Lowry sitting with "back spasms"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michel G wrote: View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Devlin and Jack Armstrong went on for a couple of minutes during last night's broadcast on how bad Lowry has been coming off the bench. I checked the game logs for the last 15 games, the ones where he's the backup, and he's averaging 16.5 points and 8.8 assists per 36 minutes (my calculations). And he's shooting 45% from three. That's GOOD! I also compared his Per 36 minutes stats with Damian Lillard, for example, he seems to be everybody's favourite, and Lowry's are better across the board. Lowry's played well this year considering the circumstances. We need to move on from the Calderon era. And I want a crappy point guard to back Lowry up (wait, we already have one). I'm tired of point guard controversies.
    Overall +1.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      I don't completely agree with your assessment. I think a lot of people - myself included - see the primary responsibility of a PG to be that of a true floor general, who initiates the offense and gets the entire team going in the team's offensive flow. Obviously Calderon is much better and getting more out of each player and the 5-man unit than Lowry. I think PGs like Lowry are better served as 2nd unit PGs, where their scoring ability can often take centre stage. The problem with the starting PG being too scoring-centric, is that sometimes the rest of the team's offense stagnates and it winds up being 1-on-5 offensively.

I agree that it's an old-school approach, but I think it's more the pass-first VS score-first style of PG debate. I don't think the "nice and clean cut guys" factors into their analysis though.
      jose may be nice, but clean cut? LOL looks like he just woke up & drove to work all the time LOL as for the style debate i think there could be arguements made for & against both.. i dont think either is the answer but if i had to role someone out there every night that is currently on our team id prob go with jose.. with some roster modification Lowry would be the better long term..that is if we could land a legit all-star calibre player to be the Top Dog, Lowry would be a good 2nd or 3rd option.. also any offense that keeps the ball moving would be ideal since Lowry can be a black hole when he goes ISO

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
        jose may be nice, but clean cut? LOL looks like he just woke up & drove to work all the time LOL as for the style debate i think there could be arguements made for & against both.. i dont think either is the answer but if i had to role someone out there every night that is currently on our team id prob go with jose.. with some roster modification Lowry would be the better long term..that is if we could land a legit all-star calibre player to be the Top Dog, Lowry would be a good 2nd or 3rd option.. also any offense that keeps the ball moving would be ideal since Lowry can be a black hole when he goes ISO
        Calderon looks like he pulls an all nighter every night lol

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I don't completely agree with your assessment. I think a lot of people - myself included - see the primary responsibility of a PG to be that of a true floor general, who initiates the offense and gets the entire team going in the team's offensive flow. Obviously Calderon is much better and getting more out of each player and the 5-man unit than Lowry. I think PGs like Lowry are better served as 2nd unit PGs, where their scoring ability can often take centre stage.
          I don't completely agree with your assessment either. Lowry has done a better job of getting his teammates involved in the last 15 games. His better assists totals attests to that. The wing players have been productive with Lowry on the floor. What Jose does as well as almost anybody in the league is to get the bigs involved. He's excellent at that. But with more time I believe Lowry will improve on that. Never to Jose's level, but you can't have everything.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Overall +1.
            Agreed. Hey Matt I would like a factual thread on BC's overall stats as GM with, if able, comparisons to other GM's that have held their posts as long as BC..

More and more I think we need to turn the page on BC...the only caveat being that BC knows all of the problems and a new GM would take time to get up to speed.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
              Agreed. Hey Matt I would like a factual thread on BC's overall stats as GM with, if able, comparisons to other GM's that have held their posts as long as BC..

More and more I think we need to turn the page on BC...the only caveat being that BC knows all of the problems and a new GM would take time to get up to speed.
              That thread sounds painful and time consuming.

Here is BC's record as Raptors GM:

http://hoopshype.com/general_manager..._colangelo.htm

You can go through each team's GM to get an idea of how long they've been there and what they have done. A quick look through and you will see BC's new motto is: "Hey! It could be worse! I'm not Geoff Petrie!"

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                That thread sounds painful and time consuming.

Here is BC's record as Raptors GM:

http://hoopshype.com/general_manager..._colangelo.htm

You can go through each team's GM to get an idea of how long they've been there and what they have done. A quick look through and you will see BC's new motto is: "Hey! It could be worse! I'm not Geoff Petrie!"
                It was funny seeing these names there:

Darrick "the original marcus banks" Martin
                Uros "the wall" Slokar
                Juan "quick first step" Dixon
                Luke "sweet shooter" Jackson
                Maceo "the inside presence" Baston
                Hassan "defensive stopper" Adams
                Jake "murderer" voshkul
                Roko "spurs killer" Ukic
                Will "CP3 wannabee" Solomon
                Patrick "the skyscraper" O'Bryant
                Pops "hyper" mensah-bonsu
                Ronald "im a scorer" Dupree
                Sundiata "buzzer beater" gaines
                Primoz "gangsta" Brezec
                QUINCY DOUBY!!!!

sorry im on my third glass of wine.
                Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Wed Jan 30, 2013, 12:07 AM.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                  hahahaha

I think its fairly obvious that im a Lowry fan, even during his Memphis and Houston days. The guy goes all out, balls out when he plays. It may have disadvantages but IMO those are highly outweighed by what he brings to the table.

