Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Better Iggy Trade

Try this one:

TOR gets: Iggy (12.2) loses Calderon (8.2) & DeRozan (2.3)

--- TOR does this to get Iggy

PHI gets: Vujacic (5.0), DeRozan (2.2), one of Farmar/Brown (1.9), Memphis 2nd rounder and cash, loses Iggy (12.2) and Brezec (0.8)

--- PHI does this to get $3.9 million in YR 1 Cap relief, $3 - 5 million in YR 2 Cap relief and Vujacic is an expiring contract in YR 2, $7-11 million thereafter. 2 good young players, a draft pick and cash

LAL gets: Calderon (8.2) and Brezec (.8) loses Vujacic (5.0), one of Farmar/Brown (1.9), Memphis 2nd rounder and cash

--- LAL does this to upgrade their PG play and dump Vujacics contract for next year

THAT is a pretty good trade for all three teams.

Philly would not do this..

If I'm Philly I'll take Jose and DeRozan. They desperately need a PG and if they get rid of Iggy, DeRozan could take over his role in a couple years.

I definitely would not want DeRozan and a bunch of horrible players/contracts and a second round pick that is gonna be somewhere around 50...

Are you a Lakers fan? LA unloads a bunch of bad contracts/players, a very low second round pick and cash and gets a starting calibre (for argument's sake) PG?

Why don't we just trade Marcus Banks' expiring contract and use our trade exceptions and get Iggy... (please note hardcore sarcasm).

Comment

If today you told me it is my decision if I would want to make this trade:

Jose Calderon and DD for Iggy straight up.

I would not make this trade. Our team has chemistry right now. Calderon is playing fantastic of the bench. I have great expectations from DD in two years time. And to be honest with you, I do not think Iggy is a good fit for our team. I know we need a slasher, and we desperately need an upgrade in the SG spot. But we do not need more scoring. Iggy averages 15 shots per game, and his shooting percentage is at 42.6%. If we needed more scoring, sure yea he would be a good fit but we just need better defense. If we do this trade, we lose the chemistry on our bench, and we lose any hope for the future, because if Bosh resigns, this is the team what you will see for the next 4-5 years.

I think if we were to do any trade (I personally want our team to stay put, and make a splash during the off-season), I would want guys like Shane Battier, who do not take many shots, but really influence the game when they are in the game.
      Take out the salami and cheese MAMA, this ball gameeeeee is OVERRRR!

Comment

Don't make any moves BC!!
        The chemistry is good. More scorers or stars do not automatically improve a team.
        Bargs is still a YOUNG big who has improved each year
        Derozan is a VERY YOUNG player who wants to go to the gym at night and work. How can these situations be bad?
        Even though individual defence may be an issue, team defence has been much better of late.
        Triano has been playing more offence/defence late in games which has worked.
        Coaching staff is excellent in timeout situations
        People are down on Hedu but he is a very good player who doesn't need to score to be happy.
        I love this style of ball where team touches dominate and you use your star touches to stop a drought or get a late game bucket.

Comment

Raptor Cowboy wrote: View Post
          If I'm Philly I'll take Jose and DeRozan. They desperately need a PG and if they get rid of Iggy, DeRozan could take over his role in a couple years.

I definitely would not want DeRozan and a bunch of horrible players/contracts and a second round pick that is gonna be somewhere around 50...

Are you a Lakers fan? LA unloads a bunch of bad contracts/players, a very low second round pick and cash and gets a starting calibre (for argument's sake) PG?

Why don't we just trade Marcus Banks' expiring contract and use our trade exceptions and get Iggy... (please note hardcore sarcasm).
          Philly has made it clear they want a significant reduction in their future salary obligations - Calderon doesn't get them that but Vujacic does (while I am sure they would prefer Morrison). At least with DeRozan they get a player - most of the other deals are pure Cap relief (which, granted, they may prefer).

LA is making noise that if they are going to take on a significant salary that they want to reduce salary as well (which means Vujacic instead of Morrison if Calderon is what they get back). Maybe that 2nd rounder becomes a 1st rounder but I don't know if Philly wants the auto-salary obligation that is a 1st rounder.

Toronto, as far as this trade is concerned, just wants Iggy.

Comment

This Iguodala trade is nonsense.

Hey let's find anybody in the league with a similar salary to Turk too and then still create a monstrous 3-way deal with players going everywhere. Trade trade trade.

The raptors ALREADY installed 9 new players this season. DeRozan still gets nods for his huge upside in his first year, they just drafted him. The first half of the season up until now was crammed. Right now they are on a 3 day break, with lots of time to practice as a team and even with Reggie Evans out there. There will be more opportunities for rest and system-building in the second half.
            Last edited by DoubleR_T; Sat Feb 6, 2010, 04:29 PM.

Comment

DoubleR_T wrote: View Post
              This Iguodala trade is nonsense.

Hey let's find anybody in the league with a similar salary to Turk too and then still create a monstrous 3-way deal with players going everywhere. Trade trade trade.
              Where is Turkoglu mentioned in this trade proposal, because I've read it several times and don't see it.

007 mentioned another trade that I like better than this one, and it does make sense. DeRozan, Johnson, Wright and Banks for Igoudala.

In fact, you don't even have to throw in Wright to make it work.

Without including Wright, the Sixers get immediate cap relief ($1.5 million), an expiring contract (Johnson's $3.9 million contract), and an expiring contract for next summer (Banks' $4.5 million), plus they get DeRozan. They save a ton of money and get a couple of nice prospects in DeRozan and Johnson. I'd even throw in a draft pick to get it done.

It means that the Raptors still keep their depth- losing Johnson is tough, but having Evans coming back helps-, including Calderon, which keeps the second unit strong.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I was suggesting yet another big trade, because they are so popular.

Comment

Let's get real, even with an Iggy,
                  it will be extremely lucky if this team gets past the 1st round in the playoffs.
                  As what others correctly pointed out,
                  the team has lots of offensive options as it is,
                  especially when Hedo rediscovers his game (and I am certain he will).

Our problem is defense.
                  Iggy doesn't make us better defensively.

Having said that, I am also in favor of not touching this team.
                  The chemistry of this unit is starting to show positively,
                  It is unwise to tinker with it again.
                  A playoff exposure would be great for this squad,
                  and hopefully we can get Battier in the off season.

Comment

shadow warrior wrote: View Post
                    Our problem is defense.
                    Iggy doesn't make us better defensively.
                    Um, care to explain why? Because in my head adding Iggy makes us inifnitely better defensively.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                      Um, care to explain why? Because in my head adding Iggy makes us inifnitely better defensively.
                      I doubt we can sign Iggy without a good defensive player in exchange.
                      Like a Wright/Amir + Calderon/DeRozan.

We lose a good defender plus a reliable PG/offensive player.

Comment

If Philly is going for a rebuild then getting a veteran defensive stopper isn't a priority. DeRozan is the type of guy who would be near the top of their lists.

That said, as Philly is now saying they will focus on making a 'basketball' trade, two new developments come to the fore:

1. As tempting as McGrady's expiring contract is it should now be considered a backburner deal.

2. Toronto's offerings look even better as Calderon IS more than just an expiring

this will be a very interesting trade deadline.

Comment

Didn't chris bosh say "all-star" sg but iggy is not an all-star or did he?
                          anyways...

How about
                          Hedo + reggies/banks + draft pick 13 (instead of derozen)

Would this be beneficial for both teams?

Comment

Working...
                          X