Andrea to Bobcats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gasol banished to the bench for good. What does this mean for Bargs? source
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Is it possible to fire an owner?

Comment

Time to 'Mull'(ens) things over!

WHATEVER IT TAKES
        i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
          Gasol banished to the bench for good. What does this mean for Bargs? source
          I don't know, but it certainly seems hard to believe Gasol will be kept. He won't be happy, and the team has no other asset to trade if they want to change things...
          Hiring D'Antoni was a mistake. Perfect situation fell into his lap in PHX, but the guy can't coach well at all. If LA turns it around, it will be because the players make it happen, not D'Antoni.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I don't know, but it certainly seems hard to believe Gasol will be kept. He won't be happy, and the team has no other asset to trade if they want to change things...
            Hiring D'Antoni was a mistake. Perfect situation fell into his lap in PHX, but the guy can't coach well at all. If LA turns it around, it will be because the players make it happen, not D'Antoni.
            Yeah totally agree. Seriously I don't like the Lakers but what a waste this season is. The Suns were fun to watch back in the days that's for sure. With a 23 year old Amare Stoudemire, a 30 year old Nash, a 27 year old Marion, Barbosa and all that. But this was not a championship caliber team. I just don't see why they hired Mike D'antoni. I mean put any coach on the bench of a team with Nash, Amare, Marion, Barbosa etc at the peak of their careers, and put the emphasis on the offense and on run and gun play, it will be fun to watch, whoever the coach is. I'm not saying D'antoni can't coach. Just that he is not the coach you want if you want to win the championship, and that's what the Lakers were hoping to do. Gasol is going to be traded that's for sure.

Comment

Jordan screwed the Raptors before, if he wants a deal he's got to really sweeten the pot from last time.

Comment

This is some stupid rumor. Why would MJ take another 7ft jump shooter. They already have Mullens, and he actually rebounds.

Comment

If I was MJ I wouldnt trade if you know your team is trash completely he keeps those picks and should only be trading for more picks while keeping whats worthwhile, Kemba and MKG.

Good deal for Raps bad deal for Cats

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I'd take Gordon easily. He's a bench scorer that can actually....you know....score (no offense Alan Anderson), plus he's a $13 million expiring contract next year (assuming he picks up his player option).

I just don't trust Jordan's ability to close a deal
                    BG is a tweener who is cronichly injured and does not defend Allan Andersen plays a palatable brand of defense there would have to be a draft pick though.
                    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                      BG is a tweener who is cronichly injured and does not defend Allan Andersen plays a palatable brand of defense there would have to be a draft pick though.
                      Neither Gordon or Anderson have a part in the Raptors' future. The real transaction is obtaining a pick, and ridding ourselves of Bargnani's contract. Because of this, how Gordon "fits" doesn't concern me. We're a long way from even competing for a playoff berth.

Comment

If the Bobcats can amnesty Thomas in the off-season, then why would they take on our trash (ie Bargs' contract) and give up a pick in order to move him? This trade is not happening.

Comment

pcrombeen wrote: View Post
                          If the Bobcats can amnesty Thomas in the off-season, then why would they take on our trash (ie Bargs' contract) and give up a pick in order to move him? This trade is not happening.
                          i said the same but in reverse LOL why would we take on the bench fodder that is Tyrus just to get a pick in a weak draft..Id prefer to just amnesty Bargs in the summer then take on Tyrus or Ben Gordon

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                            i said the same but in reverse LOL why would we take on the bench fodder that is Tyrus just to get a pick in a weak draft..Id prefer to just amnesty Bargs in the summer then take on Tyrus or Ben Gordon
                            Isn't a pick (even in a weak draft) better than paying Bargnani to go away? After all, one of the weakest drafts in memory still produced LaMarcus Aldridge, Rudy Gay, Rajon Rondo, Paul Millsap, and Kyle Lowry.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Isn't a pick (even in a weak draft) better than paying Bargnani to go away? After all, one of the weakest drafts in memory still produced LaMarcus Aldridge, Rudy Gay, Rajon Rondo, Paul Millsap, and Kyle Lowry.
                              im ok with the pick. what im not ok with is taking on another albotross contract that CANT be amnestied to get that pick..

Comment

about the draft, it's not a weak draft. there's just no clear cut superstars in the sense where so and so is OBVIOUSLY going #1 or #2 or whatever. Hollinger and Stein both have said there's a bunch of great players to be had, just no clear cut order. Stein (i believe?) went so far as to say this is a good draft to have a pick in simply because there will be very good players to pick from even later on.

which really sucks for us but whatever
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X