at all at the SF spot with DeRozan, Davis and Val on the floor, and is basically a more athletic Kleiza at the 4. And we've already got a Kleiza on a much cheaper contract.

I just don't see the point, from either side. I'd rather get an expiring deal and a non-lottery pick or a couple of second rounders.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
          Jeff Green is ONE YEAR YOUNGER than Bargnani.
          Bargnani can score; he's a player who can actually create his own shot.
          Bargnani IS a stretch 4.

I don't mind Bargnani getting traded but I hope what the Raptors get in return is something better than a longer, even worse contract.
          I was kind of being sarcastic i.e. they are the same type of player, but Bargs doesn't actually do the things he is supposed to be able to do. but I have to say that if by "creating his own shot" you mean an embarrassing dribbling display where he looks down the whole time like a 5 year old who just learned how and then pump fakes - his defender stays on the ground- then he crashes into him and whips the ball off the backboard..we will have to disagree on what we think that this means.

I think you make a great point about the contract, though. I was a huge fan of Jeff Green, but I think that he went through a bad time in his life when he was basically dropped because management thought he was the worst of OKC's young core and then the health problems. I think he will bounce back, but that might only happen later in his career when he matures some more

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
            1. If Boston trades Green and doesn't get a SF back, they're essentially throwing in the towel on their championship window. Jeff Green was acquired specifically to guard LeBron James in the playoffs, and without him they'll be relying on Paul Pierce (who's shouldering more of the offensive load than ever) and Sasha Pavlovic. OR, if KG plays the 5 and Bargs the 4, then Bargs would have to guard LeBron a lot of the time. Sound like a good idea to you?

2. Jeff Green has never cracked 15 (average) PER in his 4 seasons.

3. Aside from his second year in OKC, he shoots about 30-33% from 3. He would not fit at all at the SF spot with DeRozan, Davis and Val on the floor, and is basically a more athletic Kleiza at the 4. And we've already got a Kleiza on a much cheaper contract.

I just don't see the point, from either side
            . I'd rather get an expiring deal and a non-lottery pick or a couple of second rounders.
            If Bargs never plays again for our team...there is a point. Right now, he is a problem that we need to get rid of, IMHO we should be looking at anything seriously....even 2nd round picks

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
              I was kind of being sarcastic i.e. they are the same type of player, but Bargs doesn't actually do the things he is supposed to be able to do. but I have to say that if by "creating his own shot" you mean an embarrassing dribbling display where he looks down the whole time like a 5 year old who just learned how and then pump fakes - his defender stays on the ground- then he crashes into him and whips the ball off the backboard..we will have to disagree on what we think that this means.
              +1 LMAO that was brilliant.....description was bang on! Primo at his best I might say .....still laughing

Comment

Seems pretty evident that Green's numbers as a starter are much better than off the bench. I think it is also safe to say that he would be the starter in Toronto. Not to mention the Raptors love to start newly acquired players, I have never understood why we do that.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                  If Bargs never plays again for our team...there is a point. Right now, he is a problem that we need to get rid of, IMHO we should be looking at anything seriously....even 2nd round picks
                  Thing is, you can accomplish that by amnestying him if you're that desperate. I'd much rather the flexibility to choose a player in free agency this summer than take on Green's contract. I get that if you think you're buying low on Green then you might come out ahead in the long run, but that's yet another gamble for BC to be taking.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote:
                    Thing is, you can accomplish that by amnestying him if you're that desperate. I'd much rather the flexibility to choose a player in free agency this summer than take on Green's contract.
                    ... because the Raptors are often in a position where the player of their choosing will be dying to join the squad ...Lol And you don't think we'll need to give out a contract around $36M over 4-year to sign this mystery player (which just so happens to be Greens contract)?

Lark Benson wrote:
                    I get that if you think you're buying low on Green then you might come out ahead in the long run, but that's yet another gamble for BC to be taking.
                    Annd it wouldn't be a gamble to essentially pay the guy to leave while receiving no assets in return, and HOPE we can sign a Starting Small Forward?

Comment

Further more, Go here and have a look at the possible Small Forwards hitting Free Agency this year.

Out of ALL of them, Dorrell Wright is the only one that is a legit option in my opinion. All the others are either on Team Options which are sure to be picked up, or Player Options which are also sure to be picked up, or I'm just not interested.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        Further more, Go here and have a look at the possible Small Forwards hitting Free Agency this year.

Out of ALL of them, Dorrell Wright is the only one that is a legit option in my opinion. All the others are either on Team Options which are sure to be picked up, or Player Options which are also sure to be picked up, or I'm just not interested.
                        Here's the catch though: you aren't looking at the length of Green's deal, just next year. You'd just be replacing one millstone with another.

Furthermore, I didn't say I'd be looking to sign a free agent SF for the same money, now did I? Maybe BC would be, but I wouldn't. I'd much rather amnesty Bargs as a last resort, then plug roster holes with cheap vets until you can either let one of the current core develop into something worth building around, or make a trade with your assets for a legit franchise player (and if it were me, I'd tank for 2014, but I realize that's not gonna fly). Why add on a terrible contract that's just going to turn into Bargs 2.0: a guy that's overpaid because of the 'potential' that he fails to realize year after year? I really don't understand what people see in Jeff Green...

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                          Here's the catch though: you aren't looking at the length of Green's deal, just next year. You'd just be replacing one millstone with another.

Furthermore, I didn't say I'd be looking to sign a free agent SF for the same money, now did I? Maybe BC would be, but I wouldn't. I'd much rather amnesty Bargs as a last resort, then plug roster holes with cheap vets until you can either let one of the current core develop into something worth building around, or make a trade with your assets for a legit franchise player (and if it were me, I'd tank for 2014, but I realize that's not gonna fly). Why add on a terrible contract that's just going to turn into Bargs 2.0: a guy that's overpaid because of the 'potential' that he fails to realize year after year? I really don't understand what people see in Jeff Green...
                          I agree I think Lark is talking about how the NBA works here

But the point is that Jeff Green is someone else....I think everyone is overestimating what we can get for AB. don't forget that this is the second straight year he has been injured for a significant chunk of games. If you couple that with the fact that he is terrible at defense and rebounding (that's not important is it?), BC is probably on his knees begging teams to take him right now. That's the reality.

Jeff Green can at least contribute positively or some other team can at least conceive of the idea that he can contribute positively, whereas the perception with AB is that he is a waste of space

Comment

Fair point Lark, I guess jumped to a conclusion on that one.
                            For me its not "what I see in Jeff Green"; its purely based on the fact that I want to see an asset coming back in exchange for Bargs. And while Jeff Green may have a pretty hefty deal, there are MUCH worse out there, and Green has something to contribute to the team. In my opinion. As I said, I'd rather see someone like Thad Young, but whether or not that is realistic, I have no idea.

I also don't want to pay the guy to walk away. I'm very much against this.

Comment

As I said earlier. I'm not even sure Boston would trade Jeff Green for Andrea Bargnani. And to me his contract ain't that much worse.

I'd definitely do it though. Green is not crap like others seem to think. He can ball. And he can start. And at the 3 spot.

Green can't be traded until January 15th so that's when we can see what's going on.

They are talking blockbuster, so this must be involving some players.

Bargnani, Kleiza and Gray for Green and Bass. Celtics need help inside so that's why I added Gray. I don't know if this works with the salaries though.

Comment

Well, there goes Rudy...

http://www.thescore.com/home/article...zzlies-for-gay
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X