Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone on the Raptors roster truly indispensable for the right trade ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes I feel like BC shouldn't be allowed to decide on free agent signings. All his good decisions are pretty much always either in the draft, or through trades that get us good role players (never stars so far). I mean really, can anyone think of a time BC straight out signed a free agent and you were like "wow, that's a great move"? And I mean straight out in the sense of getting a new player, so I don't count a reasonable contract like Amir's, or even the re-signing of Bargs. I mean Turkoglu, Kapono, Jarrett Jack....contracts just given away that turn into nothing useful, usually not even really for a season.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      How did this become a thread about David Kahn?

Anyway, Kahn is not a bad GM. Maybe bad at drafting, especially that 2009 draft where he pretty much only drafted PGs...including rubio and flynn with consecutive top 10 picks..wtf man?! His better picks, like Love and Rubio, were fairly easy ones. Even Pekovic, who was only a 2nd rd pick because of contract issues in Europe.
      But I'd take him over BC for signing free agents any day of the week. Since they started trying to put a good team together, they've addressed PG depth with Ridnour and Barea. After failing to get a good young wing the past few years in the draft, they signed Shved. They needed a defender and glueguy, so they signed Kirilenko. Sure they took a chance on Roy, but that's not such a big deal. They have some decent depth guys like Budinger.

I don't know, Minny's in a pretty good position.
      My fault, I'm suddenly in the business of derailing threads. Love and Pekovic weren't Kahn's picks btw, though he is responsible for getting Pekovic to the nba in 2010 (2nd round pick 2008).

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
        My fault, I'm suddenly in the business of derailing threads. Love and Pekovic weren't Kahn's picks btw, though he is responsible for getting Pekovic to the nba in 2010 (2nd round pick 2008).
        My bad, those guys were a year earlier. In general though, I think my point is that drafting is a pretty small part of what a GM does. Other than maybe the Flynn pick, at the time most of the other picks seemed about right. Even Johnson, who in hindsight is a terrible pick, was something they thought they needed because in college he was a do-it-all type of wing, who played at a big school, and won big east player of the year. So the hope was that despite not being great at anything, he'd be good and able to contribute in lots of ways. Obviously hindsight is 20/20 though, and if they had the pick again, they would probably take Greg Monroe, or Paul George.

Comment

Working...
        X