No announcement yet.

Casey, Lowry and Anderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do think that had Kyrie missed the shot, we would still have people point out that it wasn't contested well, but it wouldn't have sparked the 3 pager that we currently have.

I also think that we have a problem in fourth quarters, but how much of that is Casey's fault, how much is lack of talent on the team, and how much is due to the fact that we are very thin up front after Davis and Amir. I mean at the start of the season Q&A is our second round pick, projected to be in the d-league or glued to the bench and living with garbage minutes.

I can't help but thinking that the return of bargs or jv would've have helped us in at least a couple of the recent losses, but again shoulda/woulda/coulda doesn't by you anything.

I think we can point out a few factors that are clearly issues, but at the end of the day, I don't think we have the talent. And I don't think there's anything casey can do about that.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
      I do think that had Kyrie missed the shot, we would still have people point out that it wasn't contested well, but it wouldn't have sparked the 3 pager that we currently have.

I also think that we have a problem in fourth quarters, but how much of that is Casey's fault, how much is lack of talent on the team, and how much is due to the fact that we are very thin up front after Davis and Amir. I mean at the start of the season Q&A is our second round pick, projected to be in the d-league or glued to the bench and living with garbage minutes.

I can't help but thinking that the return of bargs or jv would've have helped us in at least a couple of the recent losses, but again shoulda/woulda/coulda doesn't by you anything.

I think we can point out a few factors that are clearly issues, but at the end of the day, I don't think we have the talent. And I don't think there's anything casey can do about that.
      I agree with everything you said but the bolded part. He is the coach and he must manage the personel we have - clearly we have an issue with 4th quarter breakdowns.Casey MUST find the lineup or plays that would work best late in games.
      As for Acy I think that is a great experience for him which gives him an opportunity to showcase himself early in his career. If he would ever have a chance to remain in the league this would be the main reason. I really like what I have seen from him so far. I don't see him developing as some kind of star but I think he may become servicable big man off the bench. I don't like the comparison to Reggie Evans as Acy is a lot more talented offensively but lacks the rebounding "nack". However he shows good defense and right instincts.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Ok, so yeah, Irving hit a tough shot that you can't really do anything about when it happens, but I think your first question is stupid. You're up 2, with the other team only having time for one shot, and you don't get up on him at the 3pt line, the only place a shot can win the game for them? And don't say he could have drove and kicked to an open shooter, because I'd rather anyone taking a shot than Irving. There isn't much a coach can do about it, so maybe it's on AA, but either way it was poor score recognition for what type of situation they were in, whoever's fault it was.
        Agree. I think AA should have already thought that the reason why he was put on Kyrie was because he's bigger and longer and can bother Kyrie if he ever decides to take a jumpshot. Im not sure why he was waiting for the screen when there were only 4 secs on the clock. Even if the screen came, worse could happen is a tie and they go to overtime. This is why the Raps desperately need clutch players, not just to make shots, but to make defensive plays as well.

Comment

I was actually surprised the Raptors didn't put on a full-court press, considering Cleveland was inbounding from their own baseline, with just 12 seconds left. I think it would have surprised Cleveland and left them struggling to find a decent shot, or it could have taken the ball out of Irving's hands. Even if it just forced them to burn another timeout after getting past the mid-court line, it would have meant having to draw up a new play in the half-court setting, giving Irving much less time to simply stroll up the court, line up the shot and take a virtually unguarded long 3.

Absolutely horrendous exectuion down the stretch, especially with the second unit staying on until about the 4 minute mark. I also don't get why Fields, who's often referred to as the team's best defender, is rarely on at the end of games. From a defensive standpoint, it would have made more sense to see him out there instead of Anderson, DeRozan or Ross, even to guard Irving!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            I was actually surprised the Raptors didn't put on a full-court press, considering Cleveland was inbounding from their own baseline, with just 12 seconds left. I think it would have surprised Cleveland and left them struggling to find a decent shot, or it could have taken the ball out of Irving's hands. Even if it just forced them to burn another timeout after getting past the mid-court line, it would have meant having to draw up a new play in the half-court setting, giving Irving much less time to simply stroll up the court, line up the shot and take a virtually unguarded long 3.

Absolutely horrendous exectuion down the stretch, especially with the second unit staying on until about the 4 minute mark. I also don't get why Fields, who's often referred to as the team's best defender, is rarely on at the end of games. From a defensive standpoint, it would have made more sense to see him out there instead of Anderson, DeRozan or Ross, even to guard Irving!
            Bingo. I was thinking the same thing. Irving was red hot - take your chances with a scrub. Worst case it's going to OT. Nobody but Kyrie would have the balls to take a 3. A Van Gundy would have taken the ball out of his hands.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
              TRex man your threads are all panic button pushes lol. Lowry Ross and AA are the scorers Raps just take theirfoor off the throuat and stop playing desperate throughout the game and thats why they lose, also we are missin JV in the rotation Amir and Ed cant play these heavy minutes.

Good teams play desparate all the time and crank it up even more when get ahead to put the other team away. We are not a good team--we do not know how to play with a lead. GOOD TEAMS AVOID CLOSE GAMES.

Comment

Working...
              X