Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bell & Rogers fire Leafs GM - BryoCo next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imaginelino wrote: View Post
    Now would be the worst time to remove BC, when we see a team something coming together, more patience has been exercised with the Raptors and the best move to to let the season play out while only seeing what you can get dangling Calderon and Bargs,

Then in the offseason determine if BC's contract should be extended, I see him being moved to a President role and new GM
    I think there is too much evidence to the contrary that BC has something coming together due to his planning and diligence. Not trying to be a fanboy and not trying to be a hater. Trying to look at his body of work and be objective. The contracts he has handed out have crippled him on the court and in negotiations now and in the past.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
      A reporter just actually asked at the press conference "if Brian, why not Bryan?" (paraphrased)
      What was the response?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I think there is too much evidence to the contrary that BC has something coming together due to his planning and diligence. Not trying to be a fanboy and not trying to be a hater. Trying to look at his body of work and be objective. The contracts he has handed out have crippled him on the court and in negotiations now and in the past.
        There is more evidence that shows his moves as bad and as good as they were, he was able to get out of them and move players and keep maneuvering. Not every move is perfect not every decision is gonna be right but he has never painted himself in a corner and kept fielding a team that looks good on paper but still hasnt put in enough 'W's in. I think one fatal flaw was trusting that Andrea could be a cornerstone. He held on that notion a bit too long.

Comment

Ya Think??

I think one fatal flaw was trusting that Andrea could be a cornerstone. He held on that notion a bit too long.
          Ya Think?? That's probably my only big gripe with BC. He didn't need to sign AB to 5 year 50 million deal without seeing what the market was for him. He put Andrea in a situation where FAR TOO much was expected of Andrea. AB is a good 3rd or 4th option on a good team. He is definitley not the centrepiece or 2nd option as BC tried to force him to be. Anyone can see that this is simply not in AB's makeup. He's not hungry enough. He is far from being a leader.

BC would like to have us believe Andrea's a franchise player. One would think he would've learned from the Bosh situation (which I was pleading that we trade Bosh and get something for him). BC just appears to be a very stubborn person to me and i wouldnt mind if he were fired next week.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            word is a big reason Burke got fired was because he was being too "stingy" with the supposed Luongo deal, not wanting to include more prospects/players/picks. this terrifies me. what if memphis says you know what we want to deal with you but we want davis AND ross, and while Bryan doesn't necessarily want to make that trade his bosses want to win now so he goes for it, knowing he might get fired if he doesn't?

terrified.
            This isn't going to happen because Memphis is going to want to ask for the moon for Gay. What Vancouver is asking isn't as high for Luongo. It's just that Burke feels that the Canucks should just give him away (given his albatross contract). Ross was offered for Gay prior to the 2012 draft (# 8 pick that is) but they declined. Raps really have nothing to offer by way of picks. I've cooled off on Gay a bit.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              This isn't going to happen because Memphis is going to want to ask for the moon for Gay. What Vancouver is asking isn't as high for Luongo. It's just that Burke feels that the Canucks should just give him away (given his albatross contract). Ross was offered for Gay prior to the 2012 draft (# 8 pick that is) but they declined. Raps really have nothing to offer by way of picks. I've cooled off on Gay a bit.
              the thing i am worried about mlse is that they fired burke because he bulked at the idea of getting luongo which makes sense why they decided to fire him now. mlse only cares about making money then winning a championship so maybe his replacement was instructed to swing for the fences and get loungo so they could make the playoffs this year but with the talent they got and loss for getting that goalie, they wont get far.

Comment

There is more evidence that shows his moves as bad and as good as they were, he was able to get out of them and move players and keep maneuvering. Not every move is perfect not every decision is gonna be right but he has never painted himself in a corner and kept fielding a team that looks good on paper but still hasnt put in enough 'W's in. I think one fatal flaw was trusting that Andrea could be a cornerstone. He held on that notion a bit too long.
                Have you seen my avatar?

It is a little dated. That loss total when the avatar was done was actually wrong. The total was 305. Add on another 15 losses since.

I don't care what corners he has or has not painted. After 7 seasons he is up to 320 losses.

If he had a plan, he failed.
                If he didn't have a plan, well, that was my point.

Either way, change after this season please.... especially if they don't have a pick because suddenly the draft is not as important to prepare for (i.e. no Babcock/Arujo Part Deux).

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                  Ya Think?? That's probably my only big gripe with BC. He didn't need to sign AB to 5 year 50 million deal without seeing what the market was for him. He put Andrea in a situation where FAR TOO much was expected of Andrea. AB is a good 3rd or 4th option on a good team. He is definitley not the centrepiece or 2nd option as BC tried to force him to be. Anyone can see that this is simply not in AB's makeup. He's not hungry enough. He is far from being a leader.

BC would like to have us believe Andrea's a franchise player. One would think he would've learned from the Bosh situation (which I was pleading that we trade Bosh and get something for him). BC just appears to be a very stubborn person to me and i wouldnt mind if he were fired next week.
                  And he made the exact same mistake with DeRozan.

Kapono..... and now Fields?

Homerun swings with JO and then Turk and if he had his way Nash (by the way, full disclosure I advocated strongly for Nash but Andrea was to be Andrea of early last season and it was always about getting a young point guard to groom with Nash here).

Comment

I think BC is safe for 2 reasons:
                    1) Raptors are second fiddle
                    2) There are all sorts of reasons not hockey related (re: Luongo trade) that have been bandied about, including illicit relations with a young lady (which was the scuttlebutt a coworker read on a sports site), to the more plausible various execs at MLSE had been bristling at his style and personality for a while, and the Luongo refusal was the final straw. BC strikes me as far too diplomatic and professional to be kicked out, and would do well schmoozing with the suits at Bell/Rogers
                    "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
                    -Newsradio

Comment

Working...
                    X