Durant wanted to play for the Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durant wanted to play for the Raptors

Just to get the blood boiling on this forum, Kevin Durant was on The Dan Patrick Show this morning and Dan Patrick asked him which team he wanted to play for growing up. I shit you not, he said the Raptors. Don't believe me click this link http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/01/17...and-his-skins/ and skip to about the 4:10 mark.
    Last edited by Arsenalist; Thu Jan 17, 2013, 11:41 PM. Reason: Fixed awful thread title.
    Deadallus

Deadallus wrote: View Post
    Just to get the blood boiling on this forum, Kevin Durant was on The Dan Patrick Show this morning and Dan Patrick asked him which team he wanted to play for growing up. I shit you not, he said the Raptors. Don't believe me click this link http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/01/17...and-his-skins/ and skip to about the 4:10 mark.
    Just goes to show what kind of impact VC had on Toronto. His fans which looked up to him are now stars and we've not seen another player of his calibre since he left.

Comment

he is the exception not the rule. It is refreshing to see an open minded (superstar) athlete for once.

Comment

thank for sharing

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        Just goes to show what kind of impact VC had on Toronto. His fans which looked up to him are now stars and we've not seen another player of his calibre since he left.
        That was pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Durant has said in some interviews that the raptors were one of his fav teams growing up.

Comment

I guess you don't look at my sig? he said this at the 2010 draft. it was funny because the reporter tried to get him to say that he shoulda been a wizards fan lol
            "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

even tho I might be the only raptor fan that disliked vince, you can't deny the impact he had on this franchise. don't understand why the even let amir wear #15
              "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                even tho I might be the only raptor fan that disliked vince, you can't deny the impact he had on this franchise. don't understand why the even let amir wear #15
                Agreed I like Amit and all but why is he wearing 15 ugh get your own number.

Comment

What got my blood boiling was the smirk on the dj's face and the evil laugh as soon as Durant said "Toronto Raptors"

Idiot.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                    What got my blood boiling was the smirk on the dj's face and the evil laugh as soon as Durant said "Toronto Raptors"

Idiot.
                    Yeah, caught that too. A-hole. People seem to forget that the Raps were an exciting up and coming team back then. When VC was at his prime, Raps were a regular feature in USA Today sports section. Even Kobe has stated multiple times that if the Raps kept T-Mac and VC together and stayed healthy, he is sure they would have won multiple championships. Can't really argue with that.

Comment

He isn't the only one. Many current NBA players watched the Raptors during the Carter years and looked up to him. So yes - I am not surprised at all. I mean - why are most of us raptors fans anyway ... I believe the majority of RR posters who are a little bit older became raptors fans precisely because Carter and the team we had back then.

Comment

footarez wrote: View Post
                        He isn't the only one. Many current NBA players watched the Raptors during the Carter years and looked up to him. So yes - I am not surprised at all. I mean - why are most of us raptors fans anyway ... I believe the majority of RR posters who are a little bit older became raptors fans precisely because Carter and the team we had back then.
                        Yup. I became a Raps fan because of Carter.

Originally was a Rockets/Sonics fan. Still follow the Rockets and i hope the NBA returns to Seattle.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

i became a raptor fan solely because i fell in love with basketball and because they are the only NBA team in Canada

Comment

i hope BC just checked the expire date on Durants contract & circled the date on his calander!

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                              He can wear whatever number he wants. Carter never got his jersey retired and doesn't deserve to.

Comment

Working...
                              X