Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rondo done for the season. Do celtics call for Calderon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    You can always have talks with a player you have under contract. It's only tampering when you are talking with a player under contract with another team. See Larry Coon's Faq.
    I believe you are allowed to talk to another team's player if both teams agree to it. Dwight I believe was talking to Brooklyn (and I believe LA) while still under contract with Orlando, but I believe it was because Orlando gave Brooklyn and LA permission to talk with him.

Comment

If you have a soft pg the team follows suit Calderon has to go, even more than Bargnani for the Raps to truly enjoy long term success.

Comment

It's got to be inclusive of Boston for now, but I'm thinking a much larger trade centred around the acquisition of Rudy Gay and Brandon Jennings, book it http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aqt7org

Comment

i honestly cant tell if this is a serious thread or not
          boston will def not sign another pg

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I also like Green, but I just don't see the point of getting him if we have Fields, Demar and Ross expected to eat a lot of minutes at the wing, and Ed, Bargs (until we can be rid of him), and Acy eating any and all PF minutes. He could certainly outplay Fields, but to have to pay them a combined 15+ million and neither be really that special....that's utterly terrible roster management.
            There are only 2 ways to unload Fields or Kleiza:
            1. Take back a solid player with an awful contract (Eg Gay), or an injury prone player like Granger;
            2. Package them with say either Jose or Lowry to a team that needs a PG (and prob again take back a shitty contract).
            Adding Green to the mix without unloading one of Field or Kleiza would be as you stated "utterly terrible roster management".
            Also: Lets keep in mind Ross prob needs some minutes at 3 (at least if we hope to see improvement -playing 12-15 mins behind Demar is not enough).

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
              Would be great but ACL injury could be career limiting or even ending...
              Intereeeeeesting. Very intereeeeeesting.
              What do you lose?
              Most fans feel that Jose will walk anyway.
              Moot point. Ainge would not even dream of it.
              Lowry for Rondo? Maybe

Comment

Working...
              X