No announcement yet.

GT: Jan 16th, Chicago @ Toronto, 7pm EST, SNO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I understand people are mad but, complaining isn't going to change the outcome of the game. Everybody should just let it go.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      It comes down to if you think it is fixed. Personally, maybe I am naive, I don't think it is fixed. There is too much at stake should a government inquiry ever come about.

I think humans make mistakes.... refs are stupid humans too.

But I also think blame needs to be assigned to the Raptor players and coaching staff. 2 missed FT's in last 1:15 of regulation, dumb time out when Boozer had his shoes off, and very poor team offense in OT.

There are too many instances where the Raptors could have taken the game on their own for me to solely lay blame on officiating.
      This is a stars league. The officiating in this league is based on benefit of the doubt. The game is far too fast for a human official to get everything right so they give certain players the benefit of the doubt based on their reputation. This was explained on a show on NBATV named "You make the call." with Ronnie Nunn. Former NBA official Ronnie Nunn explained that certain players are given the benefit of the doubt on calls that happen too fast to see. He did advocate however that some officials take this too far and should put their whistles away if they dont see a call rather than just defaulting to benefit of doubt.

What does this do for the average fan. It makes it look like the ref is biased because by definition they are. How many times have you heard that as a rookie you aren't going to get a call because you have to earn the referee's respect. Why is this? Why cant they just call the play, not the player? Well because the game is too fast to call legit and they fall back on benefit of the doubt. The players got too strong, too fast for officiating to keep up.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        I understand people are mad but, complaining isn't going to change the outcome of the game. Everybody should just let it go.
        Nothing wrong with some post game venting. Never...Not once have I ever posted anything on a message board and expected that to change anything.

It is a discussion. Are you going to pop into every trade thread or who should start/play more minutes thread and say "I understand people want this guy to start/be traded/play more minutes but, complaining/discussing it isn't going to change the outcome. Everyone should just let it go. I hope not or this board is going to be pretty barren after a while.

Comment

• We know the game is not going to get changed, but I have had it with ignoring it. At this point I want to see some dots on the other side of the line, too many of these blown calls against us in KEY moments of games. Like Andrea's clear foul that cost us a game and another trip to the line.

How the hell can the officials walk back to the change room and say job well done? How can they give the benefit of the doubt to one player but not to the next, when all the connected dots show that a benefit of doubt should be given?

I don't like two tiered officiating, and this league has a TWO TIER'ed system.

EDIT: Last time they gave the benefit of doubt to the Bobcats, so there goes there theory that it is about prestige, there is a lot of bias too.
          Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Jan 17, 2013, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up on the realities of the league guys.

In every part of my life I prefer to focus on what I can control versus what I cannot.

Comment

It comes down to if you think it is fixed. Personally, maybe I am naive, I don't think it is fixed. There is too much at stake should a government inquiry ever come about.

I think humans make mistakes.... refs are stupid humans too.

But I also think blame needs to be assigned to the Raptor players and coaching staff. 2 missed FT's in last 1:15 of regulation, dumb time out when Boozer had his shoes off, and very poor team offense in OT.

There are too many instances where the Raptors could have taken the game on their own for me to solely lay blame on officiating.
              Once again, in full agreement.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the realities of the league guys.

In every part of my life I prefer to focus on what I can control versus what I cannot.
                Says the guy running twitter campaigns to get players traded....OK.

Comment

• Pill wrote: View Post
                  Says the guy running twitter campaigns to get players traded....OK.
                  To get one player traded.

What can I control in that situation? Letting my displeasure be known. Considering the number of reports that Bargnani is as good as gone, it seems enough people are upset with the situation that something may come of it.

But you keep blaming the refs for the Raps inability to pull out close wins.

Comment

• Boom there it is:

NBA Official ‏@NBAOfficial

NBA Officials Mistake w/ 1.0 sec left in 4th qtr of the CHI-TOR game on Jan. 16. See video and explanation at http://nba.com/official
                    Officials Mistake in Raptors-Bulls game
                    Jan 18 2013 5:00PM

With one second remaining in the fourth quarter of the Chicago Bulls-Toronto Raptors game on January 16, officials called a foul on Chicago’s Joakim Noah as Toronto’s Amir Johnson gathered the ball while driving to the basket. The officials ruled the foul was on the floor but upon review at the league office, the video replay confirmed that the foul should have been called a shooting foul with Johnson receiving two free throws. Click video here.

http://www.nba.com/official/

Comment

• Only the second time this happened to ANY team in the league if you look through the official statements.

If we get to three all fans get a lollypop.

Comment

Working...
                      X