Lowry on the Block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    See that's the thing... I don't think Lowry is a "good" leader. He could be a leader but he doesn't know how to communicate in a positive way with the other players the same way Jose does. I just think Lowry is the guy yells about how you did something wrong. Jose is the guy to tell you what you did wrong and how to do it right.

(lowry) vs (Jose)
    criticism vs. constructive criticism
    You have to remember, Jose has been the starting pg for this team for years. Lowry is the newcomer. I see leadership qualities in both of them, but comparing them based on this season is just inaccurate.

Lowry is talking to guys all the time, just like Jose., I don't know what you're basing that criticism assumption on

Comment

Good discussion. All that I know is that Lowry was sulking like a little bitch on the end of the bench last night when Jose hit the layup for us to go ahead by 2. Didnt even join the huddle when there was a very realistic chance he was going back in the game if it went to OT.
      This is in sharp contrast to just a few games ago, when he was one of our biggest cheerleaders on the bench. I dont know exactly what happened, but its clearly something.
      I dont see this lasting long - I would bet one of Jose or Lowry will be gone within the next couple of weeks ... and if I had to guess, it will be Lowry. And, for people saying "you better get as much as we gave up for him" .. you are dreaming in technicolour ... we wont get anywhere near a high first round pick for him. Another BC disaster ...

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
        You have to remember, Jose has been the starting pg for this team for years. Lowry is the newcomer. I see leadership qualities in both of them, but comparing them based on this season is just inaccurate.

Lowry is talking to guys all the time, just like Jose., I don't know what you're basing that criticism assumption on
        I like lowry too, I thought it would be a great move for us. So far it hasnt panned out. Lowry has terrible body language though. Did you know that 53 percent of how we communicate is body language alone. 38 percent is the tone of our words and 7 percent is the actual words. Im not saying lowry CANT lead us but he certainly cant be the leader we NEED. It would be like Westbrook being the Leader on OKC without durant. Westbrook has all the skill and passion but not the quality you want from your "leader". IMO Lowry would make a perfect Robin but he needs a Batman.

Put lowry on the Rockets again with Harden and I think he would be a perfect fit. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

It's probably been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I'll say it again. Lowry has been excellent coming off the bench in the last 15 games coming back from injury, numbers wise anyway. According to Basketball Reference, in 23.7 minutes per game, he's averaging 11.1 points, 5.8 assists and 3.2 boards; he's shooting .435 percent from the field and .448 percent from three. He's averaging 9 assists per 36 minutes. He's been playing well. I'm not quite sure why Toronto would give up on him. Boston needs a point guard though???

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
            Good discussion. All that I know is that Lowry was sulking like a little bitch on the end of the bench last night when Jose hit the layup for us to go ahead by 2. Didnt even join the huddle when there was a very realistic chance he was going back in the game if it went to OT.
            This is in sharp contrast to just a few games ago, when he was one of our biggest cheerleaders on the bench. I dont know exactly what happened, but its clearly something.
            I dont see this lasting long - I would bet one of Jose or Lowry will be gone within the next couple of weeks ... and if I had to guess, it will be Lowry. And, for people saying "you better get as much as we gave up for him" .. you are dreaming in technicolour ... we wont get anywhere near a high first round pick for him. Another BC disaster ...
            Exactly what Im referring to... Lowry keeps saying the right things but his body language off camera and towards other players is saying far more than his words. Remember 93 percent of the way we communicate is body language and only 7 percent is the actual words. If your sulking on the bench... your not a leader. or not a very good one, imo.

Comment

Michel G wrote: View Post
              It's probably been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I'll say it again. Lowry has been excellent coming off the bench in the last 15 games coming back from injury, numbers wise anyway. According to Basketball Reference, in 23.7 minutes per game, he's averaging 11.1 points, 5.8 assists and 3.2 boards; he's shooting .435 percent from the field and .448 percent from three. He's averaging 9 assists per 36 minutes. He's been playing well. I'm not quite sure why Toronto would give up on him. Boston needs a point guard though???
              unrelated matter but ... lowry + bargnani for rondo and green works. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Comment

Exactly what Im referring to... Lowry keeps saying the right things but his body language off camera and towards other players is saying far more than his words. Remember 93 percent of the way we communicate is body language and only 7 percent is the actual words. If your sulking on the bench... your not a leader. or not a very good one, imo.
                Wasn't he hurt last night? His back or something?

Comment

unrelated matter but ... lowry + bargnani for rondo and green works. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
                  Rondo's hurt now, so unfortunately that trade wouldn't go through.

Comment

with rondo out for the year with his torn ACL, hes actually a very interesting trade partner. You should be able to get a pretty good deal for him .. and sort of tank at the same time because he wont be back until the middle of next year. With Boston being so old, they almost have to do something now. Very intriguing ..

Comment

• mountio wrote: View Post
                      with rondo out for the year with his torn ACL, hes actually a very interesting trade partner. You should be able to get a pretty good deal for him .. and sort of tank at the same time because he wont be back until the middle of next year. With Boston being so old, they almost have to do something now. Very intriguing ..
                      I highly doubt its a full ACL tear. They said he was walking at shoot around. more likely a partial tear so he would be back for next year. but Boston is in win now and needs a pg.

Comment

• Michel G wrote: View Post
                        Rondo's hurt now, so unfortunately that trade wouldn't go through.
                        Since when cant you trade an injured player ??? ....

Comment

• Michel G wrote: View Post
                          Wasn't he hurt last night? His back or something?
                          Wasnt mentioned anywhere

I think he was hit in the nose during the second qtr though causing him to leave before halftime. He played later on so shouldnt be an excuse.
                          Last edited by pesterm1; Sun Jan 27, 2013, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                            Why would Boston ever do this?

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
                              Why would Boston ever do this?
                              Because Rondo is out for the year and KG and PP are old and they need to win now. I think Boston would very much consider this or similar deals .. they are obviously getting less "value" .. but they are trading damaged goods .. so that comes with the territory

Comment

• If Lowry has been broken then he is a head case. The same head case that lost his starting job in Houston, the same headcase that had issues with Mchale. He unnecessarily gambles outside of the defensive system. When he plays his style offensively it is like a very small bull in a china shop. It is reckless and there is no wonder why he is injury prone if you end up on your back or face every drive to the bucket. Perhaps his change in style isnt so much trying to be like Jose, but the realization that his career has only a few years left if he keeps playing that style.

I was not in favor of trading for him. I would have finally given Jose the keys to the car for the first time in years rather than continuously spending time and energy trying to replace him and worked on other positions that we were in far more dire need of. If all of these TJ Ford/Lowry trades had been for other positions we would have been in a better spot now instead of trying to replace a guy who is in the top 10 for his position in multiple categories pertaining to point guards. The real issue with how the fan base reacts to Jose is his contract. It has always been that fan red herring that people have to mention. Yet over the term of that contract has it ever prevented us from signing anyone? Nope.

Comment

Working...
                                X