A quick observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick observation

I find it really random that Landry Fields got the start last night and lead all players with team high 42 mins. The reason I find it interesting cause Casey said after last game that he wasn't going to take Pietrus out of the starting line. Than next game he has Fields starting and plays the most minutes? I think BC talked to Casey. Too me with all this Gay talk it doesn't work if they don't dump Fields on one these teams.

What do y'all think?
    @Chr1st1anL

It could have something to do with it, but that would contradict an earlier report that MLSE has advised Casey to distribute minutes in a way that he deems fit, and for BC not to interject.

It's easy to forget after the lousy start to his season, but Fields was signed by Toronto to be the starter for this team and chew up a lot of minutes at the SF spot. Maybe Casey decided that Fields was ready for a chance to start again last night, and when he played half decent, he kept him out there as much as he could to try and get some of his confidence back and gain a little traction.

Comment

I admit the timing is weird after his comments about Pietrus... But Casey's style seems to be to always give his players the vote of confidence in the media. Saying he was going to keep MP as a starter may have just been lip service.

Comment

He said Bargs isn't going to start when he comes back too
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I don't think the timing is that weird. Casey is not going to say something like "we do need to take Pietrus out of the starting lineup, he's not giving us anything". He has to be positive about his players to maintain good relationships, and it does him no good to say in public well before a game that he's making a lineup change if even just for the simple reason of why would you tip your hand to such a change, even a small one?

Comment

Anyone could see it was only a matter of time before Pietrus was taken out of the starting lineup, but I like that Casey is the type of coach who'll probably never say something like "if he doesn't play better we'll have to make a change" in the media.

Comment

I remember at some point in the first half, Pietrus chucked up a couple of questionable threes on back to back possessions, both of them missing. That may have had something to do with it.

Also, a bunch of Landry's minutes came at the four.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                He said Bargs isn't going to start when he comes back too
                NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That was a lie????????

AAAAAAAAAUGH!

Comment

Also, did anyone else feel like Fields' D is looking much better? He looks a lot more nimble out there now than he did earlier in the year or something. Moving his feet, being active with his hands, obviously crashing the boards when shots go up.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Also, did anyone else feel like Fields' D is looking much better? He looks a lot more nimble out there now than he did earlier in the year or something. Moving his feet, being active with his hands, obviously crashing the boards when shots go up.
                    Well think about it if your hand was involuntary clenching while playing a serious game would you have your head in the game? Fields talking to himself in the earlier games it was the injury scaring the life out of him "like what the hell is going on?" Guaranteed he had his head 95% on what was going on with his hand and the rest on the game. Healthy again he can pick up where he left off being healthy does that to a guy.

Comment

He's playing outstanding ball on both ends of the floor right now. But I think he still has a problem with his shot.

Comment

There always seems to be a conspiracy around here every week or so haha

Comment

J Ram wrote: View Post
                          He's playing outstanding ball on both ends of the floor right now. But I think he still has a problem with his shot.
                          Agreed, but it's because Mckechnie and staff are completely restructuring the shot. It's been mentioned the last couple games since Fields' return. Quite frankly, it looks better, it's the little things on why it's not going in. Ex: Shooting pocket, follow through, or even his body isn't set.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                          X