Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pieces that fit together and the plan moving forward.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    You posted two comments on your own thread before anyone else even commented. Thats funny.
    well it was because I missed things I wanted to address in the initial post, yeah I could've edited it, but so what.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
      can u really be a fan if your interest is waning? were already in the midst of a re build & your suggesting tearing it down & re building again?? only time an arcitect tears down a half built house is if the foundation is sinking! & i dont think were sinking at all...were prob. right were we should be..patience is a virtue most do not understand...
      you win the award for most asinine post in this thread. congratulations.

Comment

Any plan centered on the pursuit of a particular player as the pick, 2 drafts away, is foolhardy in so many ways, it's not funny. I'll mention a few:

1. In the world of sport, serious injuries happen all the time (see Oden, Roy, now Love for recent examples), so there's no way one even knows if the kid will be even useful 1.5 years from now.
        2. What do you do with the guys you propose to keep on the team? Tell them they have to tank next year? Tank better than anybody else, to "hope" to get a 24% lottery chance, which rarely plays out, at a player that may not even be available? Seriously, what kind of impression do you think JV and Ross would have of the organization if they're told to give an entire year of their career (which could be shorter than planned) to have a lottery's chance in hell to snag a particular player? They'd want out of town so fast.......
        3. Since 2014 is supposed to be a very deep draft, which teams that are likely to have a high draft pick do you think you can entice to giving it up without including either JV or Ross in the deal? My money is on NONE.
        4. What kind of support do you think you're going to get from the fanbase that pay for tickets, when you blow up a re-build half way through it, and tank like crazy to hope you win the lottery that seldom goes to the worst team (it's called a lottery for good reason). Want to follow the Seattle model and tank enough to lose the team to another city after MAYBE (odds are against) getting that franchise player?

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
          His post was far from asinine, but nobody could beat your winner.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            No one knows, but based on the circumstances outlined below, it seems reasonable that Calderon may look elsewhere:

1. Was already traded once before to Charlotte,
            What when???

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
              Any plan centered on the pursuit of a particular player as the pick, 2 drafts away, is foolhardy in so many ways, it's not funny. I'll mention a few:

1. In the world of sport, serious injuries happen all the time (see Oden, Roy, now Love for recent examples), so there's no way one even knows if the kid will be even useful 1.5 years from now.
              2. What do you do with the guys you propose to keep on the team? Tell them they have to tank next year? Tank better than anybody else, to "hope" to get a 24% lottery chance, which rarely plays out, at a player that may not even be available? Seriously, what kind of impression do you think JV and Ross would have of the organization if they're told to give an entire year of their career (which could be shorter than planned) to have a lottery's chance in hell to snag a particular player? They'd want out of town so fast.......
              3. Since 2014 is supposed to be a very deep draft, which teams that are likely to have a high draft pick do you think you can entice to giving it up without including either JV or Ross in the deal? My money is on NONE.
              4. What kind of support do you think you're going to get from the fanbase that pay for tickets, when you blow up a re-build half way through it, and tank like crazy to hope you win the lottery that seldom goes to the worst team (it's called a lottery for good reason). Want to follow the Seattle model and tank enough to lose the team to another city after MAYBE (odds are against) getting that franchise player?
              Exactly what I was about to write. It is sooo stupid to build your future on if and whens and especially on what you expect people will want and that all the percentages will go your way. All the Wiggins talk is just crazy. I'd love him in a Raptors uniform, but expecting that it'll happen in the future is making a fool of yourself.

Comment

mike, prague wrote: View Post
                What when???
                couple years back jose & reggie evans were traded to Charlotte for Tyson Chandler & boris diaw...then MJ nixed the deal & made is GM look the fool..Tyson Chandler was traded to dallas days latter for a bag of pretzels LOL

Comment

+1

I can't think of a WORSE strategy for an NBA team than centering your plans around the acquisition of 1 particular player.

The only thing I would add is that trading for draft picks in the hopes of landing the top pick is also misguided because almost all picks that are traded are top 3 protected.

Would it be great to land Wiggins, absolutely, but it is a completely ridiculous idea to plan your strategy around being able to draft him.
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

and you win the award for the most asinine reply to a legitimate post.. congratulations.. here is your slice of pizza

Comment

if u think my post is asinine then so be it..the fact of the matter is this is a re build & were going in the right direction..i ve got no issues moving players but to blow it up again would be counter productive in soo many ways...

Comment

my interest is waning because BC comes of with these half baked plans/doesn't have a plan at all. Im all for patient if a clear plan was in store.

why dont you lay out these half baked plans for us.. clearly we are rebuilding and he added some pieces in the summer. he has stood pat since and letting the coach do his job.. so what are you talking about..? Seriously, for all the criticism and lack of playoffs I understand but no plan at all after everyone screamed for a rebuild, we sunk last season and here we are.. you wanted to be contenders after one year?

Comment

1. injuries are not something I can control, therefore I do not worry about them. Since this is a superstar, in my opinion and several others (dick vitale for one) I am willing to take the chance.

2. I am not implying we tank at all. I don't think jose calderon,terrence ross,landry fields,ed davis, valanciunas is a lottery team, along with veteran help, like I mentioned above I think they are a fringe playoff team. So the players won't be put in that situation.

3. the players I mentioned that need to be traded, don't have to be turned in to draft picks right away, they can be turned into other assets (money, other players)which will by 2014 be turned into draft picks.

4. the fan base is full of fairweather fans anyways, there won't be much of an outcry b/c we won't be tanking like you think we are, we are going to be perennially contending for 8-9 spot.

this is also a response to everyone that "+1'd" your post.
                          Last edited by akashsingh; Tue Jan 22, 2013, 04:06 PM.

Comment

imaginelino wrote: View Post
                            why dont you lay out these half baked plans for us.. clearly we are rebuilding and he added some pieces in the summer. he has stood pat since and letting the coach do his job.. so what are you talking about..? Seriously, for all the criticism and lack of playoffs I understand but no plan at all after everyone screamed for a rebuild, we sunk last season and here we are.. you wanted to be contenders after one year?
                            are you retarded? you don't think going after steve nash this summer is half baked?

Comment

This akansingh guy has been good laughs some time now.

@ u not with u.

Comment

Any plan centered on the pursuit of a particular player as the pick, 2 drafts away, is foolhardy in so many ways, it's not funny.
                                I disagree on the funny part.

Comment

Working...
                                X