Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revisited: Blow it up..... Seriously?? (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of good tidbits from Chad Ford this week:

Jake (Salt Lake)

Which teams do you think will be trading away their lottery picks this summer? In other words, whose picks are available?
    Chad Ford
    (1:15 PM)

Lots of them. It's a weak draft for one. Lots of teams wouldn't mind moving their picks this year. Second, you have a number of struggling teams that don't want to go the "blow it up" route of re-building a team -- Phoenix, Dallas, Washington, Orlando -- which means they might be willing to move picks to get better right away. The question really is -- are their any buyers for picks in this year's draft. It's not a sellers market.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...ider-chad-ford
    Maybe a weak draft can benefit Toronto?

I've read in a lot of places that this draft is bad only in the sense of elite talent. A lot of scouts are excited about the quality of depth in the draft. Only a bad draft for high lottery teams.

Comment

• With the unsubstantiated rumour that the Raps are willing to trade Lowry from Ken Berger at CBSSports.com and the 'educated guess' from Ryan Wolstat that BOTH Lowry and Calderon could be traded, I say, DOOOOOO IT.

BLOW IT UP.

Take other teams shit for prospects and picks.

As many picks as you can get and as many assets (players on rookie contracts) that you can get.

Make the remainder of this season about playing JV and Ross.

And FFS, #No3rdYearOption

Comment

• Blow it up, I agree. They blew it up big time against the Cavs and the next 6 games are as follows: Golden State, Atlanta, Clippers, Miami, Boston and Indiana. Seriously does anyone see that we even win 2 of those games?!

Comment

• The Raps are a Trap Game for them so you never know lol

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            With the unsubstantiated rumour that the Raps are willing to trade Lowry from Ken Berger at CBSSports.com and the 'educated guess' from Ryan Wolstat that BOTH Lowry and Calderon could be traded, I say, DOOOOOO IT.

BLOW IT UP.

Take other teams shit for prospects and picks.

As many picks as you can get and as many assets (players on rookie contracts) that you can get.

Make the remainder of this season about playing JV and Ross.

And FFS, #No3rdYearOption
            I'm officially with you. Took my stubborn ass long enough, but I want a winning team. Let's rebuild the way cleveland did for fucks sakes

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Lots of good tidbits from Chad Ford this week:

Maybe a weak draft can benefit Toronto?

I've read in a lot of places that this draft is bad only in the sense of elite talent. A lot of scouts are excited about the quality of depth in the draft. Only a bad draft for high lottery teams.
              I agree. Look at the 2011 draft. No elite talent other than Irving, but hell, there were a good number of picks that are solid contributors to their respective teams now.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
              X