• Show
Clear All

• Toronto - Memphis - Boston

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=arycnq8

Toronto: Rudy Gay
    Memphis: Jeff Green and Courtney Lee
    Boston: Jose Calderon and Ed Davis

Toronto Raptors' Prospective:
    We finally get a "star" SF in Gay who is major upgrade to Anderson and Fields. Gay will easily be the best SF we've ever had since Carter. Gay is having an off season but maybe a change in scenario where he's the number one option will help him rejuvenate his career. Unfortunately, we do have to give up Jose Calderon (my favorite Raptor) and Ed Davis (a PF will grow into a solid starter). We don't have to give up Bargnani too. We can either keep him or we can trade him for a possible first round pick.

PG: Kyle Lowry, John Lucas
    SG: DeMar DeRozan, Terrence Ross
    SF: Rudy Gay, Alan Anderson, Mickael Pietrus, Linas Kleiza
    PF: Amir Johnson, Andrea Bargnani, Quincy Acy
    C: Jonas Valanciunas, Aaron Gray

Memphis Grizzlies' Prospective:
    They get to shed Gay's contract. They get Green to take over the SF position who could use a new team where he can start and get more minutes. Green is 26 years old and there is still a little time to improve as a player. They also get Courtney Lee who will help them in the SG position as a back-up to Tony Allen. He plays good defense and provide some outside shooting. He's a better back-up SG than Wroten.

PG: Mike Conley, Jerryd Bayless
    SG: Tony Allen, Courtney Lee, Tony Wroten
    SF: Jeff Green, Quincy Pondexter, Chris Johnson
    PF: Zach Randolph, Darrell Arthur, Jon Leuer
    C: Marc Gasol, Hamed Haddadi

Boston Celtics' Prospective:
    Rondo is out for the season with a torn ACL. He's not just out for the rest of the season, but probably for half of the next season too, so they are seriously in need of a PG who can make up for his 13 points and 11 assists. Calderon can put up stats close to that. However they do give up some defense in the PG position. Boston can try to resign him for the next couple season. They also get Ed Davis who is a growing PF in the league. Davis can take over the PF position since he's better than Bass. He can hit a mid-range jumper, grab boards, and puts back the ball in traffic. Boston can build to the future with Rondo, Bradley and Davis. All they give up are Green and Lee who they have been rumors to be getting rid of before the trade deadline.

PG: Jose Calderon, Leandro Barbosa, Rajon Rondo
    SG: Avery Bradley, Jason Terry
    SF: Paul Pierce, Brandon Bass
    PF: Ed Davis, Jared Sullinger, Chris Wilcox
    C: Kevin Garnett, Jason Collins, Fab Melo

Issues with the Trade:
    The problems I can see from this trade is probably from Memphis' side. It all depends on whether or not they want Jeff Green and Courtney Lee. Let's face it. Jeff Green is no where near as good as Gay and probably will never be as good as Gay. Memphis wants to shed Gay's massive contract, but Green's contract isn't exactly friendly either. It's pretty expensive for a player like Green and it's for the next 3 years. Green's contract might still be better than Gay's contract, but it's not better by much. Memphis might need something to entice them to take this trade like a second round pick from either Boston or Toronto, but even then, there is still a possibility that Memphis will reject the trade.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Tue Jan 29, 2013, 05:44 PM.

So I think your on the right track, but I would propose to sell high on Lowry as well and get DD's good Brandon Jennings. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aqt7org That would give us

PG: BJ, JL3
    SG: DD, Ross
    SF: Rudy Gay, Alan Anderson, Landry Fields, Mickael Pietrus, Linas Kleiza
    PF: Amir, Acy, (LF and LK can play this as well)
    C: Val, Dalembert, Gray

Thats a good looking team to me, only trick is convincing Milwaukee that BJ is going to be leaving them and to pursue Ellis as the their PG

Comment

BALLS wrote: View Post
      So I think your on the right track, but I would propose to sell high on Lowry as well and get DD's good Brandon Jennings. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aqt7org That would give us

PG: BJ, JL3
      SG: DD, Ross
      SF: Rudy Gay, Alan Anderson, Landry Fields, Mickael Pietrus, Linas Kleiza
      PF: Amir, Acy, (LF and LK can play this as well)
      C: Val, Dalembert, Gray

Thats a good looking team to me, only trick is convincing Milwaukee that BJ is going to be leaving them and to pursue Ellis as the their PG
      That's pretty hard considering that Ellis is nothing like a PG. On the contrary, he has a reputation of being the opposite and just jacking up shots instead of distributing the ball. So I'm a bit iffy as to having Acy be our back-up PF. He's shown he can play defense and give up his body for the ball, but what he makes up for in defense, he gives up in offense. Fields can't play PF cuz he's not strong enough to defend stronger and bigger PF like KG, Randolph, Gasol, Duncan, Griffin, etc. Same with Klieza.
      Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Wed Jan 30, 2013, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X