No announcement yet.

If NOH can change name to Pelicans, Toronto should change our name to HUSKIES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If NOH can change name to Pelicans, Toronto should change our name to HUSKIES

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ne...181328311.html

Do IT, do IT now!!!

Before MLSE or the new Owners and BC can make any stupid trade or any excuse for a losing season, can they at least change our name and logo to the Huskies?

The Dinos theme is extinct, and even though Jurassic Park 4 is announced for 2014 summer, the Dino gimmick is over and keeps failing since our last playoff exit with Bosh. Perhaps a new team name can change the direction of the team as well.

Even if Minnesota already took the Timberwolves as a dog-related name, Toronto Huskies brings a certain practicality back into the city of Toronto. Winter dogs and Canadian flags match much better and they work together to pull a sled through the harshest winters. Do you think a prehistoric reptile will drag a sled through cold winter and live? It will friggin DIE!!!

Hearing Herbie Kuhn say "TOOOOORRRONTOOOOO HUSKIIIIEEEEESSS!!" does not sound so bad at all and rolls off the tongue better.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by tonious35; Thu Jan 24, 2013, 12:49 AM. Reason: typos

I don't like the name Raptors either. I don't mind Huskies. It's better than Raptors.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
      http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ne...181328311.html

Do IT, do IT now!!!

Before MLSE or the new Owners and BC can make any stupid trade or any excuse for a losing season, can they at least change our name and logo to the Huskies?

The Dinos theme is extinct, and even though Jurassic Park 4 is announced for 2014 summer, the Dino gimmick is over and keeps failing since our last playoff exit with Bosh. Perhaps a new team name can change the direction of the team as well.

Even if Minnesota already took the Timberwolves as a dog-related name, Toronto Huskies brings a certain practicality back into the city of Toronto. Winter dogs and Canadian flags match much better and they work together to pull a sled through the harshest winters. Do you think a prehistoric reptile will drag a sled through cold winter and live? It will friggin DIE!!!

Hearing Herbie Kuhn say "TOOOOORRRONTOOOOO HUSKIIIIEEEEESSS!!" does not sound so bad at all and rolls off the tongue better.

What do you guys think?
      Shut It

Comment

no

Comment

New Jurassic Park movie? sweet

Comment

I don't like Huskies
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I use to be 100% for Huskies. Kind of indifferent now.

Only way I'd go yes is if drastic sweeping changes occurred to coincide, like for example:

-New President and GM
              -trading away all the excess baggage of the miserable last 5 years
              -drafting a can't miss #1 like Wiggins

But all that is pretty unlikely so I'm happy to keep Raptors.... especially since Jurassic 4 is coming, AWESOME! What is old becomes new again!

Comment

Raptors is a good name. It's unique and it is (for better or worse) the team image and history. Huskies would just be one of hundreds of other teams named the Huskies (multiple Canadian Universities use it). Plus I like that the Raptors has the multiple short forms - Raps and Dinos are both acceptable and used in broadcasts.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

IMO, changing the team name would be seen as smokescreens and gimmickry if changes aren't made on the court. I don't think anyone would be happy to see a Husky on our chests if the team continues to be a permanent member of the draft lottery.

I want to see a commitment to winning. Improve the on-court product, win some playoff rounds, earn the league's respect, and then maybe worry about replacing the cartoon animal on the uniforms.

Comment

since Bosh left, calling them the Raptors is a bit like calling a movie without Stallone in it "Rocky"

Comment

Huskies is too generic. Sadly, nobody liked my suggestion of the Toronto Fighting Yaks the first time around.

Comment

if we were to change the name i wouldnt be able to call them the Craptors when they suck.. that nickname is priceless

Comment

Lets look at all the shitty names around the league
                          Spurs
                          Celtics
                          Lakers
                          Jazz
                          Pelicans
                          Suns
                          Clippers? What are clippers? I use clippers when my nails get too long?
                          Trailblazers(meh)
                          Knickerbockers
                          76ers
                          Nuggets

Ya I think I'm fine with Raptors

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            I use to be 100% for Huskies. Kind of indifferent now.

Only way I'd go yes is if drastic sweeping changes occurred to coincide, like for example:

-New President and GM
                            -trading away all the excess baggage of the miserable last 5 years
                            -drafting a can't miss #1 like Wiggins

But all that is pretty unlikely so I'm happy to keep Raptors.... especially since Jurassic 4 is coming, AWESOME! What is old becomes new again!
                            Agreed. Usually any major logo/name change comes with a complete re-brand. Cavaliers made a pretty big change when Lebron arrived, LA Kings re-branded with the arrival of Gretzky. Without a major "blow it up" situation, it would seem less like a re-brand and more like desperation.

Celebrating the Futility of the Toronto Raptors:
                            http://www.holycraptors.com

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                              Lets look at all the shitty names around the league
                              Spurs
                              Celtics
                              Lakers
                              Jazz
                              Pelicans
                              Suns
                              Clippers? What are clippers? I use clippers when my nails get too long?
                              Trailblazers(meh)
                              Knickerbockers
                              76ers
                              Nuggets

Ya I think I'm fine with Raptors
                              I actually think a couple of those are great names, that sound good and also fit the city quite well - Spurs (cowboys in texas), Suns (not only for weather, but fits with lots of local native imagery from the area), 76ers (1776 signing of Declaration of Independence) and Nuggets (gold rush). Jazz was a great name for the original New Orleans team, as was Lakers for the original Minneapolis team. Even the Celtics and Knickerbockers are representative of their respective city's historic roots, though both are quite outdated nowadays. At least the Pelicans are named after the state bird.

The Spurs, as far as the name and jersey colors, are one of my favourite in all of professional sports.

Comment

Working...
                              X