Calderon/Fields end of clock play.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Philly was conceeding end of game....they should have just let shot clock expire.
    I do respect your opinion.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I think this is the big difference in perspective.

If they did not want to be scored on, my opinion is, they should not have quit/walked back the floor and played out the possession. These are grown men being paid millions to play a game.

Calderon throws the pass with no time on the shot clock/just waiting for game clock to end, I do have a problem with that.
      Well hey, if nothing else it's provided something to talk about.

This brought to my mind early on during the NFL season when the Tampa Bay coach decided to run a play even when NY had the game in hand and was kneeling on the last play to run the clock out. I don't think any fights broke out, but he NY coach wouldn't shake the Tampa coaches hand after the game and had some stern words for him.

Actually I wonder how people would feel if a fight did break out? Or if media were to start saying that the Raptors have a history of doing this (siteing the Indiana game).

Comment

with 50 seconds left they still ran a play to score on us and we had the game won they still ran a play the last play for the Raps it was 40 something left in regulation, 76ers ran back on D, still time for another possession which would end with the 76ers conceding defeat holding the ball I dont get what the big deal is... Calderon and Fields just made a play, they didnt give up on d until Landry was already running to the basket and Calderon was pitching that pass.

GROW UP PHILI! team is bitter with the current slide 5-16 now.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          with 50 seconds left they still ran a play to score on us and we had the game won they still ran a play the last play for the Raps it was 40 something left in regulation, 76ers ran back on D, still time for another possession which would end with the 76ers conceding defeat holding the ball I dont get what the big deal is... Calderon and Fields just made a play, they didnt give up on d until Landry was already running to the basket and Calderon was pitching that pass.

GROW UP PHILI! team is bitter with the current slide 5-16 now.
          I've lost a lot of basketball games (and I don't get paid either) but I play every possession till the buzzer rings, I don't allow people to dunk on me. If Philly had any pride whatsoever they would have played it out.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I think coach Casey made the right call. Philadelphia fans, should take solace in that.

Now as for fields, like I said in another thread, he wasn't cloaked. He didn't fake interest, wait till they turned around and scored, he just huslted down the court because thegame clock and shot clock were not identical, and I don't think any team should be expected to make a shot clock violation for their opponent.

The fact that Casey wanted a shot clock violation, shows you the mans class, but... honestly its too much to give.

Maybe a more difficult shot should have been hap hazardly attempted, but in this case Fields was going for a double double, and he was within his right to make the most of his time. if they wanted to defend him they could of.

I know this will be locker room fodder, but all I have to say to Philly, bring it next time. We wanted you to bring it this game and you guys folded like a cheap suit.

Comment

Fields was just on Fan590 saying that he was still in "game mode" and wasn't really thinking.

He also said he wasn't aware of Calderon going to the Philly locker room to apologize.

Tim & Sid then proceeded to rip the Playstation Vita commericial....lol.

Comment

Hohum,,, the Raps commitment is to the fans paying their huge salaries, not the Sixers pride. If it was in Philly, different story, but in TDot, at the end of a not so entertaining game (entertainment is "the game"), they gave the fans something to cheer about on their way out of the arena. This "etiquette" thing is bs, imho. This isn't amateur bball. These dudes, both teams, are paid an awful lot of money, funded by the fans in the seats, and should be playing out every second until the buzzer.

Comment

They are being paid to win, these are professional sports at the same time, etiquette matters. (My opinion)

It's good that Raps tought them a lesson to play till the end, though.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

OTFP wrote: View Post
                    Fuck you 6er crybabies

Pay attention to the game clock. You had to defend one more play.

All this don't rub salt in our woulds crap is little boy bullshit.
                    While this is a pretty indelicate way of putting it, I have to agree. I for one have never bitched about anybody "showing off" against the Raptors while the shot clock is still running.
                    Absolutely, it's in poor taste to shoot on the losing team on the winner's final possession. This was not the case here, however. Would people have cared if the Raps took a harmless jumper? Possibly, but I have my doubts. Most teams play at least half-assed defense when they are in the position the 76ers were in. That they all turned their backs and trudged slowly downcourt when they should have been defending is not the Raptors' fault.

If anything, the play showed good instincts on the the part of Fields and Calderon; I hope they'd react that way in "close" game if the opportunity ever presented itself.
                    Last edited by noxleno; Thu Jan 10, 2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

They can fuck off. What did they expect them to do? Run the shot clock down and get a turnover?

Besides, how many times has THIS happened to us?

Comment

Anyone look at the Philly forums? I went through a bunch and not one comment or thread i could see (altleast on realgm for sure) was about this. It seems we care far more than they do.

One guy was pissed about amirs behind the back tho.

Comment

Working...
                        X