Pops Mensah Bonsu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pops Mensah Bonsu

I was watching some nostalgic former Raptors player's mixes by LONGER on youtube, and I came across one of formerly heralded Raptor, Pops Mensah Bonsu. I started thinking about the current situation at the 3 and it struck me that Pops played far better and harder than Fields and Pietrus. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think signing the fan favorite to another contract could help in the short term. What are your thoughts, Raptors Nation?

He was an under sized 4. If was that good he would still be in the league.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

but he's not an SF at all.

Comment

Wait is this supposed to be a crack at fields and pietrus not being able to make shots? Because putting Pops, who's a 4 and has no perimeter game whatsoever, at the 3 spot sounds like a joke.

Comment

Yikes....that is all.

Comment

While we're at it we should go try and figure out what Rasho is up. We need depth at the 5 while JV is down.

Comment

LOL Rasho. Those were the good old days.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

The idea of Pops at the 3-spot is downright laughable. However, given that Bargs, JV, and Gray are all currently injured I'd consider signing pops to a couple of 10 day contracts. He very much reminds me of a poor man's Amir (Same hustle, no 10-15 footer). That said, how does that work with roster spots? Would we have to waive someone in order to do it? I would consider sending Q&A down to the D-League for a week or two to try pops out, although I'm not sure that'd be allowed under nba rules.

I do think we are VERY thin at F/C right now and playing Fields/Pietrus/Anderson as a PFs is not an ideal situation. Although Fields can rebound so he's probably the best of the three to log minutes there.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

played harder yes....played better...no, clealy not....ok, maybe compared to what I affectionately call the corpses of Mikael Pietrus and Linas Kleiza...do those guys look done in this league or what?

Comment

Next!

Comment

Working...
                    X