Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrea to Bobcats?

Insider stuff

According to Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer, Charlotte Bobcats owner Michael Jordan has instructed his front office to be aggressive at the trade deadline.

"We’re very active – our owner wants us to be active,’’ team president Bob Higgins told the Observer in regard to the Feb. 21 trade deadline.

Specifically, Bonnell wrote that trades "could range from pursuing a star player, to adding a complementary big man, to facilitating some deal between other teams to acquire a future draft pick."

The Bobs are desperate for a big man, so they may take aim at some potential targets who may well be available like DeMarcus Cousins, Al Jefferson or Andrea Bargnani. The trouble is they don't have much in the way of assets beyond what is sure to be another high draft pick in this year's draft. Perhaps that would be enough to pry Bargnani away from the Toronto Raptors.
    YES PLEASE
    @sweatpantsjer

jesus christ what a coup that would be
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Where do we sign ?

Comment

Once primo pasta hits the supermarket shelves of Charlotte, you know that state will explode. What is Jordan waiting for?

Comment

To make salaries work we would either have to take back Tyrus Thomas or Ben Gordon....
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Jordon owes us anyways after the Chandler debacle
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
              To make salaries work we would either have to take back Tyrus Thomas or Ben Gordon....
              I'd take Gordon easily. He's a bench scorer that can actually....you know....score (no offense Alan Anderson), plus he's a $13 million expiring contract next year (assuming he picks up his player option).

I just don't trust Jordan's ability to close a deal

Comment

that's fine
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I am ready to spin the bottle right now.

Comment

I'll take Tyrus and his terrible contract before Gordon. Gordon would more likely disrupt the chemistry of the bench, plus he would probably take minutes from Ross. We'd need a big body anyway with Barg leaving town

Comment

I can see why the 'Cats would want Cousins because he's young, but Bargs or Jefferson don't make sense. They will probably just go into tank mode yet again and see if they can pick up some more young assets in the draft.

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                        I'll take Tyrus and his terrible contract before Gordon. Gordon would more likely disrupt the chemistry of the bench, plus he would probably take minutes from Ross. We'd need a big body anyway with Barg leaving town
                        If you're worried about messing up the chemistry, then Gordon > Thomas and it's not really that close. Gordon is overpaid and a gunner, but a good locker room guy by all accounts. Thomas is a malcontent. Besides, the real return here is that first round pick. I don't think either player would be part of the long term plan in Toronto; more or less just to make the salaries match. And if that's the case, Gordon seems like a better option since his contract expires 1 year before Thomas' does.

It would also give Toronto the option to flip Anderson for a second rounder if they chose to do so, and allow Gordon to fill his role.

Comment

i'd take gordon over tyrus. shorter contract, and truth be told, could still be useful.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            that's fine
                            Is Tyrus Thomas an amnesty candidate?
                            Welp, that sucked.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
                              Is Tyrus Thomas an amnesty candidate?
                              Unfortunately, no. A traded player cannot be amnestied.

Comment

Working...
                              X