No announcement yet.

GT: Jan 16th, Chicago @ Toronto, 7pm EST, SNO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want an apology, I want people fired! Fuck you NBA.

(what happen to home team advantage? why are there no games in our favour if this is random?)

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Big reason this game became competitive is because of KYLE LOWRY. WHen the bench came in the 3rd quarter. DeRozan is a non factor tonight.

What game were you watching?
      How is a guy that shot 5/5 to start ending with 18 points 6 of 6 from the line a non factor??? Explain. It isn't Demar's fault Calderon stayed off him when he was shooting well. You can't be a factor on the scoreboard whoever you are if the ball doesn't come your way for stretches.. You DeRozan hate just doesn't make any sense.

Comment

• He did that in the 1st half. I am fairly sure 80% of his production is there. We needed players at the end.

EDIT: Yup 12 of his points came in the first half, 10 of them in the 1st quarter. He scored 8 points in 3 quarters and OT.
        Last edited by BasketballCrush; Wed Jan 16, 2013, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
          Thank you. I'm tired of all these damn excuses. "oh well if amir had hit that free throw we woulda won..!!"

The Raptors lost because the Bulls are a better team in every possible way, ESPECIALLY COACHING
          I'm a pretty diplomatic person.. I recognize that we made mistakes to lose this game.. I mentioned that when I highlighted Amirs missed foul shot, in crunch time it was needed.. I did say that there were other reasons we lost.. But in crunch time ur a lunatic if u don't see how we got fucked on 3 or 4 straight calls.. The refs are usually pretty deliberate during crunch time when it matters

Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
            He did that in the 1st half. I am fairly sure 80% of his production is there. We needed players at the end.

EDIT: Yup 12 of his points came in the first half, 10 of them in the 1st quarter. He scored 8 points in 3 quarters and OT.
            I get what ur saying but he didn't do anything to earn those points.. They were all midrange jumpers that he did not create and they could have fallen or missed... He did not put forth any effort to help us win this game

Comment

• One of the nicest things in life is seeing 2 teams going bucket for bucket in the final minutes. This is where you need to be fair, or else it goes out the window.

All I ask is for fairness, if you are going to whistle for ticky tacky things on one end, and not the other, than we have a problem. Anyone can watch that tape and see that we got screwed.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                I get what ur saying but he didn't do anything to earn those points.. They were all mid range jumpers that he did not create and they could have fallen or missed... He did not put forth any effort to help us win this game
                I am in total agreement with you, if you re-read it. I also agree with the above point, his jumpers took little investment.

Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                  I am in total agreement with you, if you re-read it. I also agree with the above point, his jumpers took little investment.
                  Oops, sorry I meant to quote raptors4life comment before yours

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                    How is a guy that shot 5/5 to start ending with 18 points 6 of 6 from the line a non factor??? Explain. It isn't Demar's fault Calderon stayed off him when he was shooting well. You can't be a factor on the scoreboard whoever you are if the ball doesn't come your way for stretches.. You DeRozan hate just doesn't make any sense.
                    Well, you answered your own question.

DD was 5/6 10pts in the 1st. 8pts the rest of the game.

40mins 18pts 3rbs 1ast
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      LOL what's the point of having DeRozan play late in the game in crunch time? the guy DISAPPEARS every single time. Defensively he's a JOKE. The guy averages 18ppg because he plays TONS of minutes for some reason. If AA or Ross plays as much as DeRozan does they probably would average 18ppg as well.
                      By that same logic, Terrence Ross and Alan Anderson are just as good scorers as Joe Johnson and OJ Mayo who also score around the same amount as Demar and play around the same minutes. Yes he has struggled of late and no he is certainly not the greatest defender in the world but to say he is terrible is exaggerating. His defensive rating (basketball-reference) is one point better than anderson's and one point worse than Ross'. So they are not astronomically better defenders. (BTW we're talking about a player slumping when he's still putting up 15.6 points a game during january, mind you not at a great percentage but he's still putting up his share).
                      Last edited by qb5PHILA@hotmail.com; Thu Jan 17, 2013, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• I would call his play awful if he took like 26 shots but he only took 13 and hit 6 thats almost 50% hes averaging 18ppg 42-45% shooting was touching 45+ percentage with Lowry starting. Thats pretty efficent. Its not his fault he doesn't get more touches with a Calderon run offense.

players like KD/LBJ/KB who you seem to be comparing Demar to those eite guys and on avg are taking 21+ sots a game.... again I dont get your hate.... and the last 8 were scored in the last quarter... so whats your point? he didnt score more because 1.Lowry was scoring stick with him. 2.Anderson was scoring the ball stick with him when he finally shot again he hadnt shot for for the past 10 or so minutes and by the fourth he did the right thing and went to the line for 2 straight posessions a game is 100 posessions dude.

Comment

I would call his play awful if he took like 26 shots but he only took 13 and hit 6 thats almost 50% hes averaging 18ppg 42-45% shooting was touching 45+ percentage with Lowry starting. Thats pretty efficent. Its not his fault he doesn't get more touches with a Calderon run offense.

players like KD/LBJ/KB who you seem to be comparing Demar to those eite guys and on avg are taking 21+ sots a game.... again I dont get your hate.... and the last 8 were scored in the last quarter... so whats your point? he didnt score more because 1.Lowry was scoring stick with him. 2.Anderson was scoring the ball stick with him when he finally shot again he hadnt shot for for the past 10 or so minutes and by the fourth he did the right thing and went to the line for 2 straight posessions a game is 100 posessions dude.
                          Ignorance... He got touches.. He didn't score because he didn't try to.. The points he got are a credit to the screener and the passer, he did what he was supposed to do and knocked down the shot... Woulda loved to see him earn his points like Anderson did this game but derozan was just not into it

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                            Ignorance... He got touches.. He didn't score because he didn't try to.. The points he got are a credit to the screener and the passer, he did what he was supposed to do and knocked down the shot... Woulda loved to see him earn his points like Anderson did this game but derozan was just not into it
                            This.

But my problem with him is not just his offensive game. DeRozan's overall game is just ridiculously bad. For a guy his size he should be getting more than 4 rebounds/game. Tonight he got 4 in 40mins. Last night he had 2 in 34 mins.

Defensively, he's horrible. The guy couldn't even guard Marco fucking Belinelli. The foul that he committed on Marco tonight was just a bonehead play. There's no reason to be up in a guy's grill 4 feet behind the 3 point line, with no foul to give.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fan reaction like this is why people don't stay in Toronto. How are you going to say he didn't try smdh come on seriously? That's just disrespectful.

Toronto farms are so dam bipolar.

Comment

I agree. Demar Derozan isn't a shot creator. If you run plays for him, the more effective he is, and the better the opportunities come. He's not Dwane Wade, or LeBron James. He's a low-post scorer, off pin-downs, pick-&-roll type guy. He just doesn't have that skill to cross someone up or bully their way to the basket.

BUT, Demar Derozan is soft.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X