Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Barbosa be a good fit for our young guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Barbosa be a good fit for our young guys?

He is not happy with not playing in Boston and stated that on a radio station according to espn rumour central. I think his style of play will work great with kyle and will be a great roll model for the young guys.

Also when he was let go, I thought the idea was to eventually get him back.

What do you guys think?

While I did like Barbosa being our spark off the bench having him would seriously destroy Ross's minutes. Im hoping we get something going towards that Wilson Chandlet rumor Feb has to hurry up and get here.

Seriously he isnt happy in Boston? you know despote record a lot of players that come here tend to like it Toronto is a great place just need to get a winning culture started.

Comment

Didn't hear about the Chandler rumor. But yeah, Feb. do need to get here soon.

Comment

Chandler rumor?
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

He's going to eat Ross' minutes, no thanks. A team like this with Toronto's record, it's time to start developing the young guys. Unlikely playoffs are to happen for Toronto, for the teams in the East playoff picture are above .500.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            He's going to eat Ross' minutes, no thanks. A team like this with Toronto's record, it's time to start developing the young guys. Unlikely playoffs are to happen for Toronto, for the teams in the East playoff picture are above .500.
            Was watching the hockey central last night where they were talking about Edmonton Oilers. They were saying that now that they have been in rebuild mode for 5-6 years now, it's time to stop the rebuild mode and start the win mode. I think that needs to be the mentality of the Raps now. Seems like they have been in rebuild since Carter left. That's a LOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG tIME

Comment

Oilers have a TON of talent. Raptors don't.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

yeah the oilers have rebuilt with very good lottery picks. Not picking 9th-12th range for the past few years.
                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  Oilers have a TON of talent. Raptors don't.
                  Don't you mean " Oilers have a better GM?"

Comment

there's that too
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                      Was watching the hockey central last night where they were talking about Edmonton Oilers. They were saying that now that they have been in rebuild mode for 5-6 years now, it's time to stop the rebuild mode and start the win mode. I think that needs to be the mentality of the Raps now. Seems like they have been in rebuild since Carter left. That's a LOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG tIME
                      +1.

I think we need to pull off a trade, let go some of our young good players and get back a star or two. We have a whole lot of young good players (DeMar, Ross, JV, Amir, Ed, Fields, Lowry) so losing some to get a star back is not that much bad. Win now mode.

Comment

Don't you mean " Oilers have a better GM?"
                        If by better you mean got lucky in the lottery, repeatedly, if you care to investigate.

Just like those that shout out about following the OKC "model". Do they realize:

1. That if the NBA doesn't change the eligibilty rules, KD would likely have been in the draft we got Bargs. OKC lucked out and that part of the model can't be replicated.
                        2. Portland took Oden at #1, and KD fell to them. Because of the general "ya gotta draft big" concept, if Seattle (OKC) wins the lottery, they likely have taken Oden. They actually lucked out getting the #2!
                        3. Tanking, as many propose the Raps should do for as long as it takes to get lucky in the lottery, and get lucky to draft the next superstar, cost Seattle it's team. That is to say, tanking so badly got them KD and Westbrook, but the benefit didn't go to the city that tanked. Which city would you like your tanked Raptors to move to?

Comment

Barbosa is never a good fit with young players. It's why we traded him. He doesn't pass, he's undersized, and playing him meant taking minutes from Demar, and now would also mean Ross getting less run. I see no benefit to getting Barbosa unless you have season tickets and he attracts hot Brazilian women to the games.

Comment

Come on now, you do remember Bosh and the playoffs right? We scrapped rebuilding (some say too early) and did the win mode, if you follow the team, this is what they call the treadmill analogy. Going into win mode to early cost us talent, we traded picks for win now players(who did not always pan out), or got to select only when the good ones were off the board.
                            Last edited by BasketballCrush; Fri Jan 18, 2013, 05:30 PM.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                              +1.

I think we need to pull off a trade, let go some of our young good players and get back a star or two. We have a whole lot of young good players (DeMar, Ross, JV, Amir, Ed, Fields, Lowry) so losing some to get a star back is not that much bad. Win now mode.
                              All the teams that want to trade stars for the Raps good young players, please form a line to the right.

Comment

Working...
                              X