Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think it's possible to get Granger&Mozgov while only giving up Andrea&Kleiza?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think it's possible to get Granger&Mozgov while only giving up Andrea&Kleiza?

I don't know much about our draft picks and all that, but do you think it would be possible to get Mozgov by trading Kleiza to the Nuggets, and getting Granger by trading Bargnani to the Pacers? Could we add picks?

I mean, imagine if both Jose and Lowry accept to re-sign. We could have the best PG duo in the league. Look at what our team could look like by next year:

Centers: Jonas Valanciunas, Timofey Mozgov & Aaron Gray
    Power forwards: Ed Davis, Amir Johnson & Quincy Acy
    Small forwards: Danny Granger, Landry Fields & Tomislav Zubcic
    Shooting guards: DeMar DeRozan, Terrence Ross & Alan Anderson
    Point guards: Jose Calderon, Kyle Lowry & John Lucas

It would be great. I don't know what is in the heads of Jose and Lowry, but if they are committed to this team, it would just be amazing if everybody was accepting their roles. The team would be really complete and I also think it would be a playoff team.
    Last edited by charlesnba23; Fri Jan 25, 2013, 07:13 PM.

I'm not too insightful in our picks, but according to RealGM, We have our 2013, 2014 and 2015 2nd round pick. We also have the King's 2014 second round pick but it's 56 - 60 Protected.

Mozgov for Kleiza makes somewhat sense. What the Denver Nuggets really need right now is a shooter. It's the only thing that they are sorta lacking right now. Kleiza could help in that department. However, the problem is that Kleiza is still injured right now and hasn't proven yet that he can come back and produce normally. Another issue is that they are already pretty stacked in the SF department. They would like a shooter in the SG department. Mozgov will help us in our back-up center problem though which I like. We might or might not need a second round pick depending on whether or not the Nuggets feel like Kleiza will give them the scoring they need.

Bargnani for Granger is a harder sell. Both are injured at the moment. Bargnani doesn't really help the Pacers in any real way since they have a decent PF back-up in Hansbrough. The only place he has with the Pacers is as their back-up center, but I don't think they would want their back-up center to be paid $10 million per year. If we were really interested in getting Granger, I'm pretty sure that the Pacers would inquire about including Calderon since PG is their second weakest position. Hill is doing decently but isn't much of a facilitator. Augustin has been seriously underachieving. They could definitely use a facilitator like Calderon who can also put up 12+ points along with 8+ assists per game. So I don't think it's realistic to get Granger without trading Calderon too. Maybe even a 2nd round pick to sweeten the deal a bit. Granger is a bit of a concern to me too. His knees are an issue and he hasn't proven that he can still produce at an All-star level. Another thing is that he only has 2 years left in his deal, so it's unsure whether he will resign with us or not.

Comment

Thanks for your really good answer Blacklash2k4!

I agree with everything you said about the Kleiza trade.

As for the Bargnani for Granger trade, here is what I think.

First, why I think the Pacers would like to get Bargnani is because David West is a free agent at the end of the season and I'm not sure they will re-sign him. That being said, Andrea could be their new starting power forward or maybe the backup of Hansbrough, depending on the coach decisions.

Don't you think it would be great to be able to keep both of our starting caliber point guards for the long run? I mean Calderon has been a Raptors for almost a decade now. It would be sad to let him go right when the team is starting to look like a winning team. Same for Lowry. This guy wants to win and he's doing pretty well as a back-up, averaging almost 12 points, 6 assists, 1 steal and 3 rebounds on 24 minutes over the 15 games he's been the back-up point guard before tonight.

Thanks for your infos on the drafts picks. I think that if we are able to get Mozgov and Granger by giving away only Kleiza and Bargnani, we should be ready to trade all of our second round picks to get them.

Comment

Doug Smith made a good point about Granger, i.e. why would the Raps want Granger now when they passed on drafting him due to long term concern about the same knee that has him out 2 months at age 30? We don't need another Jermaine O'Neal type of gamble.

Comment

Working...
        X