No announcement yet.

ED "Boss" Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think ed can be very good. This off season him and Big V need to practice with Hakeem together, those two could be a big time duo for us. Imagine those big to big passes for easy dunks.

Comment

They can both hit the elbow jumper and Big V can stretch out to mid range and stick it

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        I think ed can be very good. This off season him and Big V need to practice with Hakeem together, those two could be a big time duo for us. Imagine those big to big passes for easy dunks.
        Hmm...I don't think working out with Hakeem will do Ed as much good as JV. Ed will never have Hakeem-type moves because of their different styles and body types. I'm not saying it would be useless for Ed..who knows. I think though, given he needs to mostly keep working on his jumper and his body, it wouldn't matter too much. He needs a bruising PF with a jumper to practice against every day. Maybe Boozer. Maybe a better player, see if Karl Malone feels like working him out or something.
        JV will benefit much more from Hakeem's teaching. I was amazed at his little fade shot, and that his footwork is so solid at his age. Basically his fade, as well as his running hook, look like moves that he's trying to copy straight out of Olajuwon's game.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Pau Gasol is an all-star his going to get his but he kept him off the glass though.

Boozer is just too powerful for Ed at this stage.

Thad Young I feel like most of his points came from Holiday penetration with Ed helping and leaving Thad

Henson was playing against the second unit most of the time I think

You make a very good point though.
          This is the reason it's so much easier to watch Ed start than Bargs. If you're going to get the opposing PF having solid games against us, at least Ed can keep him off the glass, keep it clean, and limit the other teams 2nd chance points.

I think that's the most disheartening thing about watching the team play with Bargs. See them defend strongly (even Bargs) for 22 seconds, but once the shot is up, Bargs shuts down, and the other team crashes the glass for an easy 2 pts.

Also, Henson did have a fair amount of minutes against Ed as well. Kind of unavoidable with how thin we are up front right now. It's ok though. Also have to remember that Ed came off the bench most of his career, so now he's facing better competition. Most bench bigs don't score too well and don't have lots of moves, so part of his struggles are unavoidable for now.
          Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Jan 21, 2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

I'm indifferent with Davis. I still don't see a star player in him. Just a role player who happens to be making the most of a very thin front court rotation.

I still believe one of Davis or Amir needs to go, but with Davis playing well lately, he might be worth more in a trade right now. When was the last time the Raptors traded a player while his stock was high (Antawn Jamison perhaps)?

Comment

It's all about value. Davis's contract is high value. There is a beauty to the fact we get someone that can give you 10/10 and pay so little for it.

Comment

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                It's all about value. Davis's contract is high value. There is a beauty to the fact we get someone that can give you 10/10 and pay so little for it.
                "High value" is also easily sell-able. IMO, Davis isn't a core piece, so I would think he's more valuable to this team in a trade package.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I'm indifferent with Davis. I still don't see a star player in him. Just a role player who happens to be making the most of a very thin front court rotation.

I still believe one of Davis or Amir needs to go, but with Davis playing well lately, he might be worth more in a trade right now. When was the last time the Raptors traded a player while his stock was high (Antawn Jamison perhaps)?
                  Me too with the exception that I now believe he will be at least an average third big because of that jumper.

Ed is still a serious liability on defense, he can't create his own shot and is not a threat in the post. And he failed to get significantly stronger the past two off seasons despite strength being identified as a major weakness.

Comment

I just like being able to call him Special Ed. Other than that Amir is the better two way player when he isn't fouling everything in sight. I like Ed but I think he's best served as icing on any trade cake.
                    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                      Ed averaged 1.1 and 1.6 TOs per 36 on a turnover rate of 10% and 14% in his first two years respectively. To put that in perspective Amir's was 20% and Andrea's 11% last season. That doesn't read as turnover prone to me.
                      Well to be fair I think you can't just look at turnover rate without looking at usage. Jose Calderon's TOV% was 18 last year and we all know for damn sure that he is not turnover prone. His usage rate was also 18%.

If you look at Ed's two numbers then you can see where Hollinger is coming from. 15% TOV and just 14% Usage. That's pretty bad. Compare that with this year and you see a massive improvement -- 11% TOV and 18% USG.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

Working...
                      X