Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleveland vs. Toronto: January 26 - Camo Jersey Night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol definitely wouldn't put him on the line.. that is just a ridiculous idea.. man up and play D

Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
      It was what it was, and we were down by 5 at one point wit a few minutes left. Cleveland has been playing well lately. It came down to that shot. If you are disgusted, you are disgusted, I otoh would have gotten over the disgust rather quick if it rattled out.
      Exactly after being up by double digits 3 times in the game!

For all the bullshit last year (which I fell for hook, line, and sinker by the way) about culture change, I am not seeing it. I still see a group of nice guys with, overall, average NBA talent struggling to get out of the bottom 10 in the league and losing games they shoulda/coulda/woulda won.

So in the very small picture it comes down to that shot but in the very big picture it coming down to that shot is the absolute problem.

This is a game where the starters for Cleveland were 2 rookies, 2 second year players, and a 25 year old signed to a 3 year/$10M contract.

#No3rdYearOption

#tradeBargnani

Take other teams shit for prospects and picks.

Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
        Here is the play by play:

I don't know, he looked rather human to me in the last few minutes. Don't see why I would foul him with 3 seconds left to put him on the line to tie the game. That would seem rather dumb to me.
        Foul him when he got to ball (that's 12 seconds to go), you avoid taking a big chance like this.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
          If you got a star player who is red hot, you make the foul and let him go to the line. You couldn't stop him all of the fourth quarter, you are not going to stop him in the final possession. At the very least you will have the power to decide that he takes a 2 point shot instead of having the option to take a 3.
          Irving hit the shot thats all there is to it you mean to tell me up by 2 you would send him to the line? they played it right he just happened to hit it.. It sucks but hey we never should have been in a close situation for this game in the first place Raps were on and leading by 11 D just vanished believe it or not we need Bargnani and JV back in the rotation Ed and Amir are exhaused by that time. Thompson got everything he wanted from Acy tonight.

Comment

• I don't know, never coached basketball, but it seems risky to me. Especially considering that the player you are shaking in your boots over, turned over the ball twice in the final two minutes.

I don't know if giving up two FT shots is the best thing to do.
            Last edited by BasketballCrush; Sat Jan 26, 2013, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
              lol definitely wouldn't put him on the line.. that is just a ridiculous idea.. man up and play D
              male bravado don't win you games, smart tactics do.

Comment

• Dribbles strikes again ....this one is on Casey mostly tho.....0.o

Comment

Foul him when he got to ball (that's 12 seconds to go), you avoid taking a big chance like this.
                  please refrain from coaching advice

Comment

male bravado don't win you games, smart tactics do.
                    your tactic woulda given us another likely overtime loss when we had the lead with 12 seconds left.. nothing you can do when a player takes a dumb shot from half court other than get up on him earlier.. putting him to the line is just dumb

Comment

your tactic woulda given us another likely overtime loss when we had the lead with 12 seconds left.. nothing you can do when a player takes a dumb shot from half court other than get up on him earlier.. putting him to the line is just dumb
                      How was the shot dumb?! he made it.

Comment

How was the shot dumb?! he made it.
                        it was a ridiculously low percentage shot, especially when u are only down by 2.. good for him tho.. but still a dumb shot

Comment

• He could of easily made another one, if we coughed up the ball with 12 seconds left, or left time on the clock. The inbound pass has not exactly been money for us when sealing the deal.

Comment

• If he makes a difficult shot like that, you have to give it him and move on. The difficulty on that make was quite high.

Comment

it was a ridiculously low percentage shot, especially when u are only down by 2.. good for him tho.. but still a dumb shot
                              He is a star player that was given alot of respect and space by Alan Anderson to take that shot, that's why he took it.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Take other teams shit for prospects and picks.
                                This is the new official Toronto Raptors team slogan, replacing that 'Pound the rock' nonsense. Well done Matthew.

The Toronto Raptors, where we take other team's shit, for prospects and picks!

Comment

Working...
                                X