Jose & Kleiza to Detroit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose & Kleiza to Detroit

Raps take back some bad contracts to squeeze a 1st round pick out the Pistons.

To Detroit:
    Jose, Kleiza & 2013 2nd round pick

To Toronto:
    Stuckey, Tayshaun Prince, & 1st round pick (2013 top 3 protected, 2014 unprotected)

Salaries match. We get a backup PG and some depth at SF. Pistons get immediate cap relief and dump some bad contracts.

First, Detroit can't trade any 1st round picks, due to the conditional 1st round pick already owed to Charlotte.
    - 2013: top-14 protected
    - 2014: top-8 protected
    - 2015: top-1 protected
    - 2016: unprotected

Second, I'd rather have Calderon (and re-sign him) than Stuckey. I prefer the different looks at PG that Calderon/Lowry provide, rather than replacing Calderon with another shoot-first PG.

Third, what's the point of getting Prince when the Raptors already have 3 young wings (DeRozan, Ross and Fields) needing playing time, along with Anderson? I wouldn't want to take playing time away from any of the youngsters and, at this point in time, Prince isn't much of an improvement (if any) over Anderson.

Fourth, if all this is done just to dump Kleiza, I'd rather just wait and use the amnesty on him in the offseason.

Comment

Ok, thx CRF. The whole point was to get the Pistons first rounder with an outside shot at Wiggins in 2014, so nevermind.... BTW, where do you get the latest info on draft picks owned & owed?

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
        Ok, thx CRF. The whole point was to get the Pistons first rounder with an outside shot at Wiggins in 2014, so nevermind.... BTW, where do you get the latest info on draft picks owned & owed?
        I think it's RealGM. I just do a google search for "future nba draft picks" and it's usually the 1st one. It goes through every team and lists every pick they are owed from other teams and every pick they owe, with all the conditions fully explained.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
          http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...rafts/detailed

Comment

Working...
          X