Kleiza the odd man out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kleiza the odd man out?

I don't know much how to elaborate my opinion, but am I the only one who think that Linas Kleiza is not fitting the team anymore?

I'm all in for trading Bargnani, but maybe it would be better for now to keep him, maybe as a backup. And I also would not be against trading Calderon, although he's playing really good for us right now, resulting in wins. But the point of this thread is not debating on Jose and Bargs, it is debating on Linas Kleiza.

Kleiza will be the beneficiary of the Raptors amnesty, I believe. This assumes he picks up his $4.6M option next year, which I also believe is a given.

Comment

Yah i would rather keep that amnesty for bargs depending on how this year goes. If he works out as 6th man or we trade him, if either those happen than sure amnesty kleiza next year. 4.6M is too much for a streaky shooter on the end of the bench, too bad i rly had a lot of hope in kleiza thought he could rly help out. Still im sure he will easily find another home in the NBA or overseas. That being said i wonder what Jonas's opinion is in all this, kleiza is after all his mentor and a national hero in Lithuania.

Comment

Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
        Yah i would rather keep that amnesty for bargs depending on how this year goes. If he works out as 6th man or we trade him, if either those happen than sure amnesty kleiza next year. 4.6M is too much for a streaky shooter on the end of the bench, too bad i rly had a lot of hope in kleiza thought he could rly help out. Still im sure he will easily find another home in the NBA or overseas. That being said i wonder what Jonas's opinion is in all this, kleiza is after all his mentor and a national hero in Lithuania.
        Bargnani will return assets. I think too many people - myself included - are over the top on the Bargnani.

I'm not sure where Kleiza is JV's mentor is coming from. If anyone is his mentor, I would guess it to be Sabonis.

Comment

Kleiza is the number one amnesty candidate on the raptors. His play is too inconsistent, he has health issues, and his contract is fairly substantial.
          "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post

As much as amnesty gives teams an opportunity to create cap space, keep in mind that teams are concerned about the amount payed to the amnestied player. In this case amnestying Bargnani would mean an expense of 20 mil. while amnestying Klieza(assuming he'll pick up his option) would mean 4.6 mil. I'm not saying that one of the two would be amnestied but I'm quite sure that the team is concerned about the cost.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Kleiza's been the odd man out since he got here. Did he ever really fit? He's ok in a small role, but never able to translate his skills into success, and not good enough on D at either forward spot. He always seems to succeed in the international game. I almost hope he's amnestied, and hope he goes to Europe where he'd start and be a really good player.

Bargs should really not be amnestied. He should be able to return something on the market.

Comment

Klieza is without a doubt the guy that shouldnt be here next season, injured like crazy has an attitude problem and extremely streaky, Anderson is our guy at the end of the bench if we let go of Pietrus and amnesty Klieza Raps have to pick up Kris Jospeh kid can ball.

Klieza is only good when he plays for his country for some reason, regardless though he will be on a team when we drop him.

Comment

How about trying to trade him for a center like Johan Petro or Cole Aldrich.

Valanciunas/Johnson/Gray/Petro
                  Davis/Bargnani/Acy
                  Fields/Anderson/Pietrus
                  DeRozan/Ross
                  Calderon/Lowry/Lucas

Then play with this team (and this rotation) until the deadline and see.

Comment

Although I didn't have an issue with the signing at the time, with hindsight I'd say that Kleiza's contract had the lowest value return out of Amir, Jose, and possibly even bargnani, based on injuries and performance. So I definitely agree that he's the odd man out and a possible amnesty candidate.

I could be wrong but I thought that if you amnesty a player and they get picked up by another team it reduces the amount you have to pay them. Am I right on this? If this is the case amnesty-ing bargnani wouldn't be quite as bad as it sounds since he will probably get picked up for around 6-8 mill a year.
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                      If this is the case amnesty-ing bargnani wouldn't be quite as bad as it sounds since he will probably get picked up for around 6-8 mill a year.
                      No one would pay him 6-8 mill a year, because Bargnani wouldn't have any intention to ask that price. He has guaranteed 20 M per 2 years and he doesn't care who pays him that money... He could sign a 2 year contract with any team he wants with as low as possible salary to increase his new team's chances to be more competitive by spending extra money on other players. So, I think amnestying Bargnani would be really bad decision unless Raptors really knows how exactly they gonna use that money to improve the team.
                      (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

I have a confession to make: I LOVED Kleiza - especially during the summer when he was signed. He was an assassin in Denver off the bench. As of last season however, I just got frustrated. His inability to pass and more importantly, his ball-hogism is unbearable. He needs to simply be traded away or let go at some point. The identity of this team will determine his and Barg's future. I don't care what people say about the schedule, the players seems to be gelling at this point. It's not Casey's job to find room for them in the lineup. It's Colangelo's job to give them a one-way ticket out of town.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                          Kleiza is the number one amnesty candidate on the raptors. His play is too inconsistent, he has health issues, and his contract is fairly substantial.
                          +1

He's a waste of dollars...

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Kleiza's been the odd man out since he got here. Did he ever really fit? He's ok in a small role, but never able to translate his skills into success, and not good enough on D at either forward spot. He always seems to succeed in the international game. I almost hope he's amnestied, and hope he goes to Europe where he'd start and be a really good player.
                            Agreed. Kleiza has never fit in here. This is a Colangelo blunder that doesn't receive as much vitriol as it deserves. A horrible miscalculation.

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                              I don't think there is a point to amnestying Kleiza unless there is a deal or free agent signing available for this team in the offseason. He'll almost definetely pick up his option, but his deal will be expiring. Which means it has some added value to a team trying to get under the cap or free up future space, and at worst is short term cap usage.

The only real amnesty options that i think make sense for this team are Bargnani and Amir, and Amir is one of the rarities on this team who is earning their pay. Which leaves one option.......

Comment

Working...
                              X