Andrea to Bobcats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I think it might be wiser to amnesty Bargs than make this deal. Neither Gordon or Thomas fit into future plans so I'd rather go into the summer with both JC and AB off the books and give the new GM some dough to go shopping with.
    Of course they dont but trading Bargnani for a fresh new talent is in the form of a pick is. Tyrus is just a little evil to help with the greater good. And judging how much the Bobcats suck it will be a relatively high pick.
    Last edited by Rapstor4Life; Mon Jan 21, 2013, 02:10 PM.

Comment

What about Diop/Warrick/pick for Bargs?

Comment

I don't see this getting past MJ.

Comment

Instead of a going after Charlotte's 2013 first rounder, I would rather their 2014 first rounder which somehow could be translated into WIGGINS! BOO YA! BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE! #bargs=pylon

Comment

codean wrote: View Post
            Instead of a going after Charlotte's 2013 first rounder, I would rather their 2014 first rounder which somehow could be translated into WIGGINS! BOO YA! BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE! #bargs=pylon
            The whole reason they are shopping their 2013 pick is because they view it as a down year for the draft. They're not giving up their 2014 first rounder, or certainly not for just Bargnani.

Comment

Hey ceez, where did ya find this rumour? No link.

Comment

espn insider uhhh ill dig it up
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Could be wrong but I don't think Charlotte can trade us their pick right now; they've traded a protected first-rounder to Chicago.

Bulls receive the Bobcats' 2013 first-round pick (top 12 protected in 2013, top 10 protected in 2014, top 8 protected in 2015, unprotected in 2016) (Tyrus Thomas trade 02-18-10)

My understanding is that they can trade this pick on draft-day (basically select who we want and then flip him immediately). However, they do have a couple other assets:

Bobcats receive the Blazers' 2013 first-round pick (top 12 protected in the 2013, 2014, and 2015, and unprotected in 2016) (Gerald Wallace trade 02-24-11)
                  Bobcats receive the Pistons' 2013 first-round pick (top 14 protected in the 2013 draft, top 8 in 2014, top 1 in 2015, and unprotected in 2016) (Gerald Wallace trade 02-24-11)

I'd take the Detroit pick. Won't be this year, might be a pick in the 8-15 range next year, or else will probably be in the lottery in 2015. As for the salary that they'd throw in, I'd want Gordon or Diop, but would probably take Thomas if that's the only guy they were willing to trade.

edit: trade information from http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2013

Comment

I've seen crazier things happen, you never know.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                      The whole reason they are shopping their 2013 pick is because they view it as a down year for the draft. They're not giving up their 2014 first rounder, or certainly not for just Bargnani.
                      I've seen crazier things happen, you never know with Charlotte.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        espn insider uhhh ill dig it up
                        Cheers buddy.

Comment

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/...dex/_/count/16
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Well if this is true. Then i can't see them landing a guy like Cousins or Jefferson. Charlotte dont have any assets to trade for those type of guys unless they're willing to part with MKG(not happening).

As for Bargnani, i'm pretty sure BC would deal him in a heartbeat for Charlotte's 1st rd pick this year.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                                Could be wrong but I don't think Charlotte can trade us their pick right now; they've traded a protected first-rounder to Chicago.

Bulls receive the Bobcats' 2013 first-round pick (top 12 protected in 2013, top 10 protected in 2014, top 8 protected in 2015, unprotected in 2016) (Tyrus Thomas trade 02-18-10)

My understanding is that they can trade this pick on draft-day (basically select who we want and then flip him immediately). However, they do have a couple other assets:

Bobcats receive the Blazers' 2013 first-round pick (top 12 protected in the 2013, 2014, and 2015, and unprotected in 2016) (Gerald Wallace trade 02-24-11)
                                Bobcats receive the Pistons' 2013 first-round pick (top 14 protected in the 2013 draft, top 8 in 2014, top 1 in 2015, and unprotected in 2016) (Gerald Wallace trade 02-24-11)

I'd take the Detroit pick. Won't be this year, might be a pick in the 8-15 range next year, or else will probably be in the lottery in 2015. As for the salary that they'd throw in, I'd want Gordon or Diop, but would probably take Thomas if that's the only guy they were willing to trade.

edit: trade information from http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2013
                                If this is indeed all accurate, I would still take any of these picks.

Although, I would not take Thomas back. He's the only piece I'd absolutely avoid like cancer from their team. Anything else is open for discussion. Charlotte doesn't need to be a playoff team, but they need more talent. Andrea has talent, and in an area they're lacking. It is also true they lack assets to get a higher calibre player. Andrea would be good enough though, to make them a slightly better team, but most of all take pressure of Kemba for the scoring load now, and pressure off MKG who still needs to develop offensively. We'll see what happens....

Comment

Working...
                                X