Let's make a push for Rudy Gay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's make a push for Rudy Gay...

As long as we can keep Jonas Valanciunas, Kyle Lowry, one of Amir & Ed and one of DeMar & Ross, I'm all for getting Rudy Gay.

Jose Calderon, Andrea Bargnani, Amir Johnson and Linas Kleiza for Rudy Gay and Zach Randolph.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bqsddbj

Grizzlies would save more than 15M$ over the next two years.

Fact is, Lowry is not that much of a young player. So we are in a building mode, not in a win now mode. I agree. But we are not in a REbuild mode. I don't know if I express myself correctly, but what I mean is, We should not build our team to win in 4, 5 years. We should build our team to win by next year. That being said, the trade I made earlier, I'm not sure Memphis would accept. If they don't accept, I'd be ready to trade Fields instead of Kleiza, then DeMar instead of Fields, then Ross instead of DeMar. So, worse case scenario is:

Valanciunas/Gray
    Randolph/Davis/Acy
    Gay/Fields/Kleiza
    DeRozan/Anderson/Pietrus
    Lowry/????/Lucas

It is not that bad at all. Yeah, I'd be ready to trade Ross if that gives us back Gay and Z-Bo. But I'd rather not trade him.

Comment

Despite the financial flexibility Memphis receives, this trade is heavily in Toronto's favour. Something like the Blue Jays/Marlins trade. It is possible only if Memphis decides to clean house 'cause they're essentially trading away the cream of their team and going into re-build mode. If so, they would want to acquire at least a couple of 1st rounders along with a few other picks. Only then would the trade be fair.
      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

So that being said, if Memphis accepts this trade you'd do it?

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          So that being said, if Memphis accepts this trade you'd do it?

If they accept the trade as proposed(without draft picks), I would definitely do it.
          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

With Terrence Ross going away?

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              With Terrence Ross going away?
              Not if Ross goes. Ross has shown signs of being something special. Trading him could be something we'd regret.
              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Yeah he has shown signs. But like I said, we have to be in a quasi win now mode. At least that is my opinion. I love Ross but if the Grizzlies don't want Kleiza, Fields or DeMar and they abdolutely want Ross to give us back Gay and Randolph, I'd do it. Then we could sign Scott Machado and Earl Barron to complete the roster.

Valanciunas/Gray/Barron
                Davis/Johnson/Acy
                Gay/Fields/Kleiza
                DeRozan/Anderson/Pietrus
                Lowry/Lucas/Machado

Comment

Grizzlies would love to acquire Demar. In Demar they're getting a player almost as good as Gay for a much lesser price, Demar's improvement this year has been very impressive and I believe there's a little more to go before he reaches his ceiling. As much as I like him, I don't mind parting with him considering the return puts us over the hump. Ross can take his place in the starting line up.
                  Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Well if they'd love to acquire DeMar, let's do a Jose & DeMar for Gay!

Otherwise I see a trade with the Pacers really more likely to happen.

Comment

I'm not sure but I think BC is reluctant to include Demar 'cause as per rumour Raptors were offering Jose and Davis. Grizzlies were not willing and wanted more. I don't know what they wanted but Raps. have apparently pulled out.
                      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wf4mq7

Toronto Receives: Rudy Gay, Quincy Pondexter, Tony Wroten Jr.
                        Memphis Receives: Linas Kleiza, Jose Calderon, Demar Derozan + 2nd Round Picks.

More realistic for both sides, Toronto is able to have a successor to Lowry, a solid rotational wing in Pondexter, and Rudy Gay.
                        Memphis fills their 3 spot with two, capable starting type players. Derozan to start, Kleiza to play back-up role. Jose Calderon another point guard, but at the end of the season, expiring contract, addressing Memphis' want to clear up cap space. Acquiring a number of 2nd round picks, means non-guaranteed contracts, for players possible of improving a team.

Depth Chart:

Lowry/Wroten/Lucas
                        Fields/Ross/Anderson
                        Gay/Pondexter/Pietrus
                        Ed/Bargnani/Acy
                        Valanciunas/Amir/Gray
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                          http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wf4mq7

Toronto Receives: Rudy Gay, Quincy Pondexter, Tony Wroten Jr.
                          Memphis Receives: Linas Kleiza, Jose Calderon, Demar Derozan + 2nd Round Picks.

More realistic for both sides, Toronto is able to have a successor to Lowry, a solid rotational wing in Pondexter, and Rudy Gay.
                          Memphis fills their 3 spot with two, capable starting type players. Derozan to start, Kleiza to play back-up role. Jose Calderon another point guard, but at the end of the season, expiring contract, addressing Memphis' want to clear up cap space. Acquiring a number of 2nd round picks, means non-guaranteed contracts, for players possible of improving a team.

Depth Chart:

Lowry/Wroten/Lucas
                          Fields/Ross/Anderson
                          Gay/Pondexter/Pietrus
                          Ed/Bargnani/Acy
                          Valanciunas/Amir/Gray
                          This deal is fair although I think Memphis may be reluctant to take Kleiza. Overall though it's a realistic deal.
                          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
                          X