Calderon/Fields end of clock play.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    I'm on the fence on this one. I dont think anything more can embarrass a team when its pretty much given that they will lose the game. I dont think its written anywhere that you can grab somebody else's nads when going for a rebound or kick another player in the groin when taking a shot, but when caught, players get suspend. Up until the league starts handing out suspensions for "putting points on the board when the game is out of reach" then i say do alley-oops and 360 dunks even when your team is ahead by 30 with 10 seconds to go in the game.
    This is where the polarity exists. We're not talking about a violation. We're talking about etiquette. There's nothing illegal about belching out loud in a fine dining restaurant. It's just in poor taste, and annoys the hell out of your fellow patrons.

All I'm saying is that there's a reason Calderon and Fields went to the Philly locker room to apologize. They wouldn't have done so if they didn't feel they crossed a line. There's a difference between taking a 3 point heave to avoid a shot-clock violation, versus throwing a lob against no defenders.

I'm not saying I agree with the unwritten rule. I'm just saying that it exists. The NBA is a brotherhood. Philly will remember this play when we play them next.

Should Philly have thicker skin and suck it up? Absolutely. But that's not how the current NBA is played.

Comment

Wot TheGloveinRapsUniform said.

Comment

coastal wrote: View Post
        Shot clock was still running - what did Casey want them to do, dribble it out until they turn it over?
        I was asking the same thing. More time left in game than shot clock.

Comment

OTFP wrote: View Post
          Fuck you 6er crybabies

Pay attention to the game clock. You had to defend one more play.

All this don't rub salt in our woulds crap is little boy bullshit.
          Not so many years ago it was every Raptor crybaby whining about Gerald Green showboating at the end of a Celtic beating. The game was out of reach, Philly had conceded and the raps showed them up a bit. Not the end of the world but bad form. You can bet that'll make the pregame film session when we go down to Philly next week.
          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            who cares

like honestly

i saw jose and landry run to the philly changeroom to apologize, what more does philly want?
            Thank you. Found it strange to see them go to visitors room. It bought it was carmelo Anthony, garnet all over again. Lol

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
              Not so many years ago it was every Raptor crybaby whining about Gerald Green showboating at the end of a Celtic beating. The game was out of reach, Philly had conceded and the raps showed them up a bit. Not the end of the world but bad form. You can bet that'll make the pregame film session when we go down to Philly next week.
              Yeah, Collins is going to loop it on a monitor in the locker room and scream YOU SEE HOW THEY DISRESPECTED YOU? YOU SEE THAT? THEY MADE YOU LOOK LIKE LOSERS NOW GET YOUR REVENGE GENTLEMEN

This isn't high school, for fucks sake.

Comment

OTFP wrote: View Post
                Yeah, Collins is going to loop it on a monitor in the locker room and scream YOU SEE HOW THEY DISRESPECTED YOU? YOU SEE THAT? THEY MADE YOU LOOK LIKE LOSERS NOW GET YOUR REVENGE GENTLEMEN

This isn't high school, for fucks sake.
                These guys play 82 games a year. Finding ways to motivate players on a nightly basis is pretty damn hard in pro sports without sounding stale. It's pretty much guaranteed Collins uses this to light a fire under his team. I wouldn't even be surprised if the Raptors broadcast crew reminds us of it prior to tipoff on January 18th.

Comment

They had to take a shot or have a shot clock violation.

These are grown men paid millions to play a game.

Grow a set.

Had this been a shot at the buzzer or without the shot clock winding down, different story.

Comment

Yeah, I think it was a little mental lapse more than anything. I mean obviously they would've known the game is almost over, but maybe he only really noticed the shot clock, which was still on, and didn't realize how low the game clock was. I don't know if I've ever seen Jose do that, and I know I've seen him run out the clock when there is still a shot clock every time it was appropriate.

Comment

Also though, it wasn't that disrespectful. Philly really wasn't back on D at all. I know the game was over, but normally you'd at least see the team transition back to D normally to wait and see for the PG to dribble it out. It's not like the game was in the very last seconds. IF they had got back on D, Jose would have still taken a shot, but it probably just would've been a long 3 for the sake of trying to avoid the violation...which is usually what he might do if he doesn't just dribble it out straightup.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, I think it was a little mental lapse more than anything. I mean obviously they would've known the game is almost over, but maybe he only really noticed the shot clock, which was still on, and didn't realize how low the game clock was. I don't know if I've ever seen Jose do that, and I know I've seen him run out the clock when there is still a shot clock every time it was appropriate.
                        To me it almost looked like Jose just reacted, could have been a reflex to throw that pass. He does do it for a living.

Either way IDGAF. Play hard or go home. Same thing with all the pacers drama, Raptors were upset because collison hit that 3. And then Vice Versa with Barbosa. I didnt hear the buzzer.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          They had to take a shot or have a shot clock violation.

These are grown men paid millions to play a game.

Grow a set.

Had this been a shot at the buzzer or without the shot clock winding down, different story.
                          Just my opinion, but I disagree with this. If the shot clock runs out and you turn over the ball it doesn't hurt anything other than a simple stat. Scoring the ball on a team that has given up and wasn't even defending the rim is just rubbing it in. These dudes have pride and stomping on it wasn't necessary even if that wasn't the intent.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            Just my opinion, but I disagree with this. If the shot clock runs out and you turn over the ball it doesn't hurt anything other than a simple stat. Scoring the ball on a team that has given up and wasn't even defending the rim is just rubbing it in. These dudes have pride and stomping on it wasn't necessary even if that wasn't the intent.
                            I think this is the big difference in perspective.

If they did not want to be scored on, my opinion is, they should not have quit/walked back the floor and played out the possession. These are grown men being paid millions to play a game.

Calderon throws the pass with no time on the shot clock/just waiting for game clock to end, I do have a problem with that.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Yup, it comes down to the unwritten rule of basketball etiquette. You shouldn't go out of your way to embarrass your opponent when the outcome is already decided.
                              Let's hope it does not come back to bite us in the ass ....

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                I think this is the big difference in perspective.

If they did not want to be scored on, my opinion is, they should not have quit/walked back the floor and played out the possession. These are grown men being paid millions to play a game.

Calderon throws the pass with no time on the shot clock/just waiting for game clock to end, I do have a problem with that.
                                Philly was conceeding end of game....they should have just let shot clock expire.

Comment

Working...
                                X