Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bell & Rogers fire Leafs GM - BryoCo next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell & Rogers fire Leafs GM - BryoCo next?

BryoCo's employers have fired their NHL GM. Personally, I didn't see that coming.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...-ago-today-cox

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Does that mean the BryoCo is next on the block? Or worse yet, will there be more pressure on him to make a really bad trade?

The trade deadline is just over a month away. Not sure if it would be wise to fire him now.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      The trade deadline is just over a month away. Not sure if it would be wise to fire him now.
      I'm actually a bit scared of Bryan. He could make a really bad trade before (or at) the deadline that could set this team back a few years. I would prefer they fire him sooner than later.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        I'm actually a bit scared of Bryan. He could make a really bad trade before (or at) the deadline that could set this team back a few years. I would prefer they fire him sooner than later.
        canadafubuki wrote: View Post
        BryoCo's employers have fired their NHL GM. Personally, I didn't see that coming.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...-ago-today-cox

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Does that mean the BryoCo is next on the block? Or worse yet, will there be more pressure on him to make a really bad trade?
        I don't worry about that.... maybe I should but I don't. Any trade he makes is going to have to be approved. Maybe I am being really naive but I would think the higher ups would be able to identify a bad trade (and this is not the same ownership of past Raptor bad trades).

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I don't worry about that.... maybe I should but I don't. Any trade he makes is going to have to be approved. Maybe I am being really naive but I would think the higher ups would be able to identify a bad trade (and this is not the same ownership of past Raptor bad trades).
          Don't trades need to be approved by the owners of the teams involved in a conference call with the league?

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
            Don't trades need to be approved by the owners of the teams involved in a conference call with the league?
            I'm not sure about that, to be honest. But trades of significant magnitude of dollars (like a Gay deal) would need to be approved, for sure.

Comment

A reporter just actually asked at the press conference "if Brian, why not Bryan?" (paraphrased)

Comment

BC is gone. I wish not because I think he is one of the better GM's out there, but listening to the Press Conference and being asked Directly about the Raptors and Brian Colangelo, you can read between the lines and body language that after TFC and now Leafs, Raptors are next. Colangelo contract is up and I'd imagine his contract will be played out

Comment

The MLSE guy mentioned that there was "good news" regarding the Raptors to be announced at 4 PM. Any speculation about that that might be?

Big trade?
                  Bargnani returns to the line-up? (tee hee).
                  BC fired (doubt that he would announce that as "good news", unless he's a real badass corporate guy).

Comment

canadafubuki wrote: View Post

I'd be more inclined to think this means BC will be extended beyond this season.

The Burke firing will raise a lot of questions - even Sports Analysts are questioning why now. To me, I doubt MLSE rocks the boat more than it already has, by replacing Colangelo. They have enough on their plate for the next 6 - 10 months.

Comment

RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
                      I'd be more inclined to think this means BC will be extended beyond this season.

The Burke firing will raise a lot of questions - even Sports Analysts are questioning why now. To me, I doubt MLSE rocks the boat more than it already has, by replacing Colangelo. They have enough on their plate for the next 6 - 10 months.

I think what we may eventually see happen is Colangelo kept on as President and him hiring a new GM. This is not what I want to see, I rather his influence be completely irradicated from the organization. However, I do know that Tanenbaum has a fondness for him and If Bryan is cool with it I can see him keepin his role of President of Basketball Operations.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I'm not sure about that, to be honest. But trades of significant magnitude of dollars (like a Gay deal) would need to be approved, for sure.
                        word is a big reason Burke got fired was because he was being too "stingy" with the supposed Luongo deal, not wanting to include more prospects/players/picks. this terrifies me. what if memphis says you know what we want to deal with you but we want davis AND ross, and while Bryan doesn't necessarily want to make that trade his bosses want to win now so he goes for it, knowing he might get fired if he doesn't?

terrified.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

i could be reading entirely too much into this butttttt
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Now would be the worst time to remove BC, when we see a team something coming together, more patience has been exercised with the Raptors and the best move to to let the season play out while only seeing what you can get dangling Calderon and Bargs,

Then in the offseason determine if BC's contract should be extended, I see him being moved to a President role and new GM

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                              The MLSE guy mentioned that there was "good news" regarding the Raptors to be announced at 4 PM. Any speculation about that that might be?

Big trade?
                              Bargnani returns to the line-up? (tee hee).
                              BC fired (doubt that he would announce that as "good news", unless he's a real badass corporate guy).
                              no just that the CBA has been voted and ratified... news is expected

Comment

Working...
                              X