Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone on the Raptors roster truly indispensable for the right trade ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why exactly would the Timberwolves want a far worse version of the player they already have, though? You don't need AB when you have Kevin Love.

Edit: I think my view on Ross was fair - he's young and raw, but has potential. I think you just agreed to that; there's a lot of his game that needs work (specifically ball skills), but a lot to like (D and shooting), so the question is how that develops. He also hasn't had enough playing time to have a meaningful sample to evaluate him at the NBA level.

As to the rest, I think it's actually pretty accurate. None of the DeMar, Fields, Anderson, or Pietrus tandem is going to play a major role on a playoff team. Also, DeMar and Fields are super-overpaid for what they bring to the table. None of those guys are stars, and a lot of them are sub-average. Can you name any team in the NBA that you wouldn't swap SGs and SFs with if you are the Raptors?
    Last edited by Reinholt; Sat Jan 19, 2013, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Reinholt wrote: View Post
      Why exactly would the Timberwolves want a far worse version of the player they already have, though? You don't need AB when you have Kevin Love.
      Both AB and KL can spread the floor (at least in theory, in Andrea's case) and give Rubio room to work his magic. Besides, the Timbers are looking for someone to take Williams off their hands, and the Raps would need Barea to fill in for Jose.

Comment

Yes, but the Wolves are already rolling out Love and Pekovic, and I don't think anyone can argue Bargnani is going to play the 3. I just see only downside to taking on a big salary for a much worse and duplicative player for the Wolves here... Why not at least trade Williams for just a pick?

Comment

Reinholt wrote: View Post
          Yes, but the Wolves are already rolling out Love and Pekovic, and I don't think anyone can argue Bargnani is going to play the 3. I just see only downside to taking on a big salary for a much worse and duplicative player for the Wolves here... Why not at least trade Williams for just a pick?
          Love's out 1month or 2, Pek may leave after this season. & Kahn is stupid.. all reason why Minni Is a logical place for Bargs to land..

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
            Love's out 1month or 2, Pek may leave after this season. & Kahn is stupid.. all reason why Minni Is a logical place for Bargs to land..
            Kahn is so stupid that somehow the timberwolves got a real nice future with some good pieces on the team and one of the best coaches in the league.

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
              That's what I get for replyin on my phone. Anyway, Jose is in his 30's and though he's a class act and overall good guy, he just doesn't fit. Even if we lose more games after he's gone, we would have assets and potentially picks back from him.

The team is actually not built too bad. What I think it's missing is a tough minded leader who doesn't let 19 point losses disappear. He puts his foot on their throat when they're down. We have nice pieces but we are still missing a key ingredient.
              I agree with you about needing toughness. We do have toughness in AA and he's the last man on our roster...go figure?
              As for Calderon I disagree. I think he fits as good as anyone and I see Lowry as the guy who doesn't fit. The ball moves well through Jose and he's a perfect fit to teach the game to our youth. Even if we do trade him we won't get much in return. Better to extend him and trade him later...say in about 3 years after he teaches a younger back-up the finer points of the position. I like the trajectory we are on now. Continue developing the young's and scoop up a top free agent in the next couple years. MLSE broke the bank for the Blue Jays...hopefully the Raptors will be as lucky!!!

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                Kahn is so stupid that somehow the timberwolves got a real nice future with some good pieces on the team and one of the best coaches in the league.
                Kahn is interesting to say the least. Rubio, Love, Pek, and some solid experienced players in Ridnour, Kirilenko, and Barea (strange how white that team is)

Ofcourse there is also that Love is hardly happy with management/ownership from lack of success, premature moves and perhaps most of all, stiffing him on his pay day (mind you he's hardly been an iron man for that team). Then there is the 620 different PGs that team goes through (yet trade Lawson), questionable picks in general (Flynn, Wes Johnsons, Williams), and ofcourse the infamous Darko 'Mana from heaven' Milic discussion.

I'm not sure if the guy is a evil genius ready to take over the NBA, or drunk.

