Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

De-SSAPPEAR DeRozan...DeMar where are you??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And DeRozan played well in the first quarter with Jose on the floor ...

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
      so a 1 game sample is enough to prove your point? fuck off!!

someone earlier described derozan as 1/2 scared 1/2 pissed off, and I have to agree, some of the worst body language I've seen from him all season. You've never been discouraged before?

I am not concluding anything, I am just saying we need to base your conclusion that derozan is just as bad playing with lowry, off more than 1/2 a game, where derozan's mental state was visibly affected, and against one of the best defensive teams in the league.
      At least he provided a sample, something more than the one claiming the contrary failed to do ...

The claim that DeRozan is playing better with Kyle Lowry than with Jose is based upon absolutely nothing other than a casual unquantified observation. I have no idea whether it's true or not - it's certainly not something I noticed - so I'd like to see some data to back this up.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
        so a 1 game sample is enough to prove your point? fuck off!!

someone earlier described derozan as 1/2 scared 1/2 pissed off, and I have to agree, some of the worst body language I've seen from him all season. You've never been discouraged before?

I am not concluding anything, I am just saying we need to base your conclusion that derozan is just as bad playing with lowry, off more than 1/2 a game, where derozan's mental state was visibly affected, and against one of the best defensive teams in the league.
        its been going on for more then just one game!! i just used that as an example because it was Demar's longest period on court with Lowry in quite some time.. Demar has been around T.O long enough to get a sense of the type of player he is & hes always been a floater who doesnt seem interested most of the time..same as Bargs.. if you've come to any other conclusion on Demars game U must not be watching the games in full..maybe stop watching game in an hour then come back after 40 games & tell me if you've seen enough of a sample size yet..

& i dont appriciate being told to fuck off for expressing my opinion...ive not been rude to u till this point, lets keep it clean..

Comment

If he is trying to make the allstar team, he is not going about it the right way.

Comment

Unlike Bargnani though Derozan works on his game and actually gives a shit saying otherwise is just an insult to the dude. Granted his defense is pretty bad but its something you can learn and get better at any player can and he has the work ethic to go improve that part of his game. Bad games happen to everyone and as fans we are never really satisfied and will nitpick every little thing.

On to the next one he always bounces back so lets just put away the pitchforks and torches for a minute he isnt what is wrong with the team.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
              At least he provided a sample, something more than the one claiming the contrary failed to do ...

The claim that DeRozan is playing better with Kyle Lowry than with Jose is based upon absolutely nothing other than a casual unquantified observation. I have no idea whether it's true or not - it's certainly not something I noticed - so I'd like to see some data to back this up.
              i hope this is just a jab at me, b/c that is an extremely weak argument. Im not looking up the game records.

derozan is a very oppurtunistic (dependent) player, he just doesn't have the talent to force things too much.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                its been going on for more then just one game!! i just used that as an example because it was Demar's longest period on court with Lowry in quite some time.. Demar has been around T.O long enough to get a sense of the type of player he is & hes always been a floater who doesnt seem interested most of the time..same as Bargs.. if you've come to any other conclusion on Demars game U must not be watching the games in full..maybe stop watching game in an hour then come back after 40 games & tell me if you've seen enough of a sample size yet..

& i dont appriciate being told to fuck off for expressing my opinion...ive not been rude to u till this point, lets keep it clean..
                I agree that Demar has been Demar regardless of whether the PG was Jose, Lowry, Lucas, Jack or Bayless.

I don't think he quite floats like Bargnani though. He's just not very good and he's trying to force things he's can't do well (ie. play in isolation). He's a one dimensional player that should be coming off the bench. Bargnani is offensive talent with no effort - Demar is effort without the talent anywhere.

Comment

atleast give derozan a chance to prove to you he can play with lowry, he did at the beggining of the season before lowry got banged up, they were averaging like 45-50 pts a game!

Comment

DeRozan needs to learn them lowry handles

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                      No shit, einstein.

Rude comment on my part but i entirely agree with you.

For me tho, he's not the player we all thought he was going to be.
                      Thanks fuckface! :P

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                        atleast give derozan a chance to prove to you he can play with lowry, he did at the beggining of the season before lowry got banged up, they were averaging like 45-50 pts a game!
                        I'm not convinced this is the case. DeRozan had two good games out of 3.5 before Lowry got injured. (Just 10 points in the opener, then 20+ in the next two, then 8 in the fourth game where Lowry got injured in the second half). Given that DeRozan has been inconsistent throughout his career, it's hard to say whether this was a brief glimpse of potent chemistry, or just DeRozan getting hot for a couple games.

I do, however, 100% agree that we should at least be seeing these two starting together so that we can answer definitively whether playing with Lowry can make DeRozan a better (and more importantly, consistent) player.

Comment

Working...
                        X