Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pieces that fit together and the plan moving forward.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

akashsingh wrote: View Post
    are you retarded? you don't think going after steve nash this summer is half baked?
    so your basing this on a move that didn't happen. that is retarded.

Comment

1. injuries are not something I can control, therefore I do not worry about them. Since this is a superstar, in my opinion and several others (dick vitale for one) I am willing to take the chance.

2. I am not implying we tank at all. I don't think jose calderon,terrence ross,landry fields,ed davis, valanciunas is a lottery team, along with veteran help, like I mentioned above I think they are a fringe playoff team. So the players won't be put in that situation.

3. the players I mentioned that need to be traded, don't have to be turned in to draft picks right away, they can be turned into other assets (money, other players)which will by 2014 be turned into draft picks.

4. the fan base is full of fairweather fans anyways, there won't be much of an outcry b/c we won't be tanking like you think we are, we are going to be perennially contending for 8-9 spot.

oh and fuck you
      You need remedial classes for "special" people like yourself,,,,,,, and to get laid.
      Last edited by p00ka; Tue Jan 22, 2013, 04:19 PM.

Comment

imaginelino wrote: View Post
        so your basing this on a move that didn't happen. that is retarded.
        that was one example, and it didn't happen b/c steve nash decided not to, not because bc realized it was a stupid plan. signing landry fields, signing turkoglu when we already had a ball dominant player in calderon, are other examples.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
          I disagree on the funny part.
          lol, good point

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
            You need remedial classes for "special" people like yourself,,,,,,, and to get laid.
            I regret the time I wasted forming a rebuttal, you useless piece of trash.

Comment

are you retarded? you don't think going after steve nash this summer is half baked?
              nash was only supposed to help the re build along.. nothing more..it prob. was a bad move though because it did give fans such as yourself a belief that were contenders when infact we arnt.. were STILL re building & that was the plan all along
              Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Tue Jan 22, 2013, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I think what bothers me often on this board is people seeing a tiny bit of success and becoming too attached to players. This team needs to consider each and every player as something it can move to become better.

Imagine you have this sand castle, and you realize that you built it too close to shore and the tide is coming. At first, you thought maybe if you reinforce it a bit it'll stay up. You added a bit of dried grass or popsicle sticks to reinforce the walls, hoping it'll be enough to hold it all together. But it's falling, and each time the tide comes in it is shrinking and falling apart. You end up tearing it down to try a new design, while moving it back a bit so it won't get hit. That is, to me, the definition of 'blowing it up'.

The Raptors roster including JV, Ross and other promising young players, in reality, is just a bucket of sand right now. The reality is that there's nothing to blow up, we're still in the process of deciding where to put the castle, what the castle should look like, and whether or not we can get better sand.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

that was one example, and it didn't happen b/c steve nash decided not to, not because bc realized it was a stupid plan. signing landry fields, signing turkoglu when we already had a ball dominant player in calderon, are other examples.
                  Signing a former two time MVP champion to a team full of youth that is rebuilding and finding some sort of identity is a direction they could have gone. Oh and he is a national hero. But again, he is not here so we can't judge a team's performance based on who we didn't get. The Turk was a mistake that was quickly corrected, corrected at a time where he had huge money still owing on like 3-4 + years left... no one thought he could get rid of him. He did. I think that's a positive. Landry Fields, yeah big money but hardly the cause of the team's failure this year. Anything else?

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                    nash was only supposed to help the re build along.. nothing more..it prob. was a bad move though because it did give fans such as yourself a belief that were contenders when infact we arnt.. were STILL re building
                    Chasing Nash was the proof the rebuild wasn't happening.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                      Chasing Nash was the proof the rebuild wasn't happening.
                      i guess u fall under the catagory i mentioned above.. we were always in a re build & nash was only supposed to help our young guys take that next step..helping the rebuild NOT ending the rebuild...

just for the record..i think nash could have helped the young guys quite a bit but im glad he went to LA..
                      Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Tue Jan 22, 2013, 04:36 PM.

Comment

i guess u fall under the catagory i mentioned above.. we were always in a re build & nash was only supposed to help our young guys take that next step..helping the rebuild NOT ending the rebuild
                        +1, bingo!

Comment

So we keep an older guy @ Point? and give up young talent and hard working types in DeRozan and Lowry? great choice.

Calderon outshines Lowry because he has been here for the last 6 years or is it 7 now? the chemistry he has is at an all time high. Lowry is te better player and should be our go to pg he just doesn't know the personnel much yet.

I admire Calderon's abilities on the floor and his demeanor off of it but lets be serious here moving forward we need young and a core Calderon isn't the answer may not even be Lowry but we cant be getting older instead of having a young system that grows together.

Comment

i guess u fall under the catagory i mentioned above.. we were always in a re build & nash was only supposed to help our young guys take that next step..helping the rebuild NOT ending the rebuild...

just for the record..i think nash could have helped the young guys quite a bit but im glad he went to LA..
                            Losing for a year as a result of foolish team building, doing what amounted to nothing and then proceeding to 'accelerate' that is only 'rebuilding' in Colangelo's world.

This team was never in a rebuild unless one drank the Colangelo Koolaid

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                              I think what bothers me often on this board is people seeing a tiny bit of success and becoming too attached to players. This team needs to consider each and every player as something it can move to become better.
                              +1

If we had top 5 player who is happy to be here and also the face of the franchise, then it might be a different situation. But that won't happen with anyone on the current roster.

Comment

I regret the time I wasted forming a rebuttal, you useless piece of trash.
                                Enough with the personal insult replies. Just because people disagree with your initial post, it doesn't give you the right to attack them, as opposed to attacking their arguments. Please don't force my hand with regards to a ban... keep it respectful.

Cheers,
                                CRF

Comment

Working...
                                X