Either way its fun to watch.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                  Kahn is interesting to say the least. Rubio, Love, Pek, and some solid experienced players in Ridnour, Kirilenko, and Barea (strange how white that team is)

Ofcourse there is also that Love is hardly happy with management/ownership from lack of success, premature moves and perhaps most of all, stiffing him on his pay day (mind you he's hardly been an iron man for that team). Then there is the 620 different PGs that team goes through (yet trade Lawson), questionable picks in general (Flynn, Wes Johnsons, Williams), and ofcourse the infamous Darko 'Mana from heaven' Milic discussion.

I'm not sure if the guy is a evil genius ready to take over the NBA, or drunk.

Either way its fun to watch.
                  dont forget the Roy for Foye trade LOL... if Kahn has assembled a decent team its by complete accident...hes a complete skit!

Comment

The entire Raptor Team is indispensable at this point. The players with the most upside include JV, T. Ross and barely making the list is Ed Davis IMO. I have only seen glimpses of JV and T Ross and what they can do, but their fundamentals are exactly what the team needs to move forward with. Saying that, if the right player comes along, I would not be upset if we traded them.

We will forever be in search for a true 3. Ever Since McGrady bolted Toronto the 3 spot has been filled with false hope and optimism.

Comment

People just love to put Kahn down because that's the norm. Yet his team is doing better in the rebuild than many other teams. This of course must be luck because Kahn is an idiot right?

A lot can be said in favor of Kahn's work, but I'll just ask: did he ever hand out a contract as bad as BC has done multiple times?

Comment

People just love to put Kahn down because that's the norm. Yet his team is doing better in the rebuild than many other teams. This of course must be luck because Kahn is an idiot right?

A lot can be said in favor of Kahn's work, but I'll just ask: did he ever hand out a contract as bad as BC has done multiple times?
                        I'd argue if the bar to measure the quality of a GM is based on Colangelo's actions, there aren't too many bad ones in the league

Comment

for a complete list of Kahns Madness look here..
                          http://www.basketball-reference.com/...kahnda99x.html

its even worse then i remembered LOL

granted minni has some good pieces now but there track record under Kahn is just horrible.. BC may have handed out some skrilla to posers such as Hedont & Landry Fails but his draft record isnt soo bad.. & its pretty good actually if u forget the Bargs draft..i still think maurizio brain washed him on that one..

its easy to look at minni's roster & see the likes of Love & Rubio but what u dont see is how good they could have been had they not made some absolute bonehead moves..

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                            for a complete list of Kahns Madness look here..
                            http://www.basketball-reference.com/...kahnda99x.html

its even worse then i remembered LOL

granted minni has some good pieces now but there track record under Kahn is just horrible.. BC may have handed out some skrilla to posers such as Hedont & Landry Fails but his draft record isnt soo bad.. & its pretty good actually if u forget the Bargs draft..i still think maurizio brain washed him on that one..

its easy to look at minni's roster & see the likes of Love & Rubio but what u dont see is how good they could have been had they not made some absolute bonehead moves..
                            If Flynn and W. Johnson had been drafted by BC they'd still be starting here and getting some nice contracts. And you know it's true.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                              I'd argue if the bar to measure the quality of a GM is based on Colangelo's actions, there aren't too many bad ones in the league
                              Lots of gm's around with bad records. But Raptorfans making fun of a gm of another team is a clear hey-aren't-you-missing-something-moment.

Don't forget the Foye for Rubio (pick) trade. Much less popular to mention because it doesn't fit.

Comment

How did this become a thread about David Kahn?

Anyway, Kahn is not a bad GM. Maybe bad at drafting, especially that 2009 draft where he pretty much only drafted PGs...including rubio and flynn with consecutive top 10 picks..wtf man?! His better picks, like Love and Rubio, were fairly easy ones. Even Pekovic, who was only a 2nd rd pick because of contract issues in Europe.
                                But I'd take him over BC for signing free agents any day of the week. Since they started trying to put a good team together, they've addressed PG depth with Ridnour and Barea. After failing to get a good young wing the past few years in the draft, they signed Shved. They needed a defender and glueguy, so they signed Kirilenko. Sure they took a chance on Roy, but that's not such a big deal. They have some decent depth guys like Budinger.

I don't know, Minny's in a pretty good position.

Comment

Working...
                                X