rudy gay.... again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudy gay.... again

if we would have to give up demar and jose to get rudy would u do it if u were BC.......?????

i know i woouldd

lowry
    ross or fields
    gay
    davis
    jv

sound pretty good to me...

ab7 wrote: View Post
    if we would have to give up demar and jose to get rudy would u do it if u were BC.......?????

i know i woouldd

lowry
    ross or fields
    gay
    davis
    jv

Sigh.... Another trade proposal in the "Everything Raptors" sub-forum. Please use the proper sub-forum when posting...

Comment

ab7 wrote: View Post

i know i woouldd

lowry
      ross or fields
      gay
      davis
      jv

Fields would probably still start.
      But who would stretch the defense.

We have zero 3 point shooters.

Comment

I would.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Yup!
          i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

There are already a number of Rudy threads..... sigh

But to answer the question: yes.

Would Memphis do it? No.

Comment

I would rather not trade Demar, but this is a really solid trade. Not sure they would want another PG, but a rental backup for the playoffs for them, making the trade almost Gay for Demar in the long term.

Comment

that doesnt look like equal value to me considering how well Jose has played, how well he is shooting and the fact that DD is still young and no history of injuries, we would be giving up too much for not much improvement in wins. sit tight till the deadline, try to move Bargs, talk to Jose in the offseason, i like the Lowry/Jose combo, i think it could work. but if he walks his contract comes off and if we wont be saddled with a hefty "Gay" contract.

the only move we should focus on is pasta boy.

Rebuild people. Patience. Playoffs out of reach, let the season play out and assess our talent.
                Last edited by imaginelino; Sun Jan 20, 2013, 09:29 PM.

Comment

sigh indeed.....

Memphis doesn't want to commit long term money in any Rudy Gay deal. This much is pretty obvious. Demar, with his extension, is clearly not on their wishlist. Any Gay deal would likely cost at least 2 of our other young assets among Ed, JV and Ross.

I know this is a "would you do it" thread, but I'd also do Jose + Demar for Durant.

Comment

Judging from general rumors, it seems any deal for Gay needs to include at least a young prospect (Beal, Ross, I imagine the Nets rumors out today probably involve Marshon Brooks), and another prospect or draft pick. Then to make the money work, they clearly want sizeable cap relief. Not sure if this season is a must. I suspect they would take back a deal that expires next year if the player is useful and the rest of the package is good. Anyway, the point is the price will be high, and set by Memphis.

Comment

Looks good, I would pull the trigger.

Comment

No brainer. I'd do it in a heartbeat.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                        X