Lowry on the Block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mountio wrote: View Post
    Because Rondo is out for the year and KG and PP are old and they need to win now. I think Boston would very much consider this or similar deals .. they are obviously getting less "value" .. but they are trading damaged goods .. so that comes with the territory
    So you're saying Boston would rather trade (arguably) the best point guard in the league for two players on our team that nobody wants?

Why doesn't Boston just wait it out for another season? Rondo's still young. KG and PP are past their prime and the sacrifice of losing them would hurt much less than trading away a star like Rondo. Come on man.. this is crazy talk.. you couldn't even trade Bargnani right now for a second rounder.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
      I like lowry too, I thought it would be a great move for us. So far it hasnt panned out. Lowry has terrible body language though. Did you know that 53 percent of how we communicate is body language alone. 38 percent is the tone of our words and 7 percent is the actual words. Im not saying lowry CANT lead us but he certainly cant be the leader we NEED. It would be like Westbrook being the Leader on OKC without durant. Westbrook has all the skill and passion but not the quality you want from your "leader". IMO Lowry would make a perfect Robin but he needs a Batman.

Put lowry on the Rockets again with Harden and I think he would be a perfect fit. Hope that makes sense.
      Yeah makes sense. Not every team can have a Durant though

Comment

• Michel G wrote: View Post
        Rondo's hurt now, so unfortunately that trade wouldn't go through.
        if toronto was to accept the injury the deal still could go through, i think anyway...if it got rid of bargs id be ok with waiting a year for a healthy rondo

Comment

• This may be a little off topic but a lot of people have talked about how calderon has affected lowry's play since he came back from injury and got him to look to pass more and be less aggressive.. but I was thinking, what about how lowry has affected calderon's play.. it almost seems like after watching lowry from the bench at the beginning of the season, calderon has been looking for his shot more than ever compared to recent seasons. He has been 100x more aggressive and is having one of the best seasons of his career. Sooooooo often he used to pass up wide open shots or be so hesitant, I feel like lowry has been a good influence on him in that sense and he is smart enough not to start chucking for the sake of it but to be aggressive and take his shot when he has it

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
            This may be a little off topic but a lot of people have talked about how calderon has affected lowry's play since he came back from injury and got him to look to pass more and be less aggressive.. but I was thinking, what about how lowry has affected calderon's play.. it almost seems like after watching lowry from the bench at the beginning of the season, calderon has been looking for his shot more than ever compared to recent seasons. He has been 100x more aggressive and is having one of the best seasons of his career. Sooooooo often he used to pass up wide open shots or be so hesitant, I feel like lowry has been a good influence on him in that sense and he is smart enough not to start chucking for the sake of it but to be aggressive and take his shot when he has it
            Jose has done this before when fighting for his job against the likes of Ford/Jack to a lesser extent Bayless.. Jose always plays his best when pushed to do so...he def. has been looking like jose of old these days.. hope groin & hammys dont become an issue :-/

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
              Jose has done this before when fighting for his job against the likes of Ford/Jack to a lesser extent Bayless.. Jose always plays his best when pushed to do so...he def. has been looking like jose of old these days.. hope groin & hammys dont become an issue :-/
              true

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
                So you're saying Boston would rather trade (arguably) the best point guard in the league for two players on our team that nobody wants?

Why doesn't Boston just wait it out for another season? Rondo's still young. KG and PP are past their prime and the sacrifice of losing them would hurt much less than trading away a star like Rondo. Come on man.. this is crazy talk.. you couldn't even trade Bargnani right now for a second rounder.
                Like mentioned already... Celtics are in WIN NOW MODE. They cant just wait for next year. everyone will be a year older. Lowry is functional now and would keep them in the playoffs , maybe more.

Boston has 2 options now:
                a) Blow it up ( trade Pierce, Garnett, Terry)
                or
                b) trade for another point guard and try to win

Comment

if toronto was to accept the injury the deal still could go through, i think anyway...if it got rid of bargs id be ok with waiting a year for a healthy rondo
                  Just resign Jose till rondos back.

No way there would be a PG controversy between Rondo and Jose. Its clear whose better. Jose would agree and rondo is the exact PG we need.

Comment

Just resign Jose till rondos back.

No way there would be a PG controversy between Rondo and Jose. Its clear whose better. Jose would agree and rondo is the exact PG we need.
                    agreed 100% Rondo is def the type we need.. pass first & great D

Comment

agreed 100% Rondo is def the type we need.. pass first & great D
                      I LOVE Rondo! No homo

Comment

Like mentioned already... Celtics are in WIN NOW MODE. They cant just wait for next year. everyone will be a year older. Lowry is functional now and would keep them in the playoffs , maybe more.

Boston has 2 options now:
                        a) Blow it up ( trade Pierce, Garnett, Terry)
                        or
                        b) trade for another point guard and try to win
                        Danny Ainge has already repeatedly said that he wouldn't mind trading the veterans if it were to make his team better. There is NO WAY they will be trading Rondo for two scrubs that are underachieving heavily this season.

One more thing, if the Celtics are sub .500 with Rondo, what makes you think they're going to do any better with Lowry? Why trade your best player just to hope for success in the playoffs? Which btw, won't happen. As much as I love KG, the choice between trading either him or Rondo, is an obvious one.

We'll see...

Comment

Danny Ainge has already repeatedly said that he wouldn't mind trading the veterans if it were to make his team better. There is NO WAY they will be trading Rondo for two scrubs that are underachieving heavily this season.

One more thing, if the Celtics are sub .500 with Rondo, what makes you think they're going to do any better with Lowry? Why trade your best player just to hope for success in the playoffs? Which btw, won't happen. As much as I love KG, the choice between trading either him or Rondo, is an obvious one.

We'll see...

while i agree boston aint trading Rondo.. Lowry would be the ideal fit in boston.. they need some scoring.. terry hasnt exactly filled allens shoes like they hoped & lowry could def help in that department.. with the ball going through PP it just might work

Comment

while i agree boston aint trading Rondo.. Lowry would be the ideal fit in boston.. they need some scoring.. terry hasnt exactly filled allens shoes like they hoped & lowry could def help in that department.. with the ball going through PP it just might work
                            Im not dismissing the possibility of us trading Lowry at all, just trading him for Rondo, which is a pipe dream

Comment

We'll see...
                              You might be right .. but its a BIG change in mindset for the Celtics to "blow it up" and trade PP and KG. When youve built your team around old guys and added vets like jason terry, its a BIG mindset change to go the other direction, miss the playoffs, not be competitive, etc.

Not to say that trading rondo isnt a mindset change too (it is) .. but I wouldnt put it past ainge to try to patch it up ..

Comment

• Lowry for Bradley! Add the players to make it work!
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X