Doubting Derozan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubting Derozan?

Is anyone else having doubts on the "progress" of Derozan.
    I really think he is going to be causing another Bragnani situation for us and needs to be out of here while he is at his peak right now for good returns.

agree? or make me a believer!!

Trade him when he's got some value. He's not a player to build a team around.

Comment

he has been inconsistent ad regressing since the kings game

Comment

ive never thought of him as a player to build around.. thought he could be a good contributer but wow was he horrible tonight.. i dont know if this is a hot-headed reaction after tonights game but i might consider getting value for him.. i know its early but it would be a much easier decision if ross showed some consistency

Comment

Ross is a shooter it happens and Demar has to start aggressive get on the board early or he's starts making bad plays and forcing his game like tonight. He's great when playing calm he shines playing alongside Lowry he draws attention.

Comment

DeRozan = ROLE PLAYER playing starters minutes

DeRozan's offensive game has improved a lot this year there's no question about that. But the more i see him play this year, it's the same old, same old DeRozan.

- Below average defender
            - horrible rebounder(for a guy his size, he should be getting more than 4rbs/game)
            - no playmaking skills
            - Limited range(if you're a SG in the NBA you gotta be able to shoot 3's consistently)
            - Low basketball IQ
            - One of the worst if not the worst finishing SG in the NBA. I mean, this literally. Whenever he drives he either gets stripped, lose the ball, or just flat out miss.
            - SOFT

DeRozan's been getting TONS of mins since his 2nd year. He's been a starter for this team since he was a rookie. Everyone knows he's great work ethic but at the end of the day i want to see RESULTS. This is his 4th year in the NBA and i gotta say, I'M NOT IMPRESSED.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

His play has been very frustrating of late. He is still under the microscope for me, but I never had unrealistic expectations of him. If he gets traded I wouldn't be upset. If he stays, I wouldn't be upset either. If people start believing he is going to be a superstar/closer then it will definitely turn into a Bargnani love/hate relationship extremely quick.

Comment

id be ok with with trading Demar for a decent return. i think Ross is our Future SG, ive never been a big fan of Demar, he has to improve soo much in his game for me to ever be a fan.. i doubt he ever becomes an all star

Comment

Bi-polar fans, after any game if a player has an off night you just call for his head after praising him the entire time. jeez. The league doesnt follow the textbooks anymore, The SG is supposed to be your best shooter on the floor and second best playmaker.

I strongly believe Demar should play the 3 as thats what he really is even getting to be that size, being further from the basket the less useful he is on the floor which is what a guard like Calderon sets up i.e shooting.

Lowry, Ross, Demar, Ed & JV I would love to see this line up come to life someday soon. Its not his fault the team is losing at the moment. he missed 2 plays he would normally finsih 9 out of 10 times tonight just tonight so what? he struggled tonight so what? it happens, he has been solid throughout the season for the most part relax a little.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    DeRozan's offensive game has improved a lot this year there's no question about that. But the more i see him play this year, it's the same old, same old DeRozan.

- Below average defender
                    - horrible rebounder(for a guy his size, he should be getting more than 4rbs/game)
                    - no playmaking skills
                    - Limited range(if you're a SG in the NBA you gotta be able to shoot 3's consistently)
                    - Low basketball IQ
                    - One of the worst if not the worst finishing SG in the NBA. I mean, this literally. Whenever he drives he either gets stripped, lose the ball, or just flat out miss.
                    - SOFT

DeRozan's been getting TONS of mins since his 2nd year. He's been a starter for this team since he was a rookie. Everyone knows he's great work ethic but at the end of the day i want to see RESULTS. This is his 4th year in the NBA and i gotta say, I'M NOT IMPRESSED.

I have to disagree with nearly everything you've said here.
                    1. True, however compared to last season he has improved his defense a lot. Plus he has one of the best work ethics in the NBA. He'll definitely improve on defense.
                    2.False, for a Sg 4rb/gm is way above average. This puts him at 11th in the league for sgs ahead of players like harden and wade.
                    3. False, again if this thread was made a year ago this would hold some weight. He's learned when to pass it up and set up his teammates and when he needs to drive leading to higher efficiency.
                    4. See Dwayne Wade, Kobe Bryant before 2 years ago
                    5. Where do you get this idea?
                    6. I don't have any facts to back this up except my laughter when I saw this. Also it's hard to finish when your constantly getting fouls/non-calls
                    7. Would you wanna drive and consistently get hammered and beat on in the paint if you weren't getting calls?

Demar is not a role player. He's 100% a starting calibre shooting guard who has his issues like any other player in the league to say he's a role player at best is an embarassment and disrespectful.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      He's great when playing calm he shines playing alongside Lowry he draws attention.
                      In the games that Lowry has started, DeRozan has been more efficient, shooting 45% from the field compared to 41% when Jose has started. He's shot it better from 3 also. Jose has looked good because he makes the bigs better, but it hasn't helped DeMar.

The Raptors have won 3 games this year against teams with above .500 records and two of them were non-playoff teams last year (Houston and Portland). We're nearly halfway through the year. The playoffs are still possible, but unlikely. I'd rather see Lowry back in the starting lineup so he can start to gain the trust of his teammates. This franchise needs to move forward and the last significant deal except for Lowry was Amir Johnson. I hope the trade deadline will bring some changes.

Comment

Anderson, Pietrus and Aaron Gray are roleplayers.

Comment

Can't edit my post but if you're only counting players that are primarily Sg, (no Batum, Ariza etc.) demar is top 5 in rebounding among them

Comment

DeMar will continue to improve next year. But tonight he needed to realise his slow start was probably due to his constant jump-shots that were quite ill-advised. Someone should tell him to drive to ease into the game, instead of coming out throwing bricks trying to get hot.
                            Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

I think this topic applies to a lot of our players doesn't it? Derozan could still maintain starter quality play.
                              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Working...
                              X