I say let him play his game, get talent with (not around) him and see what he can do. Its his first year on a team that has no identity plus he essentially entered a situation that he just left with his former team (PG controversy). Really doesnt help the guy out positively.

The problem is, the team keeps coddling Jose when there is a PG controversy, and where has Jose taken this team? How bout letting Jose get the ugly brunt of the PG controversy stick this time and let the other guy win for a change. Cant get any worse.
                  +1

Comment

Michel G wrote: View Post
                    Couldn't agree more. Devlin and Jack Armstrong went on for a couple of minutes during last night's broadcast on how bad Lowry has been coming off the bench. I checked the game logs for the last 15 games, the ones where he's the backup, and he's averaging 16.5 points and 8.8 assists per 36 minutes (my calculations). And he's shooting 45% from three. That's GOOD! I also compared his Per 36 minutes stats with Damian Lillard, for example, he seems to be everybody's favourite, and Lowry's are better across the board. Lowry's played well this year considering the circumstances. We need to move on from the Calderon era. And I want a crappy point guard to back Lowry up (wait, we already have one). I'm tired of point guard controversies.
                    +1

Can you run the team??

Comment

i just read an article saying the raps are moving closer to a GAY deal...which in itself is nothing new but at the end of the article it mentioned that the Grizz would get a young player & a future pick from the raps & Jose to be flipped to a 3rd team yet to be found, also mentioned is the Grizz had attempted to include Ross in the deal & was told by raps that Ross was Untouchable! makes me wonder if maybe that young player is Demar & not Davis... or maybe both?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...For_Third_Team

i hope this remains the stance with Ross & if it does ill give BC credit for that.. Ross is a Keeper!
                      Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Jan 30, 2013, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Pretty funny how both Ross and JV, picks that were heavily criticized at first, are now the only 2 players on the roster that are "untouchable".

Comment

My problem with Lowry

golden wrote: View Post
                          These arguments along the lines of "we-need-this-guy or we-need-that-guy to make Lowry effective", just don't make any sense. First of all, Lowry simply isn't elite enough on offense or defense to start planning your entire roster around. You would just be repeating the exact same mistake you made with Bargs for the last 3+ years with Lowry. Secondly, I thought great players were supposed to make lesser players better, and not vice versa?
                          I like Lowry.... My problem is his DEFENCE.....he takes too many gambles! He leaves his opposing PG open many times in order to try to get steals.

I personally would trade him to boston for Bradley (a VERY GOOD defensive player) & Green/Sullinger or a 1st round pick (If boston is willing)

That would be a good trade for us

Lowry is NOT elite......he's clearly NOT the player we're looking for....he is what he is

Maybe we can use the pick to get a player through the draft (a PG) that can learn under Calderon for a season or 2

We dont have the talent to run with Lowry and he doesnt run the offence well enough to be our starting PG of the future

He would play very well with a team like boston because they have good talent to surround him

For the Raps he's currently just a back-up PG and he's better than just a backup.....Doc Rivers, KG and PP might be what he needs to take the next step

PLUS

He's injured too often for my liking! He plays soooo hard.....He seems out of shape to me.......Whats not to say he gets injured again? Then what?

I personally think its obvious BC made a mistake giving up our 1st round pick for him....especially since we're rebuilding and it looks like we're heading to the lottery AGAIN

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                            Pretty funny how both Ross and JV, picks that were heavily criticized at first, are now the only 2 players on the roster that are "untouchable".
                            thank BC for not being one of those GM's who's scared to go out on a limb... BC may make some bone head moves as far as free agents but hes done a pretty good job in the draft except Bargs obviously
                            Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Jan 30, 2013, 01:02 AM.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                              thank BC for not being one of those GM's who's scared to go out on a limb... BC may make some bone head moves as far as free agents but hes done a pretty good job in the draft except Bargs obviously
                              bargs was the right pick. he, is the one who failed not bc there.

I don't mind bc as a gm. I do think sometimes his swing for the fences all in is a bit over the top but I do prefer that to a gm who comes in and just works the draft every year while taking millions of dollars.

with bc the front office becomes a topic of discussion.

Comment

So with the game in ATL is it imprtant we start Lowry to assert himself back to the starting PG or do we continue playing Calderon to start to try and boost his value? I really dont think it can go up anymore its the best its ever going to get and that GSW game was the old Calderon....

Comment

Working...
                